homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 43)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For those having to cope with loss, and anyone struggling with depression.

[Votive] For safety in travelling (Sioni is right, certainly locally there do seem to have been more than the usual number of accidents on the motorway and main roads here in the past couple of weeks).

[Votive] For anyone worried about the week ahead. May things prove brighter than you anticipated.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] (((((mousethief))))) For mousethief to at least be able to attend the funeral if at all possible. For Brian's two brothers, and for mother mousethief.

What Ariel said.

The Telemum goes for her postoperative follow up tomorrow, please pray that she is all healed but if not, that she gets the best and most perspicacious care. Also, for her blood pressure to have returned to normal.

I hate to keep saying this, but I still have to pull off some brilliant demos this week and it's such an uphill battle.

I also need to keep the Finance Monster at bay.

For both Ks.

There is a thing I'd like to do for the Telemum relatively soon.

Also for my side project - the timing turns out to be perfect, and also, a thing I thought had gone badly now looks quite different [Yipee]

For me to figure out something that shouldn't still be bothering me, but is.

[ 02. June 2013, 20:20: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Brian, mousethief and their families. So sorry.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(( mousethief )) [Votive]

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
mousethief, I am so, so sorry for this tragic loss. May Brian rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive] for you and your extended family.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen.

Lord hold us all. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For mousethief's cousin Brian, may he eternally rest in God's kingdom of joy and peace, and for God's loving comfort and healing for his 2 brothers, and for Mousethief grieving the loss of his brother, Mousethief's mom and the whole extended family. And for a way to be opened for Mousethief to go to the funeral.

[Votive] For all driving or riding on the roads, may they be safe -- and it being summer here -- for all motoring on the water -- near where I live is a large lake and one regularly hears of boating accidents, some fatal, and the majority alcohol-fueled.

[Votive] For Niteowl's mother and the medical people caring for her

[Votive] for the Telemum to be all healed and for her blood pressure to return to normal

[Votive] for Telepath in all her work, and may she find a space to be able to breath freely, knowing that all her projects are caught up and successful and the Finance Monster is routed from the land.

[ 03. June 2013, 03:16: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Mousethief and family

[Votive] for all

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

Telepath, I'm so pleased to hear about your job.

(((Mousethief)))

Please pray for P and R. P is now in the Macmillan (cancer) unit at pur local hospital.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
((mousethief))
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Tear]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For mousethief and all above. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all.
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Sigh. I have a customer demo at 7pm tonight, I need to write a kick-ass presentation for it, and I am moving at a snail's pace.

I really don't think I can go any faster. [Help]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for TeleSpeed and TeleQuality

[Votive] for all

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. What a can of worms. [Frown]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my colleague S. [Votive]

Please pray for me as I get freaked out when I think people are angry with me.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My cousin is dying. Please pray for her and for her sibs, who have all come to stay with her. I will visit again tomorrow.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And also please pray for a young friend of mine, whose husband has just told her he has never loved her, and has walked out on her and her two young sons. There has been no warning, no issues or problems. This is completely out of the blue.

[ 04. June 2013, 22:51: Message edited by: The Weeder ]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]

Prayers for all who post and all who don't.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for each by name and need

--------------------
God = love.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Lyda*Rose, for healing.

For mousethief.

For Cousin Weeder.

For Weeder's friend, and the friend's husband, and the children.

For Mad Cat's S, and for Mad Cat's boundaries and such vs. others' perceived anger.

For malik3000, melanoma et al be gone!

Side-project is definitely a go, not sure if I need to self-fund any of it...

For a highly successful demo (again!!! [Mad] pressure much) on Thursday.

For the Telemum, and the lowering of the Telebloodpressure.

For the Finance Monster to back away slowly.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For me: migraine misery, go away!!!
[Mad]

Thanks.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
[Votive]

For me: migraine misery, go away!!!
[Mad]

Thanks.

[Votive] [Votive]
Prayer ascending, Golden Key! My mother suffered had migraines and I remember how much she suffered from then. If it is any comfort, they became less frequent and milder as she got older.

--------------------
God = love.

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Waiting for test results suck.
Especially since there's the tiny thread of hope that this time we might actually figure out what's wrong.
Prayers for me, pretty please.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Golden Key, migraine be gone!

For malik3000, melanoma and associates be gone!

For Spiffy, for healing.

Not another customer demo again tomorrow. And this is a really important one. I'm tired.

Side project is looming though!

For the Telemum.

For K., K., and R.

--------------------

Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For two elderly friends who have sustained fractures recently (in separate incidents) and are in pain.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all here, those with health issues, both mental and physical, and those waiting for test results. [Votive]

Prayers for family and friends, especially for an Eternal Rest for Mousethief's Brian. [Votive]

And a prayer for all those who have noone else to prayer for them today. [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Thank you to everyone who prayed recently for P; sadly, I heard last night that he had died. He was a lovely man, always courteous and ready with a joke or a smile. And he always wore a bow tie - as any Dr Who fan will tell you, bow ties are cool! Along with the rest of our church, I will miss him very much. Please could you pray for his wife, R, and their daughter, S? The funeral is next Tuesday.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Demo in T-minus 30 minutes, sigh

--------------------

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord in your mercy hear my prayers for the needs expressed above. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Grammatica's two elderly friends, for healing.

For all those waiting for test results or other crucial outcomes.

For Mousethief's Brian, may he rest in peace.

For Starbug's wife R and their daughter S in the loss of P.

One demo down, one (plus at least one paper) to go. I also have a meeting this weekend to sort out things and stuff. As rewarding as this job has been, I'm hoping the next one will be just a smidge less intense…

Also, for the side-project, there are important things I need to coordinate and they mustn't be got wrong or mistimed…

For the Telemum.

For T. and R. R has kind of turned on T. and started being rude and nasty to him, and this is very distressing to T. who regards those he helps out as family. Please let them sort this out especially since R. may not have much time left...

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who post here.
Prayers pelase for my beloved mother-in-law A. Having recovered really well from a minor operation a couple of weeks ago she had a bad fall at home today and was found in a semi-concious state by her hairdresser. SHe is now in A&E, and has apparently done something to her hip and ankle. She is 85 and not that mobile at the best of times.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

Mum Midge saga continues. Unfortunately someone let slip to other family what is going and that someone was in the dog house [brick wall]

Please pray that medication will prevent and ease suffering. Sounds like a countdown of about 2 months to the end.

On a lighter note I am planing to wisk the wife away for the weekend (post anniversary). The thing is, she knows nothing about it. [Biased] Children booked with rent-a-gramps. B&B booked, furtive bag packing and a bus trip to where she works to do. Finances- oh what the hell. We really need a break so I hope it goes well and I don't end up in the dog house again. I also want the surprise to keep to end of play tomorrow if possible. It might work because this is so out of character for me.

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a private intention.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
norfolkadam
Apprentice
# 17674

- Posted      Profile for norfolkadam   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The first time I've ever requested prayers from anyone but I feel the need.

Please pray for me as I have been having problems with my speech, possibly connected to a neurological condition that has meant time off work and stress and worry for my family. Please pray for a recovery and positive diagnosis.

--------------------
http://commonorgarden.tumblr.com/

Posts: 8 | From: Southampton | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Prayers ascending. [Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016