homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 66)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for each, by name and need

for St. Gwladys' step-mother, and for all who care for her

for all who died in the Nairobi siege and all injured or otherwise traumatised by this horrible event

for the people of Nigeria, afflicted by ethnic and religious discord and in the south affected by the turmoil attendant upon the oil exploitation, inclusing the squatters who were killed ny police

for my parish, for the growth of all of us as a community of witnesses to God's love in the world

for all non-human animals, especially those in pain, tortured and killed by us humans, or neglected or abandoned, or the victims of well-meaning but misguided care, and for all humans who are working to change all this

for my niece, J, who, judging from her rather incoherent (to me) and angry profanity-laden Facebook posts is under some stress, that she experience emotional and spiritual growth, and for her daughter L, whom she misses terribly, and from whom she is separated due to the court ordering custody to her imprisoned boy friend's sister (unfairly i think, despite all)

That today i may get my house and some personal business in better order than it is now, and in thanksgiving for this beautiful new day.

[ 23. September 2013, 12:27: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Morning weather report from the southwest.

Had another rain storm last night, and our temporary roof fix seemed to work, but water is still everywhere. On one hand, the well will not go dry, but on the other, the arroyo has changed shape due to the water flow. This week we are getting a new roof, Praise the Lord.

North of JB and I In Colorado, they had yet more rain again and even SNOW! How do you replace bridges in the cold? Please pray for some intelligent ideas on that for Colorado that get people back to their homes or finally get out of their homes.

Thank you.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the repose of the souls of Bill F and Dottie T, long time members of the local Baden Powell Guild, and of the Eastern Ontario Gillwell Reunion who died this weekend. It is a sad week for Scouting here.

Gone Home.

Love and hugs from your friend, Scouter Pete.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a certain drowned rat in Texas. Oh, Lord, you love all that you have made, and every hair is numbered.

For all, human and animal, who live with fear and die slow and horrible deaths.

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through

For those who wait for answers.............and those who just wait anyway

[Votive]

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a private intention

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially JB and Motherboarde and all affected by floods and storms.

For all who mourn.

For the repose of the souls of Pete's friends.

Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for Fiona who is now to undergo the long road to survival with radiotherapy and chemotherapy. She has been sent home but visits the hospital daily. The treatments are not a cure, but may buy her more time with her young family.

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Meggie and her son Merlin, who will have to grow up to know that he lost a cousin in Nairobi, trying to protect his girlfriend, who also died. For all their family.
Meggie is so generous with prayer, that she is praying for all there, so joining with her in that. (As above.)

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying ..........as life carries on.
[Votive]

ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm home from the hospital at last, but it was a difficult time while I was there. I have a feeding tube in my stomach now. I was hoping things would start to turn around, but so far, things are still quite difficult. I would really appreciate prayers. It looks like this will continue to be a long journey. [Votive]
Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Hugs) ErinBear

[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for ErinBear, Fiona and all who need prayers.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I ask your prayers for my Uncle Dean. He had surgery last Thursday. I received an email from my cousin reporting on his situation today. She reports in part:

quote:
He was diagnosed with Merkel Cell Carcinoma on his head, and had a large mass (about 7 inches in diameter) removed from his head as well as 2 clusters of lymph nodes. They have not done a skin graft yet because they were keeping it open in case they had to go back in again. Unfortunately, the pathology report showed that the lymph nodes were positive for the cancer, so he will be facing more surgery. However, at the present time he has not fully recovered from the 1st surgery (which was last Thursday) and the Dr. estimates that it will take at least 2 more weeks before he is able to undergo another procedure. In the meantime, he has been placed in a rehab facility. He may or may not go home for a few days before the next surgery.
[Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Offeiriad

Ship's Arboriculturalist
# 14031

- Posted      Profile for Offeiriad   Email Offeiriad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers please for our parish today and tomorrow. Our priest is having a ministerial review, and a number of us are involved. Things are not entirely right, and need to be talked about. Please pray that we may have the grace to speak the truth in love, and that God will somehow guide the situation to the best outcome for all involved.
Posts: 1426 | From: La France profonde | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[[Oferyas and the pari8sh]]
Please continue to pray for Betty, my stepmother, who is now on an end of life pathway. Please pray that the journey will be short.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My Mum and Dad have been on holiday in Greece and Dad phoned to tell me that Mum had suddenly died this afternoon.

I am heartbroken and devastated. I am so sad that my beautiful boy will never know his Grandma.

I have coped all afternoon and now I am a mess.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So sorry to hear this. [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Auntie Doris and all the family.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Many prayers, Auntie Doris for you and all your family.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for your mother, father, you and your family, Auntie Doris.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Auntie Doris [Votive]
I am so sorry to hear that.

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for each by name, in particular Bill F and Dottie T.

((((((((((Auntie Doris))))))))))

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Auntie Doris, I am so very sorry. I am praying for you and your family. [Frown] [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

{{Auntie Doris}} So sorry to hear of your loss.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive]

Also for Campbellite's uncle, St. G's stepmother and Oferyas's church.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry for your loss Auntie Doris, and prayers.

Prayers for all. [Votive]

[ 26. September 2013, 03:00: Message edited by: Nicolemr ]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

...and an extra [Votive] for Auntie Doris & family and for St G's stepmother.

--------------------

M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, Auntie Doris!

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

My sincere condolences Auntie Doris [Votive]

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying though this page and for Auntie D's mum, may she swiftly find her eternal home, my she be ther to greet you when you come home too.

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen to that. Been thinking of you , Auntie D.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks very much for your prayers. I'm off today to a research hospital in the city for an appointment about this problem, and hope it will go as well as it can. I hope they can suggest something that will help.

Auntie Doris, may your mother rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive]

Reading through the list, and praying. [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Auntie Doris, I am so sorry.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

[Votive]

Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
{{{Auntie Doris}}}

Many thanks to those who prayed for Betty - prayers were answered, the journey was shorter than we expected - I had a call from her son last night to say she had died. Instead of prayers for Betty, pleasse remember her son Ken,. d-i-l Leslie and grandson Lewis as we waitb to hear when her funeral will be - probably the week of 7th October.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Auntie Doris, I am so sorry for your loss! How shocking! My love to you and your family.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

{{St. G.}} [Votive] for Betty and her family.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For people who are trying to come to terms with sudden loss

[Votive] People with visual disorders

[Votive] For the lonely, the lost and those who feel excluded; and for refugees everywhere.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For bib's Fiona, for healing.

For Maggie and Merlin, and for all who lost loved ones in Nairobi.

For Oferyas' church.

For ErinBear, for healing.

For St. Gwladys in the loss of Betty, and for Betty's son Ken, d-i-l Leslie and grandson Lewis.

For Campbellite's uncle, for healing.

For Auntie Doris.

Blessed are those who mourn and weep, for they shall be comforted.

[ 27. September 2013, 00:12: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all on difficult medical journeys, particularly ErinBear and Fiona and Campbellite's uncle

For St Gwladys' family and for eternal rest and glory for Betty

For Auntie Doris, her father and whole family in the shock of their sudden loss, for eternal rest and joy for her mother

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There was a drive-by shooting in front of our building just now. The victim was taken away in a taxi, apparently still alive. No matter if he was a criminal or not, praying for his recovery.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016