homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 28)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying for all by name

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our little baby girl, A, is still ill and they are worried about bringing her to Blairgowrie from Edinburgh, where I've got a hotel paid for them with me. I really wish, God that you make her well, [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Your prayers, please, for my special friend S and her family as they come to terms with the newly diagnosed illness and impending loss (at a relatively early age) or her dad.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Healing for daisymay's little girl A

For Smudgie's friend S and her family, especially S's dad

[Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I heard this morning from the housing people and got asked more questions, most of which I have already answered on forms. Now they have to get things approved and if that's the case I should hear something this afternoon.

The main problem is that the place is not ready until 14th April but my housing officer will contact my landlady and ask if it is OK for me to stay here until then. As she will have to get a court order to officially evict me even if she says "no" I should stay put.

The wheels of bureaucracy run very slowly...

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for everybody who has posted in the last few days. [Votive]

--------------------
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all needs above.

Please keep L and her family in your prayers. She was in a car wreck and broke her back. They have no medical insurance, and her husband was out of work so she was only breadwinner in the family.

Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Silly prayer request perhaps: our heating died this morning, the caretaker did what he could. (ETA: No, it wasn't his fault - I meant, he did all he could to help! [Razz] ) However, the heating maintenance peeps were informed too late, so they can only get and install a new pump on Monday - which means a weekend with no heating at all, and outside temps plummeting to near freezing.

I'd appreciate your prayers that I could get enough electric heaters to keep me going until Monday. Luckily, the power works and the warm water boiler is electric, so at least that's not a problem. The landlord will have to reimburse the extra 'letricks.

Note: I'm beginning to understand people who cannot afford heating - this must be absolutely terrifying. At least we're bound to get that back on Monday - or so we hope.

Many thanks!

[Votive] for all

[ 05. April 2013, 18:16: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my friend K - she is happy in her second marriage and her 6 year old son B regards his stepfather as his dad - his real father is a "scary man" who hit them both. B's dad now wants access, and K will be going to court Monday and Tuesday, She's dreading it and has asked for prayer. I told her that I would ask some mighty prayer warriors to add their prayers to mine.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Game. Set. Match. to the bullies at work. So sad.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So many needs, praying for you all. [Votive] For jobs, housing, relationships and health or comfort for those who are suffering.

Seen Mum who is feeling much worse and Dad who is getting worn out [Frown]

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For daisymay's little girl A, for healing.

For Graven Image's L, for healing.

For lily pad, against the bullies at work. In the same vein, for Lamb Chopped. Also for Starbug's N, and that management would repent of that one.

For The Midge's parents.

For Nanny Ogg's housing to be sorted out sharpish.

For Smudgie's S.

For St Gwladys' K, for the bio-dad of B to be kept away from him.

For Wesley J's heating.

For K's nosey colleague not to disrupt K's very important opportunity.

Continued employment for me, please, also good habit building and security against the Finance Monster.

For the Telemum.

For T. To get the job.

For my side-project to be funded.

For my heart's desire.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] fo r all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For T., M., And J.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
North East Quine and a few others will know the difference between "Nae affa weel" and "Affa nae weel". In a few weeks I'll have surgery that should take out a lot of cancerous stuff and get me back to the former state, and then maybe even better. Meanwhile I pray that my wife's incredible strength will not fail her; I pray to keep my sense of humour intact; I pray for the surgeon who will clean up my body's toxic waste sites. But mostly, I pray for peace in the hearts of all who must deal with this, whatever the outcome.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mrs Sioni's 15 year old neice was attacked a few days ago when she was walking her dog. It was broad daylight when this man who had been following her, grabbed her and threw her to the ground. Fortunately she kicked, scratched and screamed, and then the dog (small but brave and loyal) joined in, so the man ran off.

She is physically OK and like the whole village relieved that the police have apprehended "a suspect", but it's the emotional trauma that will take some healing. [Votive]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

quote:
Originally posted by Telepath:
For Wesley J's heating.

Warm thanks from me - all has worked out well: I got several heaters from the most improbable sources. Thaw-nk you all!

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] for the many needs posted here, and those not posted, yet whispered in silent hope and longing love.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Kelly Alves' T, M, and J.

For Stercus Tauri, for healing, and for upholding for Mrs Tauri.

For Sioni's niece-in-law, and for repentance from her attacker.

For R.

For N.

For continued employment and good habits for me etc etc

In thanks for heating from improbable sources.

I have found inspiration, hope it comes without expiration.

--------------------

Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for y son Matt, that he may make the right decision for both himself and his family

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all. [Votive]

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying for everyone posting here.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for our friends R & H - H is in hospital having been diagnosed as having stomach and colon cancer.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continuing prayers for my 84 year old mother, Rena. She is back home (assisted living) with my step-father, Paul. She is able to walk with minimal assistance, and can feed herself with some prompting. Prayers also for my sister, Mary and other family members who are helping look after mom.

I also ask your prayers as we continue dealing with some financial issues. Things are very tight right now. Thank goodness the landlord is patient-ish.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers please for future happiness, for E & G newly wed yesterday.

Also for L, for a loss of faith.

Prayers for all mentioned above. [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For ArachnidinElmet's E and G, for their marriage, and for restoration of L's faith.

For Campbellite's mother Rena, father Paul, and sister Mary, and for the Campbellite family finances.

For Matt Kitten, for wisdom.

For St Gwladys' H, for healing, and for R.

For funding for continued employment, and also for my side project.

For my long standing ambition and my heart's desire.

For good habit forming and banning of the Finance Monster.

For K. And another K.

For the Telemum.

[ 07. April 2013, 21:17: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Catching up and praying through all the requests posted [Votive]

Lord, it seems that the people nearest my heart are furthest away physically, so I pray for them all: for M&D, J&G, A&M&S&A, S, H, A&H, R&C, M, P. [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the loving, living Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Yom HaShoah [Votive]

The world must never forget this evil done.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

My colonoscopy, which was a very long way off, is suddenly now next Monday (15th) and I am scared. Your prayers would very much be appreciated. (sidenote: If this is being fast-tracked by the NHS, how long does the slow train take?)

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for your prayers at what has been and still is a difficult time for me.

I have been given a 2 bedroom bungalow through the housing trust. I'm waiting for them to phone me and inform me of the next stage of the procedure.

Because it is 2 bedroom I will have to pay the "bedroom tax" but having spoken to someone from the Housing trust on Friday it is no more than I have to find to live in this 1 bedroom place.

Please pray for patience as I wait to hear officially and sign relevant papers. Also pray for me as I try to sort out utilities and housing benefit/council tax.

I'd also appreciate a small prayer for funds to be able to buy essentials such as a cooker, washing machine, carpets and furniture and/or transport to pick up such things from Freecycle and similar sites as well a pay for a "man with a van" to move my stuff.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ongoing prayers needed for a permanent job with benefits for Z in education: she could probably go back to banking, but she'd hate it! I am getting less work this month: school days off, short shifts in the theatre: this is not good!

[Votive]

Going to daily Mass soon if I have no teaching gig today...

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Sir Kevin & for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is small in the spectrum of things this thread covers but can I ask for prayers for the following.

I have just sent off a video to strangers who I am having to ask a favour of. I would really like them to handle the material in a way that brings positive results. I really need to trust them to do this.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all here and otherwise for ongoing job and life 'stuff'. [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

MadCat and all the letters of the alphabet, Sir Kevin and Zeke, Nanny Ogg, ArachnidinElmet, Starbug, Jengie Jon.

Really would like good news about funding, kthx, especially after all the effort put in on my behalf, would like to do these people proud.

For the Telemum. She is having knee trouble again but doesn't ever think anything is worth looking for medical help over.

[ 08. April 2013, 22:17: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a friend, a brilliant artist with an inoperable cancer who has three to five years to live at best, and for her husband, and her friends.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Churchy LaFemme
Shipmate
# 11884

- Posted      Profile for Churchy LaFemme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all here

I've had a big disappointment lately and I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. Classes are starting and I have to be upbeat all the time so I ask your prayers please.

--------------------
Bear and forbear (for a total of five bears).

Posts: 147 | From: Facing the sun | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016