homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 60)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all above. Prayers that each may feel the love and presence of the One who is here to comfort us all. Prayers for peace of mind healing of body. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen. For all here, the sick, the lonely, the bereaved, those in any kind of distress.

Lord, have mercy [Votive] .

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] praying for all in need - whatever the reason - big, small, for others, for self, in the world, in the heart.

Lord in Your mercy, hear our prayer [Votive]

[ 26. August 2013, 20:20: Message edited by: Adrienne ]

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ags, daisymay, Lothlorien, malik3000.

For the Telemum.

For good habit forming for me.

For G., for healing and success.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Would appreciate prayer as am struggling a bit emotionally. Thanks.
Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all.

My daughter's wedding is in less than a week now, please pray all goes well.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen. Paul, you're good people. [Votive]

While reports from Yosemite are cautiously optimistic, firefighters say the blaze will not be fully contained until winter. [Frown]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all intentions.

Lord, have mercy,
Christ, have mercy,
Lord, have mercy.

[Votive]

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For nicolemr's daughter and her soon-to-be spouse, for a happy wedding celebration and good life together. For nicolemr's brother to get a good, steady and fulfilling job and for nicolemr herself that life go well with her

For emotional peace for Late Paul

For Telepath to feel growth in the process of good habit forming and for the defeat of the finance monster, for Telemum, and for Visiting Cat

For daisy may -- for healing and wholeness

For strength, comfort and healing for Lothlorien's K, and peace for A and for P

For Ags' private intention

For Ethne Alba's M

For PaulBC's friends Bob and Mary

For healing for Niteowl and for Niteowl's mother

For Jedijudy's Zac and all who are grieving, and for a cure to be found to defeat this awful amoeba

for all the member's of Jengie-Jon's God-family in a time of turmoil

For comet's Big K and his arm, and for Little K and her pancreas

For every Shipmate and for every need

For Egypt, for Syria, for an end to violence and death, for there to somehow be reconciliation and mutual respect -- it sounds like an impossible thing, but you, God, are a God of the impossible. That help from other nations may be real help for those needing it

For all who, at varying levels, are desperate to survive and who have fallen through the economic cracks in Greece, Spain, the US, East Africa, and around the world

For all, humans and God's other creatures, suffering from natural and un-natural disasters, for the brave firefighters in California and elsewhere

And for me waking up on a beautiful morning feeling great, but that check STILL has not come -- it is not usually this late -- please, please God, let it come today -- this is very nerve-wracking and my phone service is about to be cut off, among other things. And for me to have the discernment, guidance and support to get through all the stuff mentioned in my previous post

[ 27. August 2013, 14:32: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a particular person

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for each by name.

For malik3000, melanoma et al be gone! Please let his check arrive, stat! And thanks for the listing today.

For Bene Gesserit.

For J, for healing and for a multitude of problems to be solved.

For G., for healing and success.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Halleluyah! My check just came!, Thank you, God! [Yipee] (whew!)

For the person for whom Bene Gesseret's is praying, and for Telepath's J and G

(I think i'll do another [Yipee] -- I'm so relieved.)

--------------------
God = love.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Prayers and upholding please for V, Himself's mother, in hospital again, this time with something that appears to be heart-related. It is her the wedding of one of her granddaughters on Sunday next.

[Votive]

--------------------

Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please continue to pray for my health issues.

I have an operation pre-assessment on 3rd September and the operation to remove my gall bladder on 10th September.

Please pray that I will not have to go in as an emergency before then.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] For Welease Woderwick's V's recovery and good health, may her granddaughter's wedding be joyful, may V be able to enjoy it, and may granddaughter and spouse have a blessed married life together.

[Votive] For Nanny Ogg, for comfort throughout the pre-op period, for a trouble-free operation at the appointed time, and a full recovery, free of stress from any source

[Votive] For the needs of all, expressed and unexpressed

--------------------
God = love.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Prayers and upholding please for V, Himself's mother, in hospital again, this time with something that appears to be heart-related. It is her the wedding of one of her granddaughters on Sunday next.

[Votive]

[Votive] for V. And a virtual hug from her friend.

[Votive] also for S. and R. as they begin life together. I am writing a note, at this moment, to S and S, her parents.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all intentions

[Votive]

Kasra
Shipmate
# 10631

- Posted      Profile for Kasra   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying thru [Votive]

--------------------
Can you spare $13.10 to help find a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma? http://pages.teamintraining.org/ne/kc12/cburberqb8#home

Posts: 309 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For everyone's brokenness and wounds.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
[Votive]

Amen [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

quote:
Originally posted by QLib:
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
[Votive]

Amen [Votive]
Amen.

[Votive]

Thanks be to God for looking after my daughter this morning when she had difficulties with her car. Thanks to her guardian angel, to SS Joachim and Anna, and thanks be to God. All is now well.

[Votive]

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Happily V came home from hospital after just one night in - she is still not 100% but is a lot better - prayers, please, for her continued recovery.

[Votive]

[ 29. August 2013, 16:21: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ags:
Please pray for a private intention [Votive]

Thank you

Thank you for your prayers.

Pray for those who mourn that they may be comforted
[Votive]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Happily V came home from hospital after just one night in - she is still not 100% but is a lot better - prayers, please, for her continued recovery.

[Votive]

Thank goodness! She still needs a hug from me though!

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm jumping off a cliff into unknown and potentially exciting and very terrifying career territory. I HAVE to be disciplined and self-driven and not let the "what-ifs" get to me. I keep coming up with excuses not to do it - and there's plenty.

I need a lot of strength. financial miracles welcome, too.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

My daughter's wedding is now three days away. *gulp* Please continue to pray all goes well.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

I had news this morning via another friend that S, who I have known for many years has been diagnosed with cancer in liver, bones and abdomen. He will be returning home over the weekend for as long as possible. Prayers, please, for him, his wife and their kids.

[Votive]

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Cancer has struck again. This time to Barbara, one of my old friends who came faithfully to the hospital every day when I had cancer to talk to me and to ensure that I could eat something. Lung cancer. No one in her family smokes. [Frown]

--------------------

Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

For all intentions.

[Votive]

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For those who need comfort and healing
[Votive] For those who need energy and courage
[Votive] For those seeking calmer waters

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our middle son is in a bit of a pickle regarding his university course. As usual the pickle involve pieces of green paper. Prayers for P (and the rest of the family) would be appreciated.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for me, coping with Bells Palsy.
Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive]

--------------------
God = love.

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My wife, Zeke on the Ship, does not post anymore. She has an ongoing health problem: severe stomachaches. She was sent home from school yesterday because of this. She is better now, but I hope and pray this is not something scary. Perhaps she can see one of her doctors next week. She compared the pain to that of having gallstones, but she had her gall bladder removed years ago!

If you have any encouraging words for her, you may e-mail her or just pray.

[Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

Please pray for E, who had a bad stroke just over a year ago and who had only just started being able to walk around in her own home. She fell yesterday and broke her hip. They can't operate till tomorrow - something to do with her blood. [Frown] I think the worst thing is the potential for despair.

--------------------

ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my other half C. He finally went to the doctor yesterday after having a cough for a long time. He has a blood test and chest X ray next week and has gone into full panic mode.

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am back home from the hospital and still have to get fixed in my bladder and bowel as I had quite a lot cut out inside myself, which affects my eating.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying forth all.

[Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016