homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 54)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

Thank you all so much for praying about my heavy workload. The two weeks when I had to cover for my boss passed without incident. And today is one of the major deadlines my team had to meet - and all the work is done! I hope the next few weeks will be relatively quieter, until our project starts up again in September. [Yipee]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My friend J, has brain surgery today. Apparently it is, as brain surgery goes, fairly routine, but I probably don't know half of it.

Prayers for her, her toddler son, husband and Dad would be very appreciated. As well as the team looking after her.

Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We need dry camping in Somerset from Saturday for the whole week.. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A friend of mine has just fallen foul of ATOS - she's been declared "fit to work" (prompting the sarcastic derision of her GP in a letter to them), and she's had all her benefits cut off while she appeals. Which could take months.
I used to think I lived in a civilised country where this sort of thing couldn't happen.
Please pray for S, who has friends helping her with the form filling and so on.

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My wife, Z, has a real teaching job now but the founder of the school was trying to coerce her into believing that she's not fit enough to do it! Where does this skinny vegan get off thinking that anyone who weighs a couple of stone more than her is out-of-shape!

[Mad]

I stopped a deacon after mass this morning to pray and also lit a candle for her. She still has about eight hours of a twelve-hour day ahead of her and shall be meeting parents and pupils in the evening. Any and all prayers appreciated...

[Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayer's for Eigon's S. This has happened to several people I know and they have had benefits re-installed in the end. GPs most be getting fed up with having to wirte letters saying 'no this person really CANNOT work'!
Prayers please for my MiL A. She was given the all clear for bowel cancer a few weeks ago, only to be phoned up earlier this week and told that she does have it after all. She undergoing tests at the moment, so not quite sure what the consultant will suggest.
On a happier note my son finally has a job, temporary, and a long commute, but it looks like it could turn into something promsing. Thank you for all you prayed for him.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all here.

Lord, have mercy.

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hear us, good Lord... [Votive]
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's probably about 15 years since I attended church services on a regular basis.

I have found a church which online looks like it might be a good fit for me. I am going to attend one of their services tomorrow, but I'm anxious (/scared) about doing so ...

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Zoey, were you able to go? I didn't get to mine. Please pray for me. I need to change my ways, and it's hard.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am still asking for prayer for the family situation. Dad is due out of hospital tomorrow or Tuesday. We would like things to go smoothly. As yet we have not booked his convalescent care although they know he will be coming as it is the same place as my Mum. We thought it would be end of the week until yesterday. I would like things to go smoothly.

One of the big struggles is to cope with the fact that mentally he is a lot more able than physically and therefore bored. I have bought him a kindle as that will allow him to download books as he wants them and am considering getting him a small radio as well. Please pray that we are able to sort this, he is off the scale introverted and not very dexterous.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name.

Starting new post tomorrow. I'm praying that particular arrangements go without a murmur nor a hitch nor,
God forbid, any conflict; that all goes smoothly and elegantly, and also that the workload not be as intense as at my previous job.

For G., for healing and success.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
in 15 mins we have a very difficult meeting -urgent prayers are needed...
Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
iamchristianhearmeroar
Shipmate
# 15483

- Posted      Profile for iamchristianhearmeroar   Author's homepage   Email iamchristianhearmeroar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for a work colleague of mine.

He had a triple heart bypass operation about ten days ago and his recovery is not going at all well. Ten days after the op he's still on the bypass pump as his heart won't beat properly by itself. Half the heart muscle is apparently very badly damaged, and it's doubtful if they can get his heart going again. It's now also looking like his kidneys might be badly damaged/shutting down.

It's not looking very hopeful for him, but prayers for him and his family would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
My blog: http://alastairnewman.wordpress.com/

Posts: 642 | From: London, UK | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yuk! He must have had a similar op to my Dad just at just about the same time.

Jengie [Votive]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had a phone call from a friend today - after years of heavy drinking which ended up with his being taken to hospital, he's decided to go back to AA and try to get sober again. Please pray for P and his success.

And [Votive] for the Intrepid Brother A and for Grammatica's cousin too.

Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

Got on to the computer at New Wine! They have one upstairs in the selling group. And we have had a lot of rain as well as sunny times. I'd appreciate prayer to keep us OK - one of our group has had his tent wet inside [Frown]

[Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ebeth

Shipmate
# 4474

- Posted      Profile for ebeth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all posted and for those intentions heartfelt but not seen [Votive]
Posts: 1486 | From: Here | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through for each by name and by need

[Votive] For peace and reconciliation for the conflict-torn Egyptians

[Votive] For peace and reconciliation wherever needed

[Votive] For multitasking-challenged me to get through several pieces of pretty important personal business of the kinds that confuse me and tend to make me freeze up and do nothing -- including late-breaking news of a payment denial for a recent medical scan that I guess i'll have to challenge, groan (for $400, but could have been a lot worse -- most scans seem to cost thousands)
Also that a timely decision can be made on the future direction of medical treatents

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Daisymay, Eigon, Ferijen, Grammatica, Gussie, iamchristianhearmeroar, The Intrepid Brother A, Jengie Jon, malik3000 (melanoma et al be gone! Bills be gone!), Margaret, Sir Kevin and Zeke, Starbug, Zacchaeus, Zoey

I am pleased at how I'm keeping the workload under control! It's only day 2 mind you... I'm home at a decent hour having already worked out, and not tired... Nothing better throw a rollerskate into this.

For the Telemum.

For G., for healing and success.

[ 30. July 2013, 20:21: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Thank you for praying for us; today it was again very wet this morning, but now it's dry atm.

The forecast is always about having rain... [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sadly, two weeks' rehab = two and a half weeks' sobriety, no more. Back on the booze because something went wrong, though I'm not sure what (hard to tell what's truth and what's fabrication, to put it politely).

All the counselling and good advice in the world makes no difference unless it's acted on, sadly.

Praying for better luck - no, better outcomes - for others in that situation [Votive]

Mrs. S, mistaken purveyor of Good Advice [Confused]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

One of the AA slogans is:

quote:
It works, if you work it!
Sadly, the reverse is also true.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Well, I underestimated my workload. I now have to fit four staff appraisals into two weeks, including writing them up afterwards, plus all my normal stuff and some odds and sods of project work. I woke at 3am and found it hard to get off to sleep again, as I was thinking of work.

(((Mrs S, may you always continue to be Intrepid)

[ 31. July 2013, 06:04: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Starbug:

(((Mrs S, may you always continue to be Intrepid)

Much appreciated, Starbug - I can't always live up to my nickname, it's more of an aspiration really. But thank you (())

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

For old friends, journalists, who may be losing their jobs today. None of them are young and some may have thought they'd found a safe berth at last. For a colleague and her family, who have just lost a beloved family member to ovarian cancer after a long and difficult battle.
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jengie, been thinking of your family [Votive]
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

Today it is sunny, hot, and dry [Overused]

I pray for Friday and Saturday when we have to take down our tents, hoping it will be dry... [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all...
[Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.

[Votive]

And day two of a novena.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May I ask for prayers for Ross, who's moving to her new house in ten days' time but still hasn't sold her present one? It all sounds hugely stressful, she's sleeping badly, and she really needs a buyer NOW.

(Mrs S, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother [Frown] )

Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My (ex) daughter in law is making increasingly bad decisions and spiralling in her life choices down a nasty, grubby hole. She is acting out of character as I've known her for the last fourteen years.

I'm very concerned for her as she either can't or won't admit a problem but am also concerned as she has two of my grandchildren with her a large part of the time. Grandchildren are 12 and 7.

Prayer also appreciated for my son and for those of the family who have contact with her. It's all very grimy and nasty and unpleasant.

[ 02. August 2013, 01:24: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

daisymay, was your friend able to go camping with you?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For me: health, general upholding, and private intentions.

Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016