homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 23)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through by name [Votive]

For the repose of the soul of Peter Linnerooth and comfort for all who loved him. Requested by Grammatica. A tragic story [Votive]

Healing for Lamb Chopped's Aunt J and for Lamb Chopped to cope amidst pressing issues [Votive]

For the Inaugural Mass today of Pope Francis [Votive]

For all those still grieving the departure of Pope Benedict XVI and struggling to adjust to sudden change [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

Praying especially that the US Army will start to take mental health issues seriously (thinking of Peter Linnerooth and what he and his buddies went through).

[ 19. March 2013, 06:58: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some people at work were unkind to me on friday in a way that was on the verge of reporting. I decided to report but informally today. Now I'm really anxious. Please pray for resolution and less terror?

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Disaster averted. Still extra work to do, but on my terms.

[Votive] for all.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm sitting in the waiting room waiting to have my latest scan. May the results be as good as they have have been up to now.

Praying for Mrs. Shrew, for Lamb Chopped and her Aunt J, for veterans of the horrors of war and for eternal rest for Peter Linnerooth, for Pope Francis and all affected including emeritus Pope Benedict

for friends D and J who i have not been able to contact by phone which is very unusual

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through, by name.

V., my husband's co-worker, has just been diagnosed with cervical cancer. He told her about this thread, and she asked if I could post here on her behalf - the poor girl is absolutely reeling.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers, both those spoken and those unspoken. For you know our innermost thoughts, and our needs before we do ourselves. comfort those afflicted, heal the sick and injured, bring relief to the poor and struggling, and give rest to the weary.

[Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The UK Government has just passed one nasty bit of legislation to retroactively legalise clauses in unemployment law that were illegal initially...

Please pray that this attempt to put Govt above the law is promptly shitcanned by the Lords...

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Meg the Red:
V., my husband's co-worker, has just been diagnosed with cervical cancer. He told her about this thread, and she asked if I could post here on her behalf - the poor girl is absolutely reeling.

[Votive]

and for anyone else who needs it [Votive]

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I messed up badly at w*rk - stating what was admittedly my honest opinoion but at the wrong time, in the wrong place. Job not at risk, but I've upset one person unnecessarily and hurt another. Apology not accepted.

[Votive] For all here.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr Lamb's blood pressure dangerously high. Help, Lord!

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayed for each person by name.

For the Telemum who has to do something tomorrow that could be hazardous to her health.

For more funding for me pls kthx

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who sleep. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous; and all for your love's sake. Amen.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through by name and need [Votive]

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

I am travellling from the South Coast to Manchester today, so would appreciate your prayers for journeying mercies. Thank you.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My lovely Uncle Ray died on Monday morning after a (thankfully brief) battle with cancer, aged 80. We knew it was coming but still sad.

Prayers welcome. Including for my aunt - they were married for over 55 years so it's going to be quite a shift for her. And whilst we're thankful he didn't suffer for long, he was hale and hearty last summer so it's all been a bit of a quick shock.

And for my dad (his brother-in-law) who had known him for most of his life and who has had a few friends die recently so I think is particularly aware of his own mortality at the moment. (He's 76.)

[Votive]

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the Camelford Community Launderette project in Cornwall, England. For good resolution to payback terms for funding and cash flow... It is our church's mission and outreach to community, nearly there but we need your prayers! Thank you.

[Votive] for all who are in need both here on SoF and throughout Gods's creation.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have read through and am praying.

Malino has surgery tomorrow afternoon to put in grommets to help with his bilateral glue ear which makes him mildly deaf. It has been affecting his speech and language and so his communication and frustration levels. It will be great for him to hear properly.

BUT he is only 2 years 9 months old and it's a general anaesthetic so scary for me.

Please pray his cold is not so bad it prevents the operation tomorrow.

Please pray he is safe and calm and not in too much pain.

Please pray it is effective and we can support him as he adjusts.

Thank you.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for those in places they just don't want to be in

for silent sorrowing

for raging grief

and for the rest of us, with life's trips and bumps

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ethne Alba:
for those in places they just don't want to be in

for silent sorrowing

for raging grief

and for the rest of us, with life's trips and bumps

Amen!

--------------------
God = love.

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Scan results yet, malik?

--------------------
Pondering.

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

quote:
Originally posted by Cara:
Scan results yet, malik?

I'll get the scan results next Tuesday. BTW i was mistaken about the "dueling urologists". The very patient-friendly medical person who was the 2nd person i saw turns out to be, not a doctor, but a medical assistant to the urologist whom i thought was rather dismissive of my concerns. But i believe any possible prostate cancer would not be an expansion of the melanoma, but would be something separate and comparatively less serious. Anyway they appear set on the prostate biopsy after one blood test. I wonder if a 2nd opinion is in order.

Of course i want to do the right thing medically. In the meantime, God surrounds me, and thanks for the prayers. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

[ 20. March 2013, 20:33: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all-around healing for malik3000.

For healing for Malino.

For the Camelford Community Landerette project in Cornwall, for funding issues resolved.

For Yangtze and Aunt Yangtze to be comforted in their loss, and also for Dad Yangtze.

For travelling mercies for Starbug.

Telemum unharmed, so far, thanks for prayers.

For healing for Mr Lamb. For Aunt J. For resolution of the issues that plague the Lambs.

For QLib at work, for reconciliation.

For healing for Meg the Red's V.

For the unemployed of Great Britain.

For Mrs Shrew.

For eternal rest for Peter Linnerooth.

For Pope Francis and all affected.

For malik's friends D and J. (the autocorrect keeps turning your name to "malice", if that ever gets through, it's not a Freudian slip, ok)

For more funding for me, please - soon!

And I keep on spending money, either wilfully or of necessity. Why can't I just get a grip already.

(sigh) have been cultivating one good habit, but while I work to build that one up, I drop about 27 other balls.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My nephew, M, has stayed with me yesterday all night till this morning early, as he has an interview today to get a job. It's not easy when you've just finished and graduated at university - he's had more than one year! [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

For M and all searching for employment [Votive]

For the peaceful and joyous enthronement today of Justin Welby as Archbishop of Canterbury [Votive]

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] for each by name and need

[Votive] for me today to have discernment and not be confused/overwhelmed mentally by how i should deal with the latest medical developments suddenly dumped in my lap, and to deal with the only one of my several doctors who seems remote and not caring (my impression may be wrong -- and my other medical folks are great) and that, please God, i can still plan for a future of whatever length as an all-around healthily functioning human

[Votive] That i keep my perspective -- after all i feel 100% physically healthy a year and 4 months after my original diagnosis -- which so many in a similar situation cannot say

[Votive] for the abovementioned in a similar situation who are suffering in a way that i am not

[Votive] That, since i've been so physically blessed, i get off my arse and start making productive use of the gifts with which God has blessed me.

[Votive] for a friend D, who has suddenly disappeared off the radar and has not responded to any phone calls, voice or text messages for the last 3 days, which is very unlike him

[ 21. March 2013, 13:52: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am gutted.
I have been working temporarily in a school where I seemed to be well appreciated by colleagues and children alike, seemed to be making a positive difference, put lots of extra hours and effort in, and felt very much that I wanted to work there. But in trying to get them to be a little more specific about how long they envisaged the role lasting, even in the short term, I would seem to have pushed them into saying "As you can't cope with the uncertainty then we've decided not to employ you any longer". So from seeming to be settled in somewhere that felt like it was where God wanted me to be, I suddenly find myself frantically trying to find employment so I've got an income after the Easter holidays (for which I'm now not being paid, of course). I haven't even got time to lick my wounds.

Please pray for wisdom for me, and for the a chance of some security. I'm feeling a bit tired of living an "interesting" life.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

for Smudgie -- how unjust! -- prayers for quick employment at a place where they treat workers with respect

for employment for daisymay's M

for more funding for Telepath and that she not be overwhelmed by financial and other problems

for Malino's ear to be healed/corrected with minimal pain

for Yangtze's Uncle Ray -- may he rest in peace and rise in glory -- and for comfort, strength and healing for his wife, and Yangtze's father and all who miss Uncle Ray

for a good resolution to QLib's work situation

that economic and political powers will become fair and just to all who are working for a living

for Mr. Lamb that the blood pressure situation will quickly get better

for Archbishop Justin Welby as he is enthroned today

for our non-human fellow animals, and that Pope Francis may prove to be a force for good in this area as he appears to be in some other areas

for everyone posting here and for all unexpressed needs

[ 21. March 2013, 16:08: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for the person who keeps breaking into my parish and damaging stuff - may they come to see the error of their mistake and KNOCK IT OFF.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Smudgie

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all, but specailly Malik and Smudgie.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen. [Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all of you, [Votive]

And before too much time has passed, a special recognition for this:

quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
quote:
through a bizarre set of circumstances, some but not all my own fault,
correction - entirely my own fault. It transpires that there was a minor typo in the date on the prepared materials and I, seeing they were dated 2012, dumped the lot into the recycling three weeks ago. [Hot and Hormonal] [brick wall]

quote:
I haven't the faintest idea of the topic, other than that it's "New Testament"
It was Joshua.

Thank you, North East Quine. In a thread that tends to fill me with sorrow, a post that caused me to truly laugh out loud was a wonderfully unexpected gift. May the Lord shower His blessings on you!

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through [Votive]

Smudgie [Votive] & [Mad]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all tonight...the worried, those with no words, those with no faith...calm us Lord, as you calmed the storm.

And for me, please, a private intention.

[Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've heard that I have come first in the bidding for a home. However, they need to check whether I fulfill all the criteria [Frown]

If I do, then I should hear from housing very soon. Please pray that I will get the place and it is suitable for me, and if not, a nicer place will become available

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

(((((malik3000)))))

(((((Smudgie)))))

(((((Nanny Ogg)))))

All my usual concerns, kthx

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the living, loving Light

[Votive]

...and especially today for a young lad we know who, in his usual rather lackadaisical fashion, mis-copied his exam timetable, missed an exam and will probably have to repeat his entire 8th Standard next year. What he is most worried about is telling his mother!

[Snigger]

Silly boy!

--------------------

PaulBC
Shipmate
# 13712

- Posted      Profile for PaulBC         Edit/delete post 
I am asking that shipmates pray for the Diocese of British Columbia (Anglican Church of
Canada) Our bishop is retiring at the end of August so we will have to seek an replacement.
Pray God will give us wisdom & lead us to thr right person. Yes in Canada we have female bishops . Thanks all [Votive] [Votive] [Angel] [Smile]

--------------------
"He has told you O mortal,what is good;and what does the Lord require of youbut to do justice and to love kindness ,and to walk humbly with your God."Micah 6:8

Posts: 873 | From: Victoria B.C. Canada | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Magician left me today. He was on his way to his parents's house when I texted him. It's for the best in the long haul, but right it hurts. I'll be okay. Just could use those prayers right now. Night.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016