homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 57)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Anglo Catholic Relict - for discernment and the best choice - God can surprise us unexpectedly [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
kaytee
Shipmate
# 3482

- Posted      Profile for kaytee   Email kaytee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For N's father and the whole family.

--------------------
'Lying is a vital survival skill – and a terrible habit.' ~ The Doctor

Posts: 152 | From: Hertfordshire, UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you, those who responded to my request of last night. Thank God, the meeting was, although not productive, at least not the horror it could have been!
Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by malik3000:
Anglo Catholic Relict - for discernment and the best choice - God can surprise us unexpectedly [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

God can indeed surprise us. Thank you, malik.

With thanks to God for the many blessings in my life. [Votive]

And for all intentions here. [Votive]

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tomorrow my sister and I take Mum and Dad home. Not sure Dad is really well enough yet for this, but it is what he wants. There are other reasons such that really if they did not go now they might well have to wait until my sister was back from holiday etc.

Just hope it is the right thing and we have put in the right amount of support care.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Clarence
Shipmate
# 9491

- Posted      Profile for Clarence   Email Clarence   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Lord have mercy
Thee we adore
Into thy hands

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
I scraped my knees while I was praying - Paramore

Posts: 793 | From: Over the rainbow | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all intentions.

[Votive]

For Egypt:

Lord have mercy.

[Votive]

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Anglo Catholic Relict:

For Egypt:

Lord have mercy.

[Votive]

Amen

Praying through [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My mother is not recovering as quickly from her operation as expected and will be in hospital for several more weeks, rather than leaving on Friday. Please pray for her, for the excellent staff treating her and for me. I was all set to take next week off to look after her and am not sure whether I am coming or going at the moment. Being 100 miles away is making everything more complicated (and expensive).

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the repose of the soul of Clarence who went to be with his Lord on this Monday past.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

For Clarence.

[Votive]

For all intentions.

[Votive]

For poor Egypt. [Frown] [Votive]

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Heard from K that she had news about her husband R and I should call her. Left a message, but haven't heard yet. It took me a couple hours to get to a phone and call, so with everything it's been almost 24 hour since I got her email, and I still don't know. R isn't young and though he's hearty, he has health issues, so I'm scared. Hopefully it's nothing and I just mistook the tone of her email.

God be with them either way, I guess.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Feel a bit selfish and petty asking for prayer for this, but anyway, have finally decided to ask.
I've applied for a job. I really need it, I'd be good at it, and I'd really really like it. I'm expecting that they'll appoint someone internally, but I'd hope I'd get an interview (which I'll find out early next week). It seems a bit silly and petty to ask, but please could you pray?
And also about what I do if I don't get it?

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Kat in the Hat
Shipmate
# 2557

- Posted      Profile for The Kat in the Hat   Email The Kat in the Hat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:
Feel a bit selfish and petty asking for prayer for this, but anyway, have finally decided to ask.
I've applied for a job. I really need it, I'd be good at it, and I'd really really like it. I'm expecting that they'll appoint someone internally, but I'd hope I'd get an interview (which I'll find out early next week). It seems a bit silly and petty to ask, but please could you pray?
And also about what I do if I don't get it?

I was going to post exactly the same thing - the job I would love to get finally came up, I've applied & am waiting to hear. It would be great to get paid for what I currently do as a volunteer!
Prayers for all seeking employment!

--------------------
Less is more ...

Stumbling Pilgrim
Shipmate
# 7637

- Posted      Profile for Stumbling Pilgrim   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There's a decision being made tonight that is out of our hands but will affect our lives. If it goes one way I'm fairly sure I'm going to be depressed for quite a while and probably find relationships with some people much harder, if it goes the other - well, I don't know if I'll be exactly over the moon, but on balance I guess it would be the outcome I'd prefer. To be honest I don't know what to ask for prayer for - wisdom and discernment for those deciding, I guess, and for me the ability to cope with whatever happens. [Help]

--------------------
Stumbling in the Master's footsteps as best I can.

Posts: 492 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all, especially those regarding job seekers. And please remember my brother's job search in that. And still pray for the relationship of my daughter and me. It still feels rocky.

[Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm currently at home waiting for a plumber to come and (hopefully) repair my leaking sink. this will be the third visit in three days. If anyone's reading this please pray that he comes soon and is able to fix the problem.

Meanwhile, I've been away from this thread for a while but am now reading back and praying for all [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For an intention, as the term begins.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Stumbling Pilgrim
Shipmate
# 7637

- Posted      Profile for Stumbling Pilgrim   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oops, forgot to post back with the outcome, sorry!

It went the way I would ultimately have preferred - however, the process isn't over yet and won't be fully resolved until mid-September. It has made me feel quite a bit better about it all though. Thanks everyone.

[Votive] for all.

--------------------
Stumbling in the Master's footsteps as best I can.

Posts: 492 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

For all intentions.

[Votive]

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry for radio silence, was on the Moon.

Anglo Catholic Relict, for discernment and the best choice.

For N's father and the whole family.

For Oferyas.

For the Jon family, for the right thing and the right amount of care.

For Egypt.

For MotherP, for healing, for the staff treating her, and for stability for JoannaP.

For the repose of the soul of PeteC's Clarence.

For Gwai's K and R.

For luvanddaisies to get the job, and for another plan to become apparent if she doesn't get it.

Same for The Kat in the Hat.

For Stumbling Pilgrim, yay! For full resolution in the best possible way.

For Brothermr's job search, and for the relationship of Nicolemr and Daughtermr.

For swift and complete healing of Abigail's sink.

For Grammatica's intention, as the term begins.

For everybody I've ever narcissistically prayed ABOUT but not FOR. [Hot and Hormonal]

For G., for healing and success.

For me to get it right this time.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Starting something new and it's....kinda scary making that move on into the great unknown.
Cheers
EA

Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, in your mercy hear our prayers
[Votive]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There is a twelve year old boy, Z, who was infected by a rare brain eating amoeba. He's fighting for his life, and if he survives, he will be one of only four who have not been killed by this amoeba.

Please pray. He's from the town only twenty miles from my home.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Two major, one very small:

Please pray for B and B, my friend's young son and his wife, and their families. The young couple were in a car crash this morning (probably on their way to church), and the daughter-in-law has suffered some head injury. No details as yet. This is a family who have been through a lot recently.

Please pray, too for M, another friend's young son who is struggling with some of the issues and burden he carries and is suffering from a worrying degree of depression. He needs to report some bullying at work, too, which is not easy when he's so young and feeling so vulnerable. Another family who have really been through the mill recently.

And a tiny prayer for the roborovski hamster who has just managed to escape from his cage and disappear off into the depths of my boy's bedroom. The boy is too tired to catch him now, the room too untidy for it to be feasible to track the tiny hamster down...... a prayer for the boy to be able to sleep (guilt!), the hamster to survive the night and for the two of us to be able to find him tomorrow before the cat does.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for your concerns and prayers Smudgie. Do also pray for me,

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For success and confidence for Ethne Alba.

For healing for jedijudy's Z, even though a miracle may be needed to make that happen.

For healing for the daughter in law of Smudgie's B and B, and also for M for success and good cherr.

And for the safe re-emergence of Smudgie's hamster.

For PeteC.

For G., for healing and success.

For me, for good habit forming, success of a paper I plan to submit next week, and all my usual stuff.

For bannination of the Finance Monster.

For the Telemum.

[ 18. August 2013, 21:26: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

Things are still rocky between my daughter and me. Partly pre-marriage jitters, partly other things. Please pray. And for my brother's job hunt of course.

Prayers for everyone, including the hamster. [Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've had a missed miscarriage. I found out I was pregnant 6 weeks ago, but had a faint line 2 weeks before that. I thought I was between 6-8 weeks when I went for a private scan, but they said I was 5 weeks. Since then I've been very cautious about how phased things as I thought the embryo didn't develop and was dead but everyone thought it was my mh problems. Turns out I was exactly right and I went for a scan on Thursday where they saw a featal pole and nothing else. As I'm not miscarrying naturally I get the joy of going back to hospital on Thursday to have it removed.

I'm shattered, grumpy, sore and depressed, and am being a nightmare to live with. It he one consolation is that I can now take lovely opioids again so my pain is lessened. I'm still off all my psych meds, my nausea meds and some of my pain meds as I want to try again.

Please pra everything will go as well as it can do on Thursday and I manage to get some non chemically enhanced sleep between then.

Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016