homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 71)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for each by name.

I have Stuff to do and I need to do it very well and very quickly.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Adding my prayers for Auntie Doris and Huia
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Gill H's mother - may she feel better and may she be healed

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Gill H's mum, Huia and Auntie Doris and the Misters.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

(((Huia and Auntie Doris)))

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Um - I'm reeling a little from revelations this weekend which have turned my world upside down - secrets that have been kept from me, which I had never even suspected. A few prayers as I try to assimilate all this would be very gratefully received. [Eek!]
Thank you.
Curious

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Feeling very discouraged - don't know who - if anyone - I can trust anymore.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Meg [Votive]
Auntie Doris [Votive]
Huia [Votive]
Prayers for other posters, for healing of bodies, broken hearts, or damaged hopes [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh, Shipmates! Much love to you all. [Frown] [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

eta: off to the hospital again this morning for more X-rays and to see the Bone-Man - and I really, really do NOT want to have an operation!

[ 16. October 2013, 03:52: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

I'm struggling with a personnel issue with one of my staff, who is also a friend outside work - at least, I thought he was. Now I'm not sure any more. Please pray for me to have wisdom and keep the right boundaries in place.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

No X-Ray today but one a week on Friday then, if all is well, the plaster will come off!

[Yipee]

--------------------

Otter
Shipmate
# 12020

- Posted      Profile for Otter   Author's homepage   Email Otter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The exact time of my surgery moved around a bit, and ended up being earlier in the day than planned, which was fine with me (less anticipation/fussing time!). Recovering nicely. Many thanks for the prayers and care!

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", YMMV, limited-time offer, IANAL, no purchase required, and the state of CA has found this substance to cause cancer in laboratory aminals

Posts: 1429 | From: Chicago, IL 'burbs | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all that they may not feel alone in their struggles.
May the Holy Spirit give them peace.

[Votive]

Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] friend Janet has died. No more struggle.
[Votive] Husband David, and the church family.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gill H:
Prayers for my mum. The medication she has been put has given her dreadful nausea for the past week.

She has asked me to take a day off work and come to see her (she's 3 hours away by train so I am going tonight). This is not something she would normally do, so she really must be going through it.

Thanks for your prayers. Thanks to a sensible GP the meds have been changed and Mum is eating solid food for the first time in 10 days. \0/

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Praying for each by name. (((((PearlB4 Swine))))) ((((((Auntie Doris)))))) (((((Huia)))))

One paper published! One to go.

I need help and guidance to get through a lot of daily hours of drudgery right now, towards the uncertain possibility of an eventual not-negative outcome. [brick wall]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially WW's plaster (speedy removal of), Otter's recovery, PB4S and her friend's family, Gill H's mum's continued recovery and Starbug and Telepath's work issues.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Thanks for all your prayers. I met with my staff member yesterday and things are on their way towards resolution, even if we aren't quite there yet.

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There are a lot of severe bushfires throughout the state today. Prayers for those facing loss of their homes, livestock and properties, and for those fighting the fires.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Record bush fires in NSW...... Praying

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I continue to read through the list and pray. [Votive]

I have been having ongoing problems with the feeding tube since it was placed a month ago. Today I go to the hospital for tests, and possibly to replace the feeding tube. I would sure appreciate prayers. Thanks. [Votive]

Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord in your mercy hear our prayers. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially those affected by, or fighting, the fires in Australia.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Kasra
Shipmate
# 10631

- Posted      Profile for Kasra   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying thru [Votive]

Kx

--------------------
Can you spare $13.10 to help find a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma? http://pages.teamintraining.org/ne/kc12/cburberqb8#home

Posts: 309 | From: Lincoln, NE | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malin

Shipmate
# 11769

- Posted      Profile for Malin   Email Malin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying [Votive]

--------------------
'Is it a true bird or is it something that exists within a-'
'It's a thing that is,' said Granny sharply. 'Don't go spilling allegory all down your shirt.' Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1901 | From: Norwich | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
nickel
Shipmate
# 8363

- Posted      Profile for nickel   Email nickel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Got a shock this week, heard that one of the good guys at work was dead. A friend, and only 49. The visitation is tomorrow afternoon at the funeral home. This is going to be hard. It was a suicide. Likely the cancer was back, and his perception was this was the best he could do. He always had good, steady, well-thought-out judgement in life, so why should I question his judgement about when to die? Other than it hurts.

But tomorrow is not the time for that. Tomorrow will be "I'm so sorry" to Bryan's family, and sharing funny/sad stories with the crowd milling around as we try to start healing.

I pray for Bryan and his family, and his many many friends who are hurting now.

Posts: 547 | From: Virginia USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

[Votive] Bryan and his family & friends.

[ 19. October 2013, 02:09: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

AdamPater
Sacristan of the LavaLamp
# 4431

- Posted      Profile for AdamPater   Email AdamPater   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Tom, of recent blessed memory, and for those who mourn him.

And especially for we who cannot understand why. [Votive] [Tear]

--------------------
Put not your trust in princes.

Posts: 4894 | From: On the left of the big pink bit. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through the thread [Votive]

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

Adding one for RooK's family, especially the little girl who has him wrapped around her fourteen-month-old finger. [Votive]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

Well, time for me to hate and resent my way through another 20 hours of drudgery with no clear likelihood of reward.

I think there's a prayer in there somewhere, but I'm too hacked off to articulate it.

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] remembering you all [Votive]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially AdamPater and Nickel and those whose deaths they mourn.

Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Auntie Doris. And for the Misters.

For Huia.

For Mum H, for healing. For the black dog to stop sniffing round.

For Curious.

For encouragement and trustworthy associates for Meg the Red.

For healing for Welease Woderwick.

For Starbug and the colleague/friend.

For healing for Otter.

For Pearl, her friend Janet, Janet's husband David, and the church family. May Janet rest in peace and rise in glory.

For quelling of the bushfires in New South Wales, and for those fighting the fires, and for those in danger of losing their homes, livestock, and properties or who have already suffered losses in these areas.

For ErinBear, for healing.

For nickel, and for Bryan, and for Bryan's family and coworkers and all those facing the loss of him.

For AdamPater, and for Tom and those who mourn his loss, especially for those who cannot understand why.

For RooK's family and for fourteen-month-old baby rook.

For malik3000 (all carcinomas be gone!!!) and for Mama Cat and the baby cats.

For Diomedes' D to feel encouraged and surrounded by allies. (And to actually be that way, not just feel that way…) For Diomedes' son to defeat the bullies, and for the bullying boss to soften that heart of stone.

For Lucia, for healing, and for the kids not to catch it. For B and K facing the loss of their child.

For healing for Raptor Eye's M, F, and T.

For Grammatica to have (retroactively) made a good impression. For lots of self-discipline, focus, and effectiveness.

For the fishermen missing in the Bay of Bengal.

For the parents of Kitten's Baby Alice.

For healing for L'organist's John, and support for John's wife and six-year-old daughter.

For banishment of all brain gremlins.

For Dormouse and J.

For Golden Key's friend, for healing. For healing for Golden Key, and fulfilment of private intentions, and general upholding.

For Clarence's young penal and her family.

For Nicolemr's J and J and their daughter S.

For Ariel's friend, and all in unhappy work situations and all who are still suffering trauma from workplace bullying.

For success for St Everild.

For LutheranChik's sister-in-law, her nephew Tim, and for DP.

For Kasra's colleague and her family.

For Ye Olde Motherboarde and the dog. (Is there any news?)

For my other paper to be published.

I made a lot of progress today on that thing I hate. I have some more to do on that thing I hate. I also pray that certain people will be pleased and that my voice will be heard and that I'll make the impact I want to make. all without it taking absolute aaaaaaaaaaages - please!!!!! [brick wall]

For the Telemum, and the friends she is visiting this weekend.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

And I pray for Mark who is losing his father, Ken, to old age. Lord, please ease Ken's journey and comfort his loving son.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for all those mourning Brian, a lovely man, whose sudden death yesterday has shocked our congregation. [Votive]

[typo]

[ 20. October 2013, 12:05: Message edited by: JoannaP ]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016