homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 73)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying through the thread. [Votive]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For everyone involved in or affected by a bad situation in a nearby town: a 13 year old boy, carrying a pellet gun designed to look like an automatic weapon, was shot and killed by police. There are conflicting stories. It's a huge, horrible mess.

For me: coping with and getting over a bad cold; general upholding; some upcoming medical appts.; and private intentions.

Thx.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Robert Armin

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Catching up, having been ashore lately, and praying for each by name and need

for all who need prayer

for complete healing for Mrs Shrew

for Lamb Chopped's rheumatologist to take her seriously and that the condition may be cured, and that her surgery goes well

for JoannaP and for all who are carrying family burdens -- and for JoannaP's husband and her mother

for kelly Alves and for her friend

for healing peace for Huntress

for Meg the Red's co-worker, for recovery, to be able to live her life

for Robert Armin to be able to find suitable employment that will last, and that the search will be as quick as possible with as little stress as possible.. For his knee to be healed

for the forgotten people of central Africa, having suffered and continuing to suffer warfare as great as the more publicised wars elsewhere on the planet

for our fellow animals, especially those suffering cruelty or neglect at human hands. For an end to the horrors of factory farming.
- And for all humans who are working to change things for the better,
- and for respect and understanding for their efforts

in thanksgiving for blessings God continues to shower upon me

for me, facing a number of important things i have been neglecting and really need to take care of, to be able to sufficiently conquer lethargy and lack of focus and ADHD, and get them done, In particular:
- For my lately-tightened finances to loosen up.
- And a renewed prayer that i can accomplish getting a increasingly really-needed vehicle.

[ 26. October 2013, 13:07: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Been struggling with my left leg going into compression - then needing to come out again as its shape is more awkward - so nurses are going to have to think how they'll deal with the frequent bandage slippage..

It chimes in with the feelings of having so much of my life stolen from me when I was abused as age 12... derailed EVERYTHING interpersonal...

The loneliness of being housebound catches up occasionally - am struggling again with the fact that the only touch I get regularly is the brisk professional touch from nurses re-dressing my lower legs..

Touch hunger which conflates into sex-starvation kicks in.. struggled with the occasional premium-rate call..

Would love some TLC... as the weight SLOWWWWWLY comes off.. fed up with all this...

Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For me as I try to rehearse how to explain to a 6 year old that her father (a) may not get through surgery, and (b) is never going to be the same.

And its only 17 months since we had to explain why her grandparent had died... [Votive]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the children facing difficult news [Votive] and for those who care for them [Votive]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Alex

[Votive] L'organist & family

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How dreadful L'Organist - prayers for you, your husband and your child.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks all, especially Gee D - actually my step-grandchild - a dear little soul too.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially L'Organist and family, Alex, Malik, GK and the soul of the boy who was shot - may he rest in peace.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

...and [Votive] for M & D who marry this morning.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Alex [Votive]
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Storm brewing already. Next door's garden is crammed with a literal houseful of unsecured debris. With pointy bits. :sigh:

For the safety of all in the path of the coming storm? hurricane? let's hope not, in England and Wales.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Andromeda
Shipmate
# 11304

- Posted      Profile for Andromeda   Email Andromeda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Alex
[Votive] L'organist

Please pray for me as I try to keep my head above water in a seemingly endless battle against anxiety, depression and confusion all stemming from relationship issues

--------------------
In this world you’ll have trouble. But cheer up! I have overcome the world.

Posts: 57 | From: South Wales | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
fluff
Shipmate
# 12871

- Posted      Profile for fluff   Email fluff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lou Reed

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 109 | From: South England | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Scooby-Doo
Shipmate
# 9822

- Posted      Profile for Scooby-Doo   Email Scooby-Doo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

Prayers ascending.

XXX

--------------------
Friendships multiply joy and divide grief.

[URL=http://https://[/URL]

Posts: 1036 | From: Dorset | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]

I have another potentially difficult meeting with a member of staff, which I'm really not looking forward to. What makes it harder is that this person is a friend of mine outside work and yet he appears to be deliberately messing me about at work. If he continues, he's in serious danger of damaging our friendship.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
L'Organist sorry I got the relationships so wrong, and hope that that did not add to your worries.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially those affected by the hurricane in the south of England, and for the souls of those who were killed.

Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the family of the girl killed in Kent, and the family of the man killed in Watford, and the families of the two killed in Hounslow. For safety for those in Europe still in the path of the storm, and for all who have suffered damage.

As for my street, we had not so much as a leaf out of place nor a mussed hairstyle. For a few minutes, the lights looked as though they were flickering, but that was it. I feel truly thankful.

For Starbug to have a successful meeting with her friend - whatever that entails.

For all who will miss Lou Reed.

For good relationships and peace of mind for Andromeda.

For Welease Woderwick's M&D, for their marriage to be blessed.

For L'organist, her step-granddaughter, and the child's father.

For healing for Alex, and for other aspects of life to get sorted out as well.

For complete healing for Mrs Shrew.

For healing for Lamb Chopped.

For JoannaP, her husband and her mother.

For Kelly Alves and her friend.

For healing peace for Huntress.

For healing for Meg the Red's coworker.

For healing and good employment for Robert Armin.

For the people of Central Africa, for peace and relief of suffering.

For a world that is genuinely kind to animals and humans.

For financial freedom, and a car, for malik3000. Also, carcinomas be gone!

For the boy known to Golden Key and for the boy's grieving family, as well as the police who were involved.

For healing and general upholding, and fulfilment of private intentions, for Golden Key.

For ABR's sister.

For comet and her family.

I also need to fight lethargy, which is not being helped by a hated yet very necessary chore that is going ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON. I need to successfully get it out of my life please, without sacrificing anywhere else.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. May their needs be met by our God of grace and love, and that all may know that they do not stand alone. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hilda of Whitby
Shipmate
# 7341

- Posted      Profile for Hilda of Whitby   Email Hilda of Whitby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telepath:

For all who will miss Lou Reed.

Thank you; that's lovely. Lou was and will always be one of my icons. [Votive]

Holding everyone on this thread all in the loving light.

--------------------
"Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad."

Posts: 412 | From: Nickel City | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huntress
Shipmate
# 2595

- Posted      Profile for Huntress   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have been reading and praying [Votive]

Many thanks for prayers. I saw the doctor today and am being guided. Starting to feel a bit better.

--------------------
The Amazing Chronoscope

Posts: 431 | From: Lancashire / Nottingham | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

As a result of yesterday's meeting, I now have a plan for moving forward with some staffing issues. My friend and I have reached a better understanding as well,so thanks for your prayers.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continuing prayers for Fiona who is deteriorating fast following her brain cancer surgery. She may not last till Christmas.

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the people of Syria, as if they didn't already have enough suffering
Syria polio outbreak confirmed by WHO

--------------------
God = love.

malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

[Votive] for Fiona, and for Bib and all who love her

--------------------
God = love.

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I was contacted and told, from where I have the money, that some had been stolen by somewhere! So now I have it changed and they say I have to come to them with my passport as they have cancelled the one I use to get money! It all feels sad [Frown] but pleased by God to make sure it happens quickly. [Overused]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So many needs here, so much prayer needed, such a fucked up world.

My knee is improving in that the painkillers are having their effect, but it is still hot and swollen. I will need surgery at some stage, and don't know how I'll cope with that. And I feel so lonely in all this. Oh to be in a relationship, so that I had someone to lean on when things get bad.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fiona [Votive]
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Robert Armin, for healing and companionship.

For daisymay to get her money sorted out quickly.

For the Syria polio outbreak to be contained, and for healing for those already affected.

For bib's Fiona, for healing.

For Starbug and her friend/colleague.

For Huntress, for healing.

For good habit-forming and dazzling productivity all round. For me to quickly finish the dragging-on stuff.

For the Telemum.

For S., for healing.

For G., for healing and success.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Bib and Fiona, Robert Armin, Huntress, Starbug, Daisymay, Telepath and Telemum and those affected by the polio outbreak in Syria.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

Praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please keep Josephine in your prayers. She was admitted to the hospital tonight with anemia and fatigue; it turns out she has been bleeding internally since Saturday, and has lost about half her blood. They are going to transfuse her and stabilize her, then in about 8 hours do an endoscopy to find where she's bleeding. The ER (A&E) doctor thinks it's probably a stomach ulcer, probably not terribly serious. She was pretty sanguine when I left her (get it?).

Thank you for your prayers for Josephine, and for the kids who are of course going to be worrying about their mum.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive] Josephine

[MT that pun was plain dreadful!]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That kind of pun shows how worried he must be. [Frown] Prayers for Josephine, and for her worried family. Be watchful, St Joseph. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Josephine [Votive]

For all who have worries to overcome today - whatever the cause, whatever the size [Votive]

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Josephine [Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Josephine

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One member on here whose name in RL is Carol Sheridan has been missing since Saturday 27 October. She lives in Habere Poche in Haute Savoie and a keen hiker and explores the mountains in the area. She is resourceful and fit, but she is 73 and neither her family or friends have heard from her since then. She drives Black Fiat Panda reg AZ522AP. if anyone lives in this locality or has any info please contact the French police or myself, here.

[edited to remove a little bit of information that could be picked up by a web-crawler and was open to being misused.]

[ 31. October 2013, 05:02: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016