homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 16)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through by name [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all in need. [Votive]

Requesting prayer for family issues.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For those who have died recently or at this time of the year.

[Votive] For the requests on the thread.

Father God, we reach out to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all here and elsewehere. [Votive]

Please pray for the family and friends of a young woman, H, who died recently leaving a young daughter.

Also please pray for me, for some concentrated concentration to perform important tasks.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Prayers for all here

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks malik

For Niteowl's family issues.

For the friends of ArachnidinElmet's H, and H's daughter.

For concentration and good task completion for ArachnidinElmet

Aaaaaaagh I have a seminar on Wednesday morning so I don't even have FOUR days to complete this demo I only have THREE AND A HALF aaaaagh

Thanks for a sign of grace this morning.

For the Telemum.

For L.

For R.

For K.

For G., S., and S.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For D. And R.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

For all on the Ship, and in continued thanksgiving for this wonderful prayer navy

for our sisters and brothers in the Roman Catholic church, particularly at this time, and that the good things that this Church has done may flourish -- may the Holy Spirit guide (as only the Holy Spirit can) the Cardinals as a new leader is chosen

For all suffering from depression

For any contemplating suicide

For all at the merciless mercy of economic dynamics

For Comet and for Ann -- how painful. God, I know something of the hurt of friendships damaged by unintentional misunderstandings

May Nicole's brother's job interview go well tomorrow -- please God, may he get the job

For Sir Kevin and Z -- may Z get a decent job with benefits

For continued good recovery for daisydaisy

For Niteowl and family

For Telepath and Telemum -- and that Telepath may get done what needs to get done, and know, with confidence, her positive strengths

Fot Telepath's L, R, K, G, S, and S

For Visiting Cat (btw will VC be getting a "tele" prefix any time soon? [Smile] )

For ArachnidinElmet's H and for the loved ones she leaves behind

For all who have died recentry

For ArachnidinElmet to successfully complete what needs to be done

For Kelly Alves' D and R

For my friend J recovering from a stroke and faced with having to leave his apartment and finding a relative to stay with because since he's not been working, he's not been getting paid!

For my cousin C that he may somehow develop a realistic mature plan for his future -- he already has an energetic approach to life, and is a person who is very helpful in so many ways to others (including me) -- he just needs to develop long-term goals and to understand that what might have worked for him at age 22 may not necessarily work at age 37

For my niece J who, due to finances, is considering doing something risky

In trying to correct my Homer Simpson moment in an above post I had another -- i.e., the prostate issue, while of prayerful concern as noted above, had nothing to do with the delay in my clinical trial. That delay was actually due to my blood platelet levels being low -- this happened once before and was no big problem -- they just waited a week and the levels were fine -- God willing that will be the case this time. [Votive]

[ 25. February 2013, 05:00: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telepath:
Very scared about my many bad habits. My father always used to say, with fear in his eyes, that I was going to hurt myself as much as he had hurt himself in life. The alternative is policing myself one minute at a time. This gets tiring. I am awake writing this when I should be asleep. This is another misuse of my resources. I can't tell if I'm a perfectionist or my own worst enemy, or both [Help]

This may the wrong forum for saying this, but Telepath, you have all my sympathy as well as my prayers. I could have written this myself, though substituting "mother" for "father".

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by FooloftheShip:
quote:
Originally posted by Telepath:
Very scared about my many bad habits. My father always used to say, with fear in his eyes, that I was going to hurt myself as much as he had hurt himself in life. The alternative is policing myself one minute at a time. This gets tiring. I am awake writing this when I should be asleep. This is another misuse of my resources. I can't tell if I'm a perfectionist or my own worst enemy, or both [Help]

This may the wrong forum for saying this, but Telepath, you have all my sympathy as well as my prayers. I could have written this myself, though substituting "mother" for "father".
As the edit window has slammed shut on me, I'm left double-posting to add prayers for all afflicted with undigested self-observation, that time with our Lord in the wilderness may lead us to true knowledge and self-acceptance.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for D and her children, please.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for J, who is suffering from mental exhaustion, spiritual despair, family cruelty and deception, and physical problems. Only prayers and GOD can pull anyone through this mess.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Something else has stopped working for no reason.

I don't know how to fix this, I didn't break it, and there's nobody I can ask for help.

Because of this I'm about to fail at my job. I'm crying and screaming.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(((Telepath)))
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Telepath [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the repose of the soul of J, who died suddenly yesterday. For H his wife, and his neighbours.

[Votive] For work-based decision making.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ye Olde Motherboarde:
Please pray for J, who is suffering from mental exhaustion, spiritual despair, family cruelty and deception, and physical problems. Only prayers and GOD can pull anyone through this mess.

Prayers rising. Please pray for one of my students, in a similar position. The Lord knows the student's name.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Please help me. Work is what I have left in life. It's crowded out absolutely everything else.

If I can't get this task right, I lose the right to earn a living, and with it, even the hope of at some time in the future being able to have a life outside of work.

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all....for peace of mind, and kindness, (to others and to ourselves) and the enfolding and protecting presence of the Holy Spirit.

[Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen [Votive]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Yay! After many hours of debugging, I fixed the problem!!!

...oh no, wait, I didn't. Firebug just gave me a false positive to fake me out. Ha ha!!! Joke's on me!!!! Turns out this is one of those things Firebug routinely does to mess with developers' heads!!!

So it's after one in the morning, and here I am singing "there's a hole in my bucket" all over again.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

...fixed

Praise God, curse Firefox.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It looks very good for my brother's job search, but please keep up the prayers people.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Prayers and upholding please for A, a little boy in hospital in the state capital here with leukemia - he is herself's nephew and is a delightful lad.

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
prayers ascending
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all posting here [Votive]
Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

An update:

I am staying at my parents. I was only supposed to be dog sitting for the week end. However dad was taken ill with a possible heart attack. Thank God we were there!

Any how, dad is recovering but may have angina and mum is terminally ill . So continued prayers and thanks [Ultra confused] for being underemployed and able to stay with them for the week while we await for appointments.

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Stressed, harrassed, anxious beyond words and in desperate need of prayer for our whole family.

Especially for L, whose "routine" medical has shown up some potentially serious problems which need immediate investigation........... [Eek!]

--------------------
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my friend D as he goes through his chemo, please...

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
for D and her children, please.

Amen

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Praying thru [Votive]

Still loads of work to do...

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by FooloftheShip:
]for all afflicted with undigested self-observation, that time with our Lord in the wilderness may lead us to true knowledge and self-acceptance.

Amen. Lord, i'm still on that journey

for Ye Olde Motherboarde's J, Grammatica's student, and all in overwhelming situations

for comet's D and her children

that Jape's J rest in peace, and his wife H and all who mourn have comfort and strength

for strength, success and self-confidence for Telepath

for a successful outcome for Nicolemr's brother's job search

for Welease Woderwick's A and all who care about him

for Midge's dad, mum, and for Midge herself

for comfort and strength for Boadicea Trott's family and especially for L that the detected potential problems may turn out not to serious

for Bene Gesserit's D and all undergoing chemotherapy

in thanksgiving that my platelet levels were back up where they need to be and thus i can continue my chemotherapy. In humble thanksgiving that -- not thru any worthiness on my part -- i've not had any ill effects from my chemotherapy unlike so many many others. And in thanksgiving for having a wonderful team of medical specialists.

Loving God, hear these prayers and thanksgivings offered in the name of the One who promises us "Ask and you shall recieve, seek and you shall find, knock and the door shall be opened."

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's a small thing, I know, compared with what so many people are going though, but if you could spare a prayer for my elderkitty. We've known for some time she was nearing the end of her life, but she's been doing so well - until tonight; she's had several convulsions and is too weak to move. At this point, I fear she'd die on the way to the emergeny vet, and I'd rather she passed at home.

So prayers, please, that she dies peacefully in her sleep. She's been part of our lives for 19 years.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For myself and Hugal, coping with parental health issues, work struggles and big decisions.

I joked to a colleague that I have a perfect work/life balance right now - they both demand 100%. Can't keep this up.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

My appointment with the gastroenterologist (sp?) is tomorrow morning. Please pray for me. I'm so very, very tired of having these symptoms and I'm afraid the specialist won't take me seriously (neurotic middle-aged woman etc). The GP just said 'oh it's IBS' and seemed reluctant to refer me, so I'm really hoping to get someone more understanding than that.

[ 27. February 2013, 06:02: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016