homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 51)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] The crews of Wyvern & Wylde Swan - especially the one still missing from Wylde Swan.

[Votive] The other crews on the Tall Ships race, they're mostly young trainees, and it's meant to be a fun international event, they must be very shocked and saddened, may the professional crews look after them well, especially those whose vessels were involved in the search for the missing person.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm struggling with letting go. Please pray.

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dads diagnosis trip yesterday to Stoke has turned into a stay there as there was found to be more wrong with his heart than they thought.

So now we have to sort respite care for Mum and have over an hour and a half to travel to see Dad, I am really not sure how we are going to get Mum to see Dad after tomorrow it is going to be hard, it is going to be difficult to visit both of them ourselves weekly.

Jengie

[ 12. July 2013, 08:39: Message edited by: Jengie Jon ]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who post here.
Prayers please for my son in his continuing job search.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers please for a radio interview on premierradio right now with a very controversial Christian personality, who is possibly not ready to withdraw some problematic, untrue statements. [Frown]

[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr Bee is unwell due to a side effect from his treatment and has been admitted to hospital for the weekend.
Please pray for his swift recovery. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all...the lost, the shocked, the sick and the dying.

Please remember me tomorrow...I am doing a sponsored walk for Christian Aid. On the hottest day of the year. Please pray that those doing it with me are sensible about their own abilities in the heat, and that I haven't overestimated my abilities. And that we all avoid blisters...

Thx.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For St Everild's walk.

For healing for Mr Bee.

For the radio interview mentioned by Wesley J.

For employment for Gussie's son.

For healing for Jengie Jon's Dad, and stability for her Mum, and the ability to spend the right amount of time with them.

For duchess to let go.

For the crews of Wyvern & Wylde Swan, and for the other crews on the Tall Ships race.

For the 21 month old girl in Oakland, CA. For the female protesters n Tahrir Square to be safe, and for the men who are routinely assaulting them to see themselves as… well, as I see them. I would say "others", but they no doubt have plenty of supporters. For all the children of Abraham in Egypt, and all Egyptians.

For Golden Key's healing (esp. migraines) and private intentions.

For Lac Mégantic.

For Syria and everywhere where people are facing societal fracturing.

For wisdom and healing for malik3000, melanoma be gone!

For upcoming generations who may not be able to reap all they sow.

For ebeth, for healing.

For the Telemum.

For good habit forming.

For G., for healing and success.

It seems a third cat has come around, and the Telemum said it was "crying with hunger" the other night. I hope it finds an excellent home, but I'm not sure we should accumulate more cats. Visiting Cat gets asymptotically less un-affectionate all the time, but he is still problematic.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord in your mercy hear our prayers. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My long journey was trouble free and I arrived here fine. Here is asummer school where, tbh, I am struggling a little. I have found all the staff supportive and there is a group of Christians who are meeting from time to time. The car is poorly though, and I would appreciate prayer for its recovery...I'm waiting for a call back from our French insurance to tell me what to do next. Prayer for all the children and staff would be good too. Thank you all.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For success and car repairs for Dormouse, and for all the children and staff.

For me, for good habit forming. I have broken one lifelong bad habit but it is disheartening to see how little progress I have made since last year.

For a successful transition for me from one job into the next.

For R.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the loving, living Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Prayers and upholding please for Himself's mum who is in hospital overnight under observation after a nasty session of vomiting at lunchtime and when she got to hospital her blood sugar was all over the place, again.

[Votive]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dad has decided to go for major heart op as he could not look after mum even if he did not have it but he is arguing for mum to come home as soon as he is sent home though he has agreed to a section 2 (Social work assessment before leaving hospital).

I can cope with Mum as long as she does NOT tidy up! This morning when I was totally whacked I found she had tidied away my notes with all the important information in them, such as what medication she was on! Only she had no idea where she had tidied them too! [brick wall] [brick wall] .

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For prevention of bloodshed/violence in the United States in the wake of the Zimmerman/Martin verdict, Lord hear our prayer.

[Votive]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all the needs listed above [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For healing for Himself's mum.

For healing for Jengie Jon's dad, and for a living arrangement that is harmonious for all involved.

For stability in the US following the Zimmerman/Martin verdict.

For maximum productivity for me tomorrow.

For the Telemum.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Actually over the next weeks, I want to pull off what for me is an EXTREME TIMEKEEPING CHALLENGE!!!!1!!! But which I think normal people do all the time...

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all, whatever the need.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For everyone and everything to be just a bit better off, more peaceful, more gentle. Like nudging a canoe in the right direction.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

On top of my exisiting workload, my manager kindly nominated me to deputise for him while he's on leave for the next two weeks. Which means attending meetings with our department head, who terrifies me. I am professional forty-mumble woman who is reduced to jelly by this person. In the absence of a personality makeover (on either side), I'd appreciate having to come into contact with her as little as possible. [Help]

--------------------

The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] Lord in your mercy hear your prayers.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through
Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Today I went to hospital, quite a way to go, to visit M, who he has much depression. But he's a bit better than he was before he came into the hospital. I left a message written for hie Doctor in the hospital because he wants to come camping with us and last year he felt very happy then. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On top of everything else Mr Bee has liver problems. Please pray. [Help]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Please pray.
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my friend D, whose son was sent to jail. She needs clarity about whether to leave him in jail to teach him a lesson or get him out even though they don't have a lot of money.

Please help me give her good advice.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

The good news is that my sister seems to have found a place that will look after Mum well and also take Dad when he gets out of hospital.

Dad's op scheduled for either late this week or early next. Mum wants to see Dad before it. Only date possible is Wednesday (tomorrow) and I know the visit will stress mum and myself out. Mum will promptly forget it has occurred as she does not like leaving Dad in hospital. The next day we hope to move her into respite care. It may also be Dad's op day.

I am getting fed up to the back teeth with answering the question "When is Dad coming home?" asked partly in the hope that I will today or tomorrow instead of a fortnight to three weeks time.

Jengie

[ 16. July 2013, 13:48: Message edited by: Jengie Jon ]

--------------------

Back to my blog

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for N., son1's wife, diagnosed with meningitis, having tests. Restore her to health, Lord.

[Votive] for son2 and his family, today setting out to move 1800 miles west, to a new job, new home. Safeguard them, Lord, traveling and settling in.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For a private intention.

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016