homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 53)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Sergius-Melli
Shipmate
# 17462

- Posted      Profile for Sergius-Melli   Email Sergius-Melli   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying for all by name.

Also praying for HRH the Duchess of Cambridge in labour... [Votive] for a safe and healthy delivery.

Posts: 722 | From: Sneaking across Welsh hill and dale with a thurible in hand | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For me: general upholding and shoring up, health, and private intentions. Thanks.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Macrina
Shipmate
# 8807

- Posted      Profile for Macrina   Email Macrina   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just landed in a brand new country, and my housemate has announced she has a new job and is wanting to move. Three days after I arrived.

Her name is on the lease, not mine, though the sublet was agreed with Landlord. I can't sign a replacement contract as my visa isn't for that long and she will take all the furniture with her when she goes.

Dear God. Help.

Love,

Macrina.

Posts: 535 | From: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.

(((Grammatica)))

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am off on holiday on Thursday for a couple of weeks but have a batch of marking to get done beforehand (hopefully today/this evening despite the builders being here and one child at home from school) and a job interview on Wednesday (one of the courses I teach has expired and this is to teach it's replacement so it should, in theory, be straightforward). Please pray that I can be focused on my work and complete it in good time and that I don't get too anxious about the interview, as my bipolar disorder is triggered by anxiety.
And a rest for all our family during the holiday, as my husband is quite stressed at the moment.
Many thanks

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Heavenly Anarchist. I know that feeling well (good luck for the interview, I'm sure you'll be great. Now get back to those essays! [Biased] ).

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
About to take an exam. Still meebling like Beaker.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dad is confused, I suspect as he recovers that will wear off but it is going on longer than we would like. Mum is packing and unpacking at the home but I suspect slowly settling. She really needs a member of staff to involve her in doing jobs such as setting tables.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Struggling with loneliness, touch-hunger - a whole slew of stuff... and the weather isn't helping, nor is the fact that I'm halfway through my 43rd year...
Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
S's house sale......pleasedearLord
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Passed.

I have a tremendous amount of work to do in the next 3 days so as not to let anyone down.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

I finished one of my bigger jobs, which is a relief. I still have a lot to do, though, and much of it has to be done by Friday.

(((Alex Cockell)))

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

for all these concerns--Alex Cockell's loneliness (poignant note)--Jengie's parents as well as Jengie and family, Telepath's work (congrats re exam), Malik's health, Starbug, S's house sale, Heavenly A and family, Macrina in new country, Grammatica, Golden Key, and all I haven't mentioned....

(pause as I admire Telepath's gift for complete and sensitive lists).

[ 23. July 2013, 09:45: Message edited by: Cara ]

--------------------
Pondering.

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all

I'm sitting in the exam room in my undies right now waiting to hear the results of the MRI. I didn't call to get the results last week because the person I'd have preferred talking to was off Friday, and I decided just to enjoy the weekend and not think about it. (I had a lovely weekend BTW) The first person, someone I'd not seen before, that came in a few moments ago said that the MRI had not shown "much change" (whatever that means) but he was coming back in a few minutes with my main doctor to fully discuss things. So I'm still wondering (???) -- but will know more shortly -- but, whatever, God is good. I'm praying one of my favorite prayers for situations like this:
quote:
O God, the source of all health: So fill my heart with faith in your love, that with calm expectancy I may make room for your power to possess me, and gracefully accept your healing; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Thanks so much everyone for your prayers.

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Very good news! My liver is still clear (and the spots on my lung remain stable) God is good! [Yipee]

--------------------
God = love.

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Great news Malik! Thank you for sharing it.

--------------------
Pondering.

Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Telepath [Yipee]
Malik [Yipee] [Yipee]

[Votive] for all the requests posted here. (I sometimes get lost in everyone's initials but praise be to God Who knows who everyone is even when I'm in a muddle)

Thank you Telepath for the helpful summaries.

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So good to hear your news Malik 300 - God be praised.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh Malik [Yipee]

Please would you pray for my friend J, whose marriage has come to a sudden end in a very odd and distressing way? I think his wife S could do with prayer too, as she's behaving so strangely he thinks she may be mentally ill, and it's causing him enormous pain.

Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Excellent results, Malik. Congratulations.

Praying for all here. [Votive]

@Alex Cockell. Excepting that VR is very much not RL, if a virtual hug is any help?
(((Alex Cockell)))

[ 23. July 2013, 21:36: Message edited by: ArachnidinElmet ]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That is excellent news Malik 3000 and thanks for sharing it with us.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Yipee] Malik and Telepath! [Yipee]

[Votive] For all who ask our prayers.

[Votive] For an intention.

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
That is excellent news Malik 3000 and thanks for sharing it with us.

Amen!!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen, indeed!
[Yipee]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

Great news, Malik! Praise the Lord! [Yipee]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So pleased to hear that Malik3000

Praying for all the needs expressed here

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my lovely MIL (Muriel) who is 85 and has a malignant tumour in her thumb joint - what was originally diagnosed as 'just benign' has spiralled downwards into malignant and spread into the bone and now possibly spread elsewhere...

Please pray for her op sometime this afternoon which involves (please don't read this bit if squeamish) removing her knuckle joint and replacing with bone taken from her upper arm all under sedation and with local nerve block - that the surgeon's hands may be guided by the Almighty and that the nurses may be angels in disguise for her and also that it hasn't spread out of her thumb.

Thank you.

Praying hard for all who post here and all those who can't or won't.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Praying thru.

As usual, desperately need to finish a bunch of things or project failure(s) await(s).

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Everyone in the train wreck in Spain.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

[Votive]

--------------------

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
For harmony hopes MIL, Muriel, for a completely successful surgery and an obliteration of the malignancy

for the intrepid Telepath, that all needed business is accomplished and she can relax in a peaceful sense of accomplishment

And like prayers for Starbug -- may all the deadline conflicts be successfully defeated, and may Starbug quickly know peaceful nights of restful restorative sleep

for Margaret's friend J, may he have strength and comfort in this hard time, and for S, that she may be comforted and have whatever healing she needs

for Alex Cockell in his loneliness, may his touch-hunger and all his burdens be relieved -- and although cyberfriends are not physically present, may he get at least some comfort from knowing that the people here, though physically distant, are real and with him in spirit.

for Heavenly Anarchist to have a successful interview, successfully focused in work, and may her husband's stress be relieved, and may they have a wonderful holiday

for Macrina's housing situation to be successfully fixed

for the woman Grammatica knows, that she somehow get the healing she needs and is deprived of in a heartless system, and for all trapped in inhumane systems -- and that includes my friend J for whom I've asked prayers here before, trying to recover from a stroke, and with a health plan so poor it doesn't cover the cost of needed expensive medication -- he is visiting me right now -- may some good change come to his situation

for Grammatica to somehow get successfully free from the trap she is in, and for all in the Florida educational system and other systems who are similarly trapped

for the employees of the city of Detroit that they don't have to pay for the financial misdeeds of others

for all the victims of the horrible train crash in Spain and for their loved ones

And thank you, thank you, Shipmates for your prayers, and thank you -- thank you so much -- for sharing my joy. It has meant a great deal to me.
[Axe murder]

[ 25. July 2013, 01:38: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all, and that's great news Malik!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm having a hard time atm. Would really appreciate your kind prayers. Thank you so much.
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my sibling who is still trying to re-write family history and fight the wars of the parental divorce of the 1970s.

For me for patience so that I don't yell back and cut off all contact even though 40 years of this feels like enough.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] for reconciliation between l'organist and sibling, and a new beginning

[Votive] for good and steady and renumerative employment for Nicolenr's brother

[Votive] for all

[Votive] in thanksgiving for a new day

[ 25. July 2013, 12:04: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

Aggie
Ship's cat
# 4385

- Posted      Profile for Aggie   Email Aggie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all of those killed or injured in today's horrific train crash in northern Spain.
[Votive] For a dear friend of mine who has suffered a mini-stroke.

--------------------
“I see his blood upon the rose
And in the stars the glory of his eyes,
His body gleams amid eternal snows,
His tears fall from the skies.”
(Joseph Mary Plunkett 1887-1917)

Posts: 581 | From: A crazy, crazy world | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who ask our prayers. The needs of your people are so many and great, Lord. Help us please, O Lord, of your great mercy and lovingkindness help us.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

and our friend, M, is still in hospital because they say he is still miserable - and he wants to come camping with us! [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please prayers for my mil Muriel - surgery not complete success so needed general after all then had a second general earlier this evening to stop bleeding and is now delirious and talking of conspiracy theories. My hubbub is with her 150 miles away and its really tough. Thank you.

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016