homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 24)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
oh duch! [Votive]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
i needed to see that thx comet i know people pray and care that helps a lot in the middle of the night.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a really important meeting today in which I need to make a compelling case for action affecting the church at large. Your prayers appreciated a) that my flights work b) the meeting works.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(((duchess)))
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all who have posted this week with thanks for answered prayers and more prayers for those still waiting in faith [Votive]

For Paul BC, that the Anglican Church of Canada might be guided to find the right person to be a new bishop [Votive]

Special prayers for duchess at this time [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Missed someone -- prayer that Eutychus' meeting goes well [Votive]

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Read and prayed.

Malino enjoyed his day at hospital, wasn't in pain at all and the op went as planned. Groggy and grumpy after general anaesthetic but playing like normal within an hour of waking.

Back in 6 weeks to see if the hearing has improved.

Many thanks for the prayers.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Melangell
Shipmate
# 4023

- Posted      Profile for Melangell   Email Melangell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
I am gutted.

So sorry, Smudgie; prayers ascending for you and for all others in need. Melangell

--------------------
Gwnewch y pethau bychein (Dewi Sant)
Do the little things (Saint David)

Posts: 367 | From: A bit of Wales in Surrey | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all [Votive]

especially victims of injustice in whatever form that takes [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

Hoping for peace and joy for all of us. [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For daisymay's nephew.

For Smudgie, for employment before Easter.

For Malino's ear, for healing.

For Yangtze and her Uncle Ray.

For QLib's work situation to be resolved.

For healing for Mr Lamb and resolution of all the other issues.

For Archbishop Justin Welby.

For Pope Francis.

For the breaker of stuff in Spiffy's parish to repent.

For malik3000, for healing.

For St Everild's private intention.

For a suitable home for Nanny Ogg.

For the kid who missed his exam.

For the Diocese of British Columbia, for the right new bishop.

For duchess as she copes with the loss of the Magician.

For Eutychus to be appropriately persuasive.

For the Telemum.

For project success and further funding for me please… I really like the job I'm in now.

For that pesky Finance Monster to stop chewing holes in my fences. For good habit forming generally.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for your prayers. Things may be easing slightly.

For all facing unwelcome change and instability [Votive]

And for all stuck in unhappy stability [Votive]

Health, Homes, Jobs. [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
JB's boss had an eye operation today with the doctor who did both my eye operations, so I am confident that everything went perfectly. So thank you, Jesus, for repairing his eyes. \0/

Also, a family member has lost their job this week. [Tear] It is going to be hard for the family for a while, but I also know that a new job will be found in the near future and that God has a new life for them to do elsewhere. So thank you, Jesus, for that too. \0/

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
update on my friends in various states of disrepair. K is awake... ish. he's out of the coma but not really lucid yet. he is still in ICU and we have no idea how much brain damage may have happened yet. his father flew in last night, so yay he has family nearby which is good.

D is also in ICU (we need a wing down there!) after initially looking like the luckiest guy alive to have been run over and escape unscathed - turns out he was scathed after all. internal bleeding from various organs, not yet stabilized. scary stuff.

also - a local woman who just recently survived a double mastectomy had a massive stroke and is apparently essentially waiting to die. She is someone I had words with many times over her behavior - I was not in the wrong nor was I over the top about it - but I still have a wee bit of guilt over the whole thing.

and now a former co-worker of mine from my radio days appears to have lost the plot and I've been having to help his daughter get him checked out and maybe committed. not fun.

no one else is allowed to get hurt or sick!

praying through, always.

PS - another current co-worker is now being checked for MS. if he gets a diagnosis, that makes 4 of us at a business that employs about 20. think there might be something going on there? just maybe? [Eek!] prayers for him, too, please.

[ 23. March 2013, 02:18: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all praying here by name and need

[Votive] for needs not able to be articulated

[Votive] in thanksgiving for all the prayers offered for me

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Duchess, I am so sorry. Healing prayers ascending for you.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Duch, you are much loved. [Votive]

[ 23. March 2013, 03:33: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

Following advice from his Big Cousin and Hero [my friend M] S told his mum [dad died some years ago] about the missed exam before anyone else had the chance. I had an SMS last night from M to say that S had survived the experience. I think S stayed at M's house last night.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Duchess

For all suffering in body, mind or spirit

For those anxious about friends or family

And prayers too for the repose of the soul of Lucy Meadows, who appears to have died at her own hands following media hounding, and for all those who are scared that this may happen to them.

Lord, have mercy.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Small in the overall scheme of things but would you pray for wisdom for my church. Tomorrow we are supposed to be holding a leaving do for our minister (she will be our last, this is not the problem). It was going to be a big do.

However the weather means that people will find it hard to get, what is more I think the caterers will find it hard to provide (that is I suspect it is outside catering and I suspect someone from church has to collect, not all roads are passable).

Mid day today the relevant people have to make a decision. Please pray wisdom for them and that they make the right decision.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all here.

[Votive] For those who have recently died, and for their families.

Lord, may your presence be known and your kingdom be grown.

Amen.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

Praying through by name [Votive]

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks. Both the flights and the meeting worked [Smile]

[ 23. March 2013, 14:13: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying through, especially for duchess, and for comet and her friends.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
Duchess, I am so sorry. Healing prayers ascending for you.

[Votive] Amen

--------------------
God = love.

Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all by name.

Urgent prayers for Smudgie's job situation.

Usual concerns for me pls kthx

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Had a fight with my daughter. Prayers please.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying

On a minor note - we are considering getting another rescue cat. Wisdom appreciated for the right choice that will be happy with preschoolers and become friends with our current tabby fluffball.

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just to say thanks for those who prayed for my church today, the service and meal went ahead and were well attended.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Nicolemr and Daughtermr.

For Malin Félin.

For Jengie Jon's church.

For funding for two things: continued employment and that other thing which, as a foolish and vain human, I have hung my entire self-worth upon.

For Visiting Cat who came in soaking wet and covered in blood on one side of his face. He allowed the Telemum to offer him his own special new blanket, he ate heartily but not ravenously (so not so worried about his thyroid now) and he decided against going back outside in favour of sleeping on his own blanket some more. For such a fraidy cat, he is doing better psychologically, but his poor bloody ear. I'm so worried about the little guy.

--------------------

Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Horrible at time management, not living up to my responsibilities to God or my fellow human beings. Need help with this area. Thank you, Lord, for your blessings received.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Churchy LaFemme
Shipmate
# 11884

- Posted      Profile for Churchy LaFemme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Difficult situation here. Let me be kind.

--------------------
Bear and forbear (for a total of five bears).

Posts: 147 | From: Facing the sun | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

Praying through since my last visit [Votive]

For Nicolemr and her daughter [Votive]

For Malin to find the perfect rescue cat who will respond well to pre-schoolers and befriend Fluffball [Votive]

Help for Grammatica with time management and responsibilities [Votive]

That ChurchyLaFemme might be kind in a difficult situation [Votive]

Prayers for those of us seeking metanoia in Holy Week [Votive]

--------------------
― Muriel Spark

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

For all

For Telepath -- funding for continued employment and for her other request and that she may knowhow much worth she has

For Visiting Cat - safety, and knowing he is secure

For Jemgie Jon's church family

For discernment for Malin and family as they make the right choice of another feline family member

For Nicolemr, her daughter, and her brother

For Duchess

For Smudgie

I'm sitting in the exam room right now waiting to hear the results of last week's scans (i mistakenly thought i'd get those results last week due to my own confusion over my schedule) They've been good so far, just the same tidbits on my lung with no increase over the last year. May that still be the case, or even better, may they be totally gone. Tomorrow i have my urologist appt, may that go better than i'm worried it might (not as serious as the melanoma but more worrisome to me at the moment due to that situation's uncertainty incl. the likelihood of a biopsy -- ouch? -- and the possibility of surgery)

For my ADHD-addled brain to get it together to go through the complicated (for me) process required to get a car -- though much needed, i keep putting it off.

For me to find a $300 tax refund check that i have lost -- hopefully misplaced somewhere around my apartment and not thrown away.

For a blessed Holy Week and Easter for all who are participating in that observance

[ 25. March 2013, 15:15: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Upholding please for my friend J, working in Angola and desperately unhappy - the team he is with this time is an unhappy grouping with an aggressive boss who appears out of his depth - he only has a few weeks left of this contract but is getting increasingly despondent.

Thanks.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord in your mercy hear our prayers. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016