homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 34)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Nanny Ogg's neighbour, malik3000 & J.

There could be a bit of tension building up between project management (where I actually work) and my line manager. Pray the latter eases off on the micro-management, as our project doesn't need obstacles.

Please pray also for S and her parents who are in a difficult place at the moment.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
praying through........
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
malik3000, melanoma be gone! [Votive] Prostate cancer be gone! [Votive]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Still trying to get a subcomponent of my work project done. It turns out that this isn't even a solved problem and I might have to be the first person in the world to figure it out. It's a project in itself. I don't know how I'll get everything done.

Generally, I'm tired of living in fear about my work. I don't understand why it has to be this difficult, all the time. I guess the answer is that that's one of the things I still have to improve about myself.

Sooner or later the Telemum will die and I will be a single person with no family, no partner, and no geographically close friends. I spend every waking moment trying to prepare for that. It's exhausting. I can never do enough.

I should be dragging myself out on online dates or whatever, but I don't have the time or money and I don't have the discipline to force myself through such an unrewarding process.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telepath:
It turns out that this isn't even a solved problem and I might have to be the first person in the world to figure it out. It's a project in itself.

But that's amazing! Most people never get that chance. Go for it.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Yeah, mm maybe...

I do also have this thing where bad luck becomes good... [Killing me]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
malik3000, melanoma be gone! [Votive] Prostate cancer be gone! [Votive]

Amen and Amen! And a hug too (((malik3000)))

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Emergency prayers for one of my nephews. Several years ago, his older brother shot himself and his girlfriend,and the shock waves till reverberate. It's around the time of Older Neph's birthday. Younger brother is posting strange stuff on FB.

Prayers for the repose of E, and comfort and peace to Nephs J. and C, that they stop torturing themselves about what they might have done/ should have done/ didn't do.

That E may rest peacefully in the love of the One who created him; and that J and C may come (quickly, please) to know the peace that passes all understanding: Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

[Votive] for all who post or pray here

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]
Seems a big list but not to big a list for God!

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all.

Special prayers for Malik and Telepath-- who, through their own troubles are such faithful prayer warriors for us.

(Update on Neph-- fortunately he was surrounded by caring folk almost immediately after he began posting weird stuff on FB. He seems to have rode it out. Thanks for the prayers-- this tragedy has been eating away at this family for way too long.)

[ 27. April 2013, 18:39: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Starbug's in-tray.

For Kelly Alves' J and C, for peace of mind. May E. rest in peace.

For Nanny Ogg's neighbour D and the family.

For malik3000, melanoma be gone! pesky prostate cancer be gone! spots on liver, don't be anywhere, and certainly don't be up to no good.

For Stercus Tauri.

For daisymay and the Indian Jesus get-together.

For Cottontail's J, for peace and a safe journey home.

For peace at Sioni's workplace. For S and her parents.

For success of my project at work (and maybe a paper about this thing that is causing me so much wangst right now, hmmm?) And continued employment with each post being better than the last, oh yeah. Seriously I would love to think that the I'll continue to be blessed as I have been so far.

For my side-project to be funded.

This might sound petty but it has a really big effect on my life. I have followed a good habit 72 days in a row now, and when I reach 75 days I will add another hait. This next one is complex though! I just really need to get a grip on certain things.

Oh and. I have a really nasty cold which has dragged on for a week and which is getting me down. I hope it's not complicating into a sinus infection or something. Anyway. Respiratory infection be gone. kthx.

For the Telemum.

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.

[Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For P, a friend who is finally going for some tests.

Nothing serious, but as something Can be done the quality of life should be so much better.

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
........Sooner or later the Telemum will die and I will be a single person with no family, no partner, and no geographically close friends. I spend every waking moment trying to prepare for that. It's exhausting. I can never do enough.

I should be dragging myself out on online dates or whatever, but I don't have the time or money and I don't have the discipline to force myself through such an unrewarding process.

I hear ya, and am praying for ya [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my daughter C and her husband (also C). I don't know what is going on but we suspect that son-in-law C may be suffering from a mental illness (bipolar? depression??) but is refusing help. Things are very difficult for my daughter at the moment.

[Votive] for them and for all who post here.

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

and we had a good time at the "India Church", with good food I warned up and tea and coffee and excellent hymns and preacher. And many others helped me! [Biased]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Ethne Alba's P, for healing.

(Thanks Mad Cat.)

For Pine Marten's C-in-law, for healing, and for support for C.

For continued success of the "India Church".

Yay for my redeployment meeting tomorrow.

For success of my project at work, and some publications sent out before this project is up. For continued employment, ideally in the same place or at least institution. For good habit forming.

For funding of my side project.

For the Telemum.

For the new next-door neighbours.

--------------------

harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who post here, for all who hope and pray.

For the dead, injured and grieving in the collapsed building in Dhaka.

For my parents and my mother in particular - they are so furious with my calling to ordination trainiing for so long now that I fear things may never be repaired between us and I am very sad.

[Votive] lord have mercy.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For everyone here who is asking our prayers. For the dead, injured, and grieving in Dhaka. For reconciliation in Harmony Hope's family. For Telepath's loneliness and her miserable respiratory infection -- and for mine -- and for better health for anyone else who has one of these fershlugginer things. For Malik, and for Sioni Sals' S, and his workplace; for everyone my thick head is failing to remember, may God remember them, may God comfort all of us.

[ 29. April 2013, 00:42: Message edited by: Grammatica ]

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name.

May we each have peace and sstrength through this day.

It'sa very small thing really but I have the parents meeting for my Brownie holiday tonight. I have done one before but that was with my old pack and so I am very nervous.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Back again and catching up, praying for each by name and request [Votive]

A special thought for harmony hope on the feast of Catherine of Siena who also suffered misunderstandings and estrangement with family when she was called by God [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who post here.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name.

May we each have peace and sstrength through this day.

It'sa very small thing really but I have the parents meeting for my Brownie holiday tonight. I have done one before but that was with my old pack and so I am very nervous.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the dead, injured and grieving in the disaster in Dhaka, and for all the many others in Bangladesh and elsewhere who have to work for a pittance in dehumanizing and dangerous conditions

for harmony hope and her mother and father, for a spirit of reconciliation -- and for blessings on harmony hope's vocational journey

for Mrs Shrew's parents meeting

For Pine Marten's son-in-law in his distress, and for her daughter in dealing with it. For healing.

for happiness for Telepath, for strength and success in her present project, for continuance in work that is fulfilling and remunerative, and for funding for the side project, for confidence. For the Telemum, health and happiness, For her new neighbours. For Visiting Cat to feel content, secure and happy.

For companion animals and the humans who love them. For all animals affected by interaction with the human world. For abused, neglected and abandoned animals, for animals in painful exploitative situations living torturous lives. For animals being slaughtered for human greed, (and for humans who feel they need to be caught up in the process due to themselves being exploited by forces of greed), or killed for sick "entertainment".

For each person here asking for prayer, by name and need. For all unexpressed and unrealised needs.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

[ 29. April 2013, 12:04: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Amen [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks everyone. A good day at work! There was an email waiting for me this morning but it put the ball in our court, so I got on with my job.

[Votive] still for S and her parents, no update.

Prayers for all of you, your friends and all of those for whom prayers are offered.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for my son in his job hunt. he didn't get the one he went for last week, but had an interview today for something he'd really like. I'm getting depressed on his behalf (I'm pretty sure he won't get today's job), but he's being very laid back and cheerful about it all!

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another cold? Really?? Please pray that it doesn't take hold too firmly. Not great to be on my feet teaching and with a rehearsal weekend coming up. [Waterworks]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

[Votive] prayed for each by name.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

Please pray for my colleague, M, whose mother died at the weekend; and for R, who has also suffered a bereavement. Oh Lord, surround them with Your love and care at this sad time and may all the funeral arrangements go smoothly.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

I have to do a thing right today. TODAY.

Could I please get it done fast? I want to watch telly or catch frogs or something. Anything but sit here till the moon comes out, trying to get a thing right. [brick wall]

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr Lamb has diabetes. And high blood pressure. And my mother is in bad shape. The stress, we hates it, my precious.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My beloved bible teacher has a blood clot and it is only a matter of time that she goes home to heaven.
Please keep the family in prayer and all those in her bible class.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

[Votive]
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For the dead, injured and grieving in the collapsed building in Dhaka. For exploited workers in Bangladesh and elsewhere.

For harmony hope's parents, and mother in particular, for reconciliation.

For healing for Grammatica.

For malik3000, melanoma et al be gone!

For Sioni's S and her parents, and for his workplace.

For a successful meeting for Mrs Shrew.

For Pine Marten's son-in-law in his distress, and for her daughter in dealing with it. For healing.

(and thanks malik)

For a great job for Gussie's son.

For Mad Cat, for healing.

For Starbug's M and R to be comforted in their losses. May all go smoothly.

For healing for Mr Lamb and Mother Lamb. For stress relief.

For Ye Olde Motherboarde's bible teacher, her family, and all those in her bible class.

New Good Habit starts tomorrow. This is a complex one!

Against the Finance Monster.

Usual job- and project-related hooha for me, thanks. I fixed a thing. I apparently need to produce something dazzling by the end of the week though.

For the Telemum.

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One of my dear friends, P, let me know today that she's been diagnosed with epilepsy. She has asked for prayers and I hope you wonderful prayer warriors will pray on her behalf. She just lost her job in January, and suffers with heart problems and fibromyalgia.

She has a sweet spirit and has been helpful to so many people. My heart hurts for her.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

Please keep praying for my brother T. There may be a small upturn in his situation, please pray that good things come from it.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Please pray for M, as he and his siblings try to put together their mum's funeral ready for Friday - they don't all live in the same part of the UK, so lots of driving is involved. They didn't want a Christian funeral as mum wasn't 'religious', but it has to be held in a church because the crematorium's chapel is closed; they are struggling with this as well.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016