homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Melangell
Shipmate
# 4023

- Posted      Profile for Melangell   Email Melangell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all, and especially Smudgie and UltraC.

--------------------
Gwnewch y pethau bychein (Dewi Sant)
Do the little things (Saint David)

Posts: 367 | From: A bit of Wales in Surrey | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

- Posted      Profile for Imersge Canfield   Email Imersge Canfield   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Having a scan please think on't

--------------------
'You must not attribute my yielding, to sinister appetites'
"Preach the gospel and only use jewellry if necessary." (The Midge)

Posts: 419 | From: Sun Ship over Grand Fenwick Duchy | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Anna B, for healing and freedom from unsolicited advice.

For Doublethink's neighbor W.

For Inmersge Canfield.

For Mom the Red, for healing. For Elderkitty to drink life's cup to the dregs.

For Ultracrepidarian.

For Smudgie. You can do it!

I need to pull together the greatest show on earth for Thursday. Project success and continued employment demands it.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

for Evangeline's C, S and little S

for Gussie, that the next few weeks be hassle free and the new work position will fulfilling and well-paying, and for Gussies work colleagues and her friend C

for Sir Kevin and for Z to have better paying positions and ones that are the most suitable to each

for Duke P's best friend W's dad - may he rest in peace

for wisdom for Telepath

for daisymay's cousin M

for Malin's family

for good health for Visiting Cat

for Starbug's P and R

for all going through chemotherapy

for Meg the Red's mom for relief from pain and healing

for Elderkitty and for Meg the Red to make the wise decision regarding Elderkitty

I have my bimonthly CT scan and a doctor's appt tomorrow. So far these appt's have gone very well. Also the next day i have another doctor's appt (non-melanoma related and in no way life-threatening and nothing painful, but if it can be dealt with, it would be a nice thing to happen in my life

[Axe murder] Good news regarding Cece, she came home a little while ago -- hungry but otherwise in good health. She had been stuck in a neighbor's garage for 3/4 days. LM is so happy (me too). She was grateful for Ship prayers.

[ 14. January 2013, 23:30: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please keep praying for my brother T to find a job. he's had no luck whatsoever so far.

Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

'I waited for the Lord on high. I waited and He heard my cry.'

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
a boy in my son's class is having surgery tomorrow of a tumor on his spine. his family is in Seattle and it's scary stuff. please pray for Paxon and his parents and siblings.

also for me - for being overwhelmed, and for surviving the scariest roads I've been on in years.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying through the thread. [Votive]
Giving thanks also for the SoF ministry of prayer, for Telepath and malik3000. [Votive]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mary LA
Shipmate
# 17040

- Posted      Profile for Mary LA   Author's homepage   Email Mary LA   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name [Votive]

Glad to hear Cece returned home safely

--------------------
“I often wonder if we were all characters in one of God's dreams.”
― Muriel Spark

Posts: 499 | From: Africa | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Telemum has had bad knees for a few days now...

I need to be super productive today...

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please could you pray for my daughter and a complicated and very difficult family situation
Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
daronmedway
Shipmate
# 3012

- Posted      Profile for daronmedway     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please could you pray for my eldest son (11) who is in emergency surgery for a groin injury.
Posts: 6976 | From: Southampton | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Will do [Frown] [Votive]

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have no idea what is going on, but if Mr. Lamb's sources are correct, the Encroaching Creature has alienated his allies in the effort to revive false accusations against us, and they are now filing a complaint against him.... you couldn't make this stuff up. Still waiting and watching though. And the doctor has me scheduled for nasty tests on next Wed. to see if I need surgery. I can't keep much down and it's been weeks.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying [Votive]

Lamb Chopped, these people get found out sooner or later. Praying for you and your Mr [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all that our Lord will bring life and light into the dark places they face. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some children I work with desperately need the right new family. Two prospective adoptive families have recently asked for more information about these children - please, God, please ...

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For my entire team who have all had hours cut from their working week this week.

[Votive] For me, as I make a decision about continuing in this field of work.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
daronmedway
Shipmate
# 3012

- Posted      Profile for daronmedway     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by daronmedway:
Please could you pray for my eldest son (11) who is in emergency surgery for a groin injury.

Surgery over. The family jewels remain intact. Thanks for the prayers.
Posts: 6976 | From: Southampton | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

- Posted      Profile for Imersge Canfield   Email Imersge Canfield   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 419 | From: Sun Ship over Grand Fenwick Duchy | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Poor little Mohammed was born with Downs Syndrome, and severe reflux problems. He is deaf and now (at 9 months old) is going blind. He has numerous other medical problems as well, and a very short life expectancy. Let us pray for him and his family.

http://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/action/PJUDG?jgmtid=162603

gives full details.

[ 15. January 2013, 20:51: Message edited by: Gee D ]

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, I thought my moving plans were going rather too well - I've hit a potentially major problem. Prayers for sensitivity in resolving it would be appreciated. Thanks.

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had follow up tests last week for medical procedure I had last summer which went fine except for when the anesthetic failed mid procedure. I am now having flash backs to that as well as waiting for test results which might mean I have to have the procedure again (or something more serious). 95% chance that everything will be fine. Anxiety through the roof regardless. I'm supersensitive and not handling people well right now, which is bad. Please pray for me (and those around me!)
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
birdie

fowl
# 2173

- Posted      Profile for birdie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Once again the birdie family needs your prayers. Our son Groover, who is 8 now, is dealing with profound distress, for various reasons. Please pray that his unhappiness will be eased, and for wisdom for us in dealing with it. We feel all at sea just now.

--------------------
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 1290 | From: the edge | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Checked back in and continued to pray. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hugal's mum Kath had a severe stroke this morning. The stress is not good for his dad's angina, which meant he spent some time in A&E today also.

Hugal is with them at the moment, and I'll join them at the weekend.

All prayers appreciated.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh Lord, hear our prayers. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for me and my colleagues. We have an inspection in two week's time, and people are stressed. Lord grant us confidence and diligence [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Those involved in the helicopter crash in London this morning, and all the rescue services. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Telemum has gone for a scan

I need to do a lot of work today and do it well

--------------------

Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sparrow:
Those involved in the helicopter crash in London this morning, and all the rescue services. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Yes, ideed [Votive]

Could prayers also be spared for my friend S, who has emailed to say he is going for hospital tests on his eyes as he has some trouble focusing, and is a bit worried.

[Votive] for all here.

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

[Votive]

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

For an intention so private I don't really know what it is, your prayers are humbly requested [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Anna B
Shipmate
# 1439

- Posted      Profile for Anna B     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Mad Cat [Votive]
[Votive] all [Votive]

--------------------
Bad Christian (TM)

Posts: 3069 | From: near a lot of fish | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

and I went to the doctor yesterday because I am coughing and sneezing and feeling awful - she gave me some medication and that has made me worse! I need to get better quickly and not feel so much pain too. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Adding my prayers to everyone else's here

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for the people of Mali who are in fear.

For the Syrian refugees who are enduring a particularly harsh winter in the mountains, and who aren't equipped (or dressed) for it.

For the elderly and for those suffering from depression.

Let there be light and warmth in the darkness and cold.

[Votive]

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sparrow:

They have now named both victims who have died [Frown]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please could you pray for C., who had a bad fall outside church on Sunday, and is in hospital with two broken legs. She's none too young, and they haven't dared operate yet.

Adding my prayers for others here. [Votive]

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Imersge Canfield
Shipmate
# 17431

For C and for all

[Votive]

--------------------

Nenuphar
Shipmate
# 16057

- Posted      Profile for Nenuphar   Email Nenuphar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all those in need, and especially tonight those families who were so suddenly bereaved this morning in the London helicopter crash, for the injured, and for those who were traumatised by witnessing it. Grateful thanks for those who served their brethren in the emergency services. And may the souls of the faithful rest in peace. [Votive]

[coding]

[ 17. January 2013, 02:26: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For me to get this done tonight

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For a doctor who needs encouragement, and whose work needs more support.

For me: health, general upholding, blah blah blah.

Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016