homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 37)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Quakercub (longtime Shipmates may remember him) who is dealing with some scary health issues. And for ChastMastr as he supports and cares for him.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Had a wonderful "Home going" celebration for my bible teacher yesterday. The family is sad, but joyous that their sweet mother, grandmother and great grandmother is free from pain at last. Please keep the family and our church in prayer, because we are going to miss her so much.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For balaam, for healing.

For Ethne Alba's F.

For Golden Key, for healing of body and Internet.

For Niteowl and Mother Owl.

For piglet's J [Mad]

For QuakerCub and ChastMastr.

For Starbug's concerns.

For Ye Olde Motherboarde and for all who mourn and weep.

For K. And her mother.

Usual job concerns for me please.

For S. and her mother.

For resolution of a conflict with someone who keeps pulling the football away [Mad]

[ 09. May 2013, 21:49: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jillyb
Shipmate
# 4610

- Posted      Profile for Jillyb   Email Jillyb   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers asked for my nephew Kyle,7yrs old and very poorly in hospital with menengitis. thankyou

--------------------
I don't do posh!

Posts: 1034 | From: Londinium | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Welcome back, jilly! [Yipee]

[Votive] for Kyle
[Votive] for all

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the loving, living Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.

Asking continued prayers for my brother's job search, and for me as I have to do something tomorrow I really don't want to do.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all, especially the shipmates Quakercub and ChastMastr [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have to go to war with my son's school tomorrow. I have six years of pent up fury with a few of the teachers. Please pray I keep my head so they actually HEAR me and dont write me off for being angry. I'm deeply, powerfully, iron-bendingly angry.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What time's the meeting?

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
8:30 am my time, so 9:30 your time.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On it.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
comet - make notes, take them with you - it helps me when I do that and it often means I don't miss things out.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Feeling overwhelmed and discouraged today [Waterworks]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
((( Telepath )))

[Axe murder] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
I have to go to war with my son's school tomorrow. I have six years of pent up fury with a few of the teachers. Please pray I keep my head so they actually HEAR me and dont write me off for being angry. I'm deeply, powerfully, iron-bendingly angry.

That went remarkably well. They knew I was coming in angry and had a whole plan set up to fix things. I never had a chance to air my grievances, but that can happen later. They are bending over backwards to fix this. So no dragon lady roaring for me, today. I almost feel cheated. [Biased] thanks so much for the prayers- now we just need chasee to meet his part of the bargain. C'mon kid! Second chances are golden!

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Bitterly disappointed at the way someone has treated me. Feel like life's struggles are too big for me to win. I don't know what I need but Lord could You please supply it stat?

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

Oh Telepath! *hughughug* other people are eternally disappointing. Dont let it stop you. You deserve success ań happiness and the assholes deserve to be shown the door. I believe in you!

On the HALLELUJAH front: chasee's grade in the rotten teacher's class was re-evaluated by the principal and he's been given a passing grade! WHEW!

(lesson to take home- never give up. Never let bitter assholes mess up your life. Battle for what is worth it and walk away when it isnt)

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through, for each by name. [Votive]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all, especially Quakercub and Telepath.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(((Telepath)))

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continued prayers needed for my wife Z and her continued teaching job quest. She has a real chance at being an adjunct university professor, but needs a full-time day job!

[Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could use prayers for me and mine, please, don't want to go into details.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the repose of the soul of Baloo (God will know which one), my cub leader, who died yesterday aged 93. In war and peace, he worked hard all his life, never forgetting to serve and help people of all ages. My scouting role model and always my friend. [Tear]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For guidance as to how to respond powerfully to something

--------------------

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
F~ all is resolved. Thank you Lord.
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name, especially quakercub and chastmstr.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For comet (and btw thanks! I needed that) and for chasee and all concerned to make good on this.

For JillyB's Kyle.

For M.

For Brothermr's job search and for the unwelcome task to have come out all right.

For the repose of the soul of Baloo.

For QuakerCub and ChastMastr.

For Sir Kevin, and for a full time job for Zeke.

For continuous and wonderful employment for me. Ultra important. (To me, I mean, not cosmically)

For a publication submitted before the end of my contract. Ultra ultra important. (To me, etc)

For the Telemum's neck operation this week. Ultra ultra ultra important. (Cosmically)

Still feeling like a colossal chump, rube, and fall guy in light of a formerly trusted person's treatment of me. I pray that I can count on them not to screw me over in unexpected ways, or in expected ways come to that. I also don't want to say or do anything that will make me less powerful in the long run.

And more generally - as of THIS MINUTE I want to build up enough personal power that NO-ONE will EVER think they can treat me like that again. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

[ 11. May 2013, 21:06: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all.

Could also use some prayers for me, please. Feel as though I have let people down and as though it is All My Fault Again. Which it isn't entirely, but...Thx

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have my mother back at home, incredibly frail and much more confused. Please pray the new medicines work and for me as I care for her.

Have been reading and praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all [Votive]

Lots of stuff happening in my life this week and I'm getting quite anxious about dealing with it all. They're all relatively trivial things and some are good rather than bad, but I'm not good at handling more than one thing at once. Prayers would be very much appreciated.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Year Six children in England with SATs this week. (10/11 year olds undergoing standardised tests in school.) Especially for B and for S, both of whom are stressing about it tonight.

[Votive] For D, for continued miraculous improvements in health.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So minor in the scheme of things, but I'd really love some prayers for energy and focus this week. I have some marking, some of my own studying as well as my day job, also some practical stuff to sort out; once the marking is out of the way I will feel so much more equipped to do everything else but I'm currently at the overwhelmed and wading through treacle just thinking about it all stage.

I also need to have a conversation with someone at work this week which should be OK but will be on my mind until it happens; prayers that what I need to say comes out right would be great [Smile]

Finally I'd really appreciate prayers for my parents. I chatted with them earlier today; they are in the middle of a nasty dispute with their neighbours which at one point led to my dad calling the police. My mum in particular is really upset and I'm worried about them both. They are doing all the right things, but it's still a horrible situation to be in.

Thank you so much.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
Oh Telepath! *hughughug* other people are eternally disappointing. Dont let it stop you. You deserve success ań happiness and the assholes deserve to be shown the door. I believe in you!

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! And adding my *hugs* -- and may you have success in your important projects and work -- and may Telemum's neck surgery go well.
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A good friend is currently in hospital with bad chest pains that came on unexpectedly on Saturday, and the doctors are running tests on him. He has some other long-standing problems with something like a frozen shoulder (the doctors weren't sure exactly) and is probably feeling pretty miserable. I know his wife will be worried.

Please keep both of them in your prayers - healing for him so that he can do the things he used to be able to do would be wonderful.

Thank you,

And for all your concerns [Votive]

Huntress
Shipmate
# 2595

- Posted      Profile for Huntress   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all [Votive]

For St Everild
For Niteowl and Mother of Niteowl
For Abigail
For B,S and D.
For Jack the Lass and parents (prayers and empathy from a similar experience)
For Ariel's friend and his wife.

Some friends and their family are carrying a very heavy, long-term cross, prayers are desperately needed please. [Votive]

--------------------
The Amazing Chronoscope

Posts: 431 | From: Lancashire / Nottingham | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

[Votive] (((Niteowl)))

Ariel, Jack the Lass, all

--------------------

Huntress
Shipmate
# 2595

- Posted      Profile for Huntress   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
((Telepath)) [Votive]

--------------------
The Amazing Chronoscope

Posts: 431 | From: Lancashire / Nottingham | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well; the second, and I hope, the last cancer surgery is scheduled for 08:00 on Monday. I know many people are praying for and with me, and with others who are having similar experiences. Please also give thanks for the surgeons whose gifts are changing our lives.

Peace to you all -

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

...and we could really do with some rain here - we quite like the sound of thunder rumbling in the distance, God, but if we could have a day or two of the wet stuff from directly overhead it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for complete success for Stercus Tauri's surgery on Monday. Please God, let it be the last needed

[Votive] for rain where Welease Woderwick lives

[Votive] for lifting of the heavy longterm cross borne by Huntress' friends and their family

[Votive] for healing for Ariel's friend and support for her friend's wife

[Votive] for everyone and the needs they are asking prayer for -- and for all unexpressed needs

[Votive] for my cousin C, for his son, and for the mother of his son -- an end to heartbreaking misunderstandings -- and for a long-term career success breakthrough for C

[Votive] and a prayer of thanksgiving for C being a loyal mega support to me

[Votive] for the people and all God-created living beings on this planet -- for an end to all the misunderstanding, cruelty, torture, exploitation, indifference -- may minds and hearts be open -- starting with me -- God, You Who are Love, may your kingdom come.

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016