homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 48)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In gratitude for the return of Minx. For housing for the comet plan, for the work opportunity to come through and regular employment in the meantime, for enjoyable work for Chasee#2, and patience for comet and all the rest.

For rain in New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and the southwest USA.

For Zeke to get that job, signed and sealed.

For The Girl.

For a successful meeting for Zappa.

In gratitude for the return of Sibyl.

For healing for St. Gwladys' H, C, and V.

For healing for Lucia's D, and for N and their children. For defence against spiritual attacks. (Here too please.)

For success for To The Pain.

For better management at Chamois' workplace. For healing for M.

For understanding, and charity, and forgiveness for Mad Cat.

For healing for Masha's C.

For Starbug to keep to a routine.

I seem to be ruled by my worst self in thinking about a particular matter. I need to see and accept the truth.

For my heart's desire.

For a private ambition.

In one week's time, I go to give the MOST IMPORTANT DEMO OF MY CAREER bu hey, no pressure. I have (as usual) too much to in the meantime.

For bannination of the Finance Monster. I have got myself roped into a commitment (coaching that is not helping me even slightly) that I cannot remotely afford. It is my own fault.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So, I canceled out of the dinner.

Probably not the right thing to do. But I don't know what the right thing to do was.

I believe I'd been originally invited by mistake; the dinner is properly for people at the college of higher rank than I. I didn't want to go and be uncomfortable and out of place. I also don't really have the clothes for this kind of occasion, and I'm very self-conscious in groups, sometimes even to the point of panic attacks.

Still, if I were a different sort of person, I'd have pushed my way in, sat down at the table, and acted as if I belonged at the dinner. And the program I run might have benefited from it. (It's not something the college considers particularly important, though I think perhaps it should.)

I could use some help with discernment here. I've never had any appetite for climbing the greasy pole, but I don't know if I really have a choice. I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to be eating cat food in my old age, either, as failures in life (like me) tend to do.

[Help] [Confused]

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
alternative house plan might work! cross fingers, squint eyes, say prayers, knock wood.....

(meep! I'm almost letting myself get excited!)

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Catching up (grateful thanks for Telepath's eloquent listing)

Praying through by name and request [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

So many people are being so encouraging about this interview and giving me so much time. Gearing up for one heck of a weekend.

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
Also - Chasee#2 has gainful employment but hates it. Honestly, I'd hate it, too. But it's good work and pays well.

God has a hilarious sense of humor.

I just got an offer-I-can't-refuse from the same place. Going to be challenging, but HEY now I can pay for the home I want so bad! progress!

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Visiting Cat has a bite mark in his side, or at least it looks like one. It looks like the kind of thing that could turn into an abscess.

I don't know who started it, but he needs to learn (faster) how not to be such an uncivilised little savage.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Feeling anxious

a) Trip this weekend. 3 hour drive. Supposed to rain during trip.

b) Renting a car and the first one, although fun and cute, had a tire deflate a bit, so did an exchange.

c) Off to a wedding of our best friend's one son, which should be grand. However, God made a doozy of a point to us about this a few weeks ago and still a little bit baffled/angry/worried cause God has never done anything like that with us... ever.

d) Need to speak to my Mum about a few things monetary I'm dealing with. Approached her about talking about this and she said yes we should talk and she needs to speak to me about something too. That has me worried.

e) Slight hiccup with space for car in parking garage. Frazzled wife.

f) Cat just threw up....likely heat as he's been friskier then normal tonight. Settled in and sleeping but not something I like to hear about.

g) And the humidity and heat at home, which always causes me to lose sleep and get a bit frazzled.

In essence, my anxiety levels are a bit high.

Prayed an hour ago, and thought about coming here to ask for prayer, and feeling cooler and better.
But, still concerned.

Here my prayers O God reading through. May we know your peace that passes understanding.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by comet:
alternative house plan might work! cross fingers, squint eyes, say prayers, knock wood.....

(meep! I'm almost letting myself get excited!)

fell through. again. felt like the last chance and I'm pretty bleak right now. everything just sucks.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have the ear infection from hell and I'm in a lot of pain. I can't go to work as that means travelling through the channel tunnel and the doctor said I couldn't do that because of air pressure changes so more sick leave for me which is a problem.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayer would be appreciated as my walking is awful. I'll be starting a 5 day course of high dose steroids tomorrow - I've been warned they might make me "euphoric", which could be interesting, and I'm signed off work for a fortnight. I'm seriously considering ill health retirement, though I don't really want to give up work.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Grammatica, for future discernment in social matters. (From what you've written here, the right thing to do would have been to attend the dinner as planned, and converse with the people on either side of you at the table, insomuch as possible giving equal time to both sides, though this depends on them as much as you. This is hard, because dinners last a long time, but if you treat it like work you can get through it, and letting others do most of the talking can help. From what you say, you were too ashamed to do this, thought you were unworthy of being invited, thought it would have been unduly aggressive of you to attend as planned, and equate that kind of activity with Becky Sharp-style social climbing. You may be overthinking it a little. Also, if the dinner is with gowns? A LBD is the only thing that really goes with a gown anyway and you can usually find one in a thrift store.)

For To The Pain to give a stellar interview. (Oh, and get the job too.)

For comet to not-hate the new job and find a housing solution, stat.

For travelling mercies for Og; for whatever issue c) was about; for monetary and maternal conflict resolution; healing of cat; good sleep; relief of anxiety.

For healing for chive.

For healing for St. Gwladys.

Visiting Cat is a little thug. My door opened this evening, and it was him, being all shy and endearing. Aw! I coaxed him with a catnip toy. Turns out he came upstairs in pursuit of Chief Cat, who in turn came upstairs because Visiting Cat slugged her while she was trying to eat her dinner. A few minutes later, I heard yowling outside and saw Visiting Cat harassing someone else in next door's yard. Like I said, an uncivilised little savage. We have got to teach him not to be such a bully, I will not tolerate this sort of thing in my house, even from a pet.

For my heart's desire.

For the Telemum.

For R.

For K. and M.

For good habit forming.

For success of my current project.

For me to make rapid progress at a thing.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Trying to fix a thing... Need to start making progress now...

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our 3rd date today, batman broke up with me. I would like your prayers to just move on quickly and find my peace again. thank you.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Duchess)

For all those who are ill, looking for a place to live, dealing with ill or troubled animals, dealing with employment problems -- [Votive]

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mary LA:
(Duchess)

For all those who are ill, looking for a place to live, dealing with ill or troubled animals, dealing with employment problems -- [Votive]

Catching up in the midst of a rather busy and somewhat distracting week or 2 -- thanks as always to Telepath for her helpful gathering together of all our prayers

My friend J has been visiting from out of town. He is the one who lives in near poverty despite working at the same school system for a decade and a half. He is so dedicated to his special-needs students despite the lack of decent pay and lack of respect from the miserly school administration and disrespect even from the classroom teacher whom he assists. Plus he is not in the best of health -- still covering from a stroke and needs physical therapy and due to lack of $$ too often is eating the poor nutritional quality of food available to poor people in this rich country, and whose school system health plan does NOT cover ANY of his needed medication. Will not a just and loving God judge a country that allows such obscenities to take place though able to do otherwise?

and I have been trying to deal with wading through a lot of conflicting info in re choices to be made by me regarding medical treatments for both my medical situations -- prayers for discernment please! But giving thanks that at least I gave a decent health plan, and that physically I feel wonderfully great.
and trying to take care of various business/personal matters involving waiting horrendously long times on the phone to talk to utility companies and other organizations (whatever became of being able to take care of business by dealing with a flesh and blood human face to face? -- how quaintly early 20th century!)

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For duchess.

For malik3000's friend J, for healing and relief or poverty.

For malik3000, melanoma et al be gone!

For V, having a colonoscopy this week - yuk.

For the Telemum, who cannot see a thing because of cataracts and is totally fed up with it, having a preop exam tomorrow.

For a minor issue which would nonetheless bother me a lot if it were true.

For good habit forming.

For G., S., and S.

For the safety of my neighbourhood.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Catching up with prayers, thanks to Telepath's wonderful lists, and one of the first things I read was 'For Starbug to keep to a routine' - Amen to that!

Once more, I have more work than I can reasonably pack into my working day, much of which would take too long to delegate to my team (by the time I tell them how to do something, I could have done it). Plus, they are already struggling due to others being on leave and too many major projects happening at once.

In these perilous times it's good to be indispensible, but even so... [Help]

[ 01. July 2013, 06:02: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

I have lots of studying and writing to do today as an essay deadline looms. Please pray for focus and clarity. Also for my husband, who has the similar deadline for an essay on his MBA and is frantically studying around his already busy job.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying.

--------------------

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tomorrow I am facing a 823 km journey on a route I don't know. I've never driven this far by myself, & while the route avoids Paris, there is still potential for me to take wrong turns and get lost (even though it is mostly on motorways!)

Then on Thursday I'm travelling another 200 odd km driving on the wrong side of the road!!! I think I'm more nervous of that.
Please pray that I stay alert and sensible; that I don't do anything stupid, and that, when I'm in the UK, I remember whch side of the road I should be driving on. I'm so used to driving a right-hand drive car on the right hand side of the road that I'm sure to get confused!

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A story that's taken up much of the past year of my life (and quite a while before that) has now broken in the public domain (see sig). Prayers please for next steps.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For productivity for those of us with much to do, travelling mercies for those with far to go, and guidance for those facing the truth.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all [Votive] .

Please spare a prayer for me too, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by life - nothing compared with what others here face, but enough at the moment to feel rather exhausted by it all. Thanks.

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the repose of the soul of Mary, mother of a very dear young woman of my acquaintance.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

Reading and praying.

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It is time to put our dog to sleep. She has been a great companion to me for the last 3 years, and to my wife for 11, seeing her through many rough patches. Prayers for us, and for my wife in particular.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(((Og)))

Reading and praying. [Votive]

Thanks for the lists!

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a meeting at church tonight and quite honestly I am dreading it.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my colleague and friend Chris. He's decided to take sick leave - he hasn't been well for the past few weeks, IBS and dreadful headaches, it would have been his son's birthday and it's coming up to the anniversary of his death aged not quite 6, his wife's not well and he's mega-stressed. He knows I'm praying for him and has accepted that, a bit of extra prayer will not go amiss. I think that deep down he's searching.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016