homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 62)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers ascending [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all injured on the Isle of Sheppey crossing this morning. [Votive]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Midge
Shipmate
# 2398

- Posted      Profile for The Midge   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Reading and praying.

--------------------
Some days you are the fly.
On other days you are the windscreen.

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The5thMary:
quote:
Originally posted by Cara:
Reading and praying for all.

And please may I add a request for prayer -- too complicated to explain, but I need help to see the right way to be supportive of a beloved family member. I keep saying--with good intentions-- the wrong thing. I fear adverse effects from my own clumsiness.
[Help]

I have been in your shoes! I suffer from A.D.D. and sometimes, the WORST things pop out of my mouth... and I have no idea from whence came these awful things. I shall pray for you as soon as I finish typing this. [Axe murder]
Thanks 5th Mary! And to anyone else who has been praying. Things much improved...thank God.

--------------------
Pondering.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all those who need prayers.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nanny Ogg:
Praying for all injured on the Isle of Sheppey crossing this morning. [Votive]

Thank God no-one was killed. It looks terrible.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The day before yesterday a friend and colleague of mine had a heart attack aged just 36. He's ok judging from the texts I've had from him but I think he's very scared. Could you please pray for N?

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who post here.

Coud I ask for prayers for me? I've done something daft to my foot and am limping around the house (day off today). It would be really good if I could actually walk by Monday as work is very busy at the moment.
Also for a private intention.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For healing a terrible thing that happened at a local park, yesterday: a mom and her baby were sunbathing. A groundsworker was driving a cart along a path, turned onto the grass, and headed straight for the woman and child. People tried to stop him. But he ran over the mother and killed her, then kept on going. He was caught later. The baby wasn't physically injured. I don't know if the baby has any other family.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers requested for a friend, a gifted artist, who must now undergo hard-core chemotherapy with no real guarantee of success, and for her husband. Both wonderful people, sorely tested now.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need it.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for all needs, expressed and unexpressed, known and not consciously known

for Cara to be able to communicate her support her family member

for healing for JoannaP's mother and for strength and liberation from stress for JoannaP

for restoration to full health for daisy may

for chive's N for healing and a lifting of fear

for the mother killed by the cart, for her child and other family, and for the man who drove the cart

for Grammatica's friend about to undergo chemotherapy, may it prove successful, and with as little suffering as possible. And for her husband

for all injured in the massive bridge car pile-up in England, and thanks that miraculously no one was killed

for the suffering people in Syria, and those now in exile, and that those who have the power to affect things may be led to do what it takes to end the suffering

for the people of Egypt, that somehow peace and reconciliation may emerge out of the tragic situation

for all God's creatures who are suffering -- whether from abuse, depraved indifference, well-meaning but misguided care, or neglect, or abandonment

in thanks for all who pray on this thread -- Deo gratias!

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Juggling priorities .................
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a private intention.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In some ways this should be on the praise thread, but can I ask for prayers for my mother in law A and her partner J? They were on their way on holiday yesterday when they had a road accident. This was there second attempt at going away, they had to cancel in Jume when my MiL fell and dilocated her hip. This time they were about eigthy miles from home on a motorway when they were clipped by a lorry, spun round and flipped over. They ended up hanging up-side down on the verge. Remarkably, for two fairly frail people (they are both in their mid-eighties) they walked away without a scratch.
This has been a rotten year all told for A, and she was really looking forward to getting away for a bit. She could really do with a bit of upholding.
On a much more minor note, my foot is loads better today, which is a great relief. Just hope it holds up to the commute on Monday.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

My sister who looked after me has gone home now, a long way. My daughter is still staying in my home to look after me... I still have to take a lot of medications, and will have to go to the doctor on Monday morning. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, hear our prayers

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'd value prayers for a very difficult conversation I have to have on Monday. It can only end in tears for at least one person, has the potential to destroy a friendship and will have quite a ripple effect [Frown]

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers needed for me for tomorrow, please...
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray. I am handling a situation at church badly, by being proud and ireful. Please God, help me to have humility, charity and wisdom, but mostly charity. Being able to laugh would be good too. Kthnx and [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all needs expressed. Lord in your mercy hear our prayers for needs known and unknown. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers, please, for an intention.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the loving, living, Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've had a cough for the last 10 days or so that i can't seem to shake. I've had similar last year and it went away but since the 2 small melanoma spots are in my lung it makes me a bit nervous. I have my next scan Tuesday the 10th, and i haven't been having any therapy for the last 2 months -- may things still be stable as they've been for the last nearly 2 years. And may my prostate cancer, also sans treatment, still be stable.

Also I have had atrial fibrillation for 10+ years. There's a mild soreness on the right side of my scalp that i feel when i cough. The paranoid side of me thinks could this possibly sign of an aneurism.

The utterly delightful golden kitten who lives in my porch has just an occasional cough. I know kitties are prone to respiratory problems and i want to get the little guy to the vet soon. May he be in good health.

And prayers that i get caught up financially

[ 09. September 2013, 04:14: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for those waiting....those in a pickle.....those in a mess....and those who are frankly a bit too scared to peek out and see which applies to them

Oh and prayers please for M's family and friends. M is now with the Lord and mercifully won't be having to wrestle with anymore hospital transport arrangements... [Votive]

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for V who's husband E has died quite suddenly. He will leave a big hole in her life.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr Bee gets the results of an ultrasound scan on Thursday, and he's very anxious about it.
Prayers for a wonderful outcome welcomed.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
Mr Bee gets the results of an ultrasound scan on Thursday, and he's very anxious about it.
Prayers for a wonderful outcome welcomed.

[Votive] Yes, hear our prayers, healing God

And may E rest in peace and rise in glory, and may V ve comforted in her grief.

[ 09. September 2013, 19:04: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.

Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the Christians in Maaloula, Syria [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My father-in-law is having an angiogram later today. He doesn't know whether he'll be going home with a clean bill of health, or whether he'll be admitted for immediate surgery.

Prayers would be appreciated.

(Also giving thanks for the NHS which has provided superlative treatment so far.)

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for those facing bush fires in Sydney's outer suburbs (and it's only the second week of September!) and also for those fighting them.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had an invasive ultrasound for the second time in a few months and the results weren't clear. This means I have been referred for an even more invasive procedure for which I hope to be knocked out.

The trouble is having a general will put me on a longer waiting list, but the thought of being conscious for the process is terrifying. [Help]

Any random prayers gratefully received.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016