homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 74)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying. Lord of the universe who knows our needs, spoken and held only in our hearts hear our prayers for all in need and comfort. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Bib's Fiona.

For Robert Armin.

For Huntress.

For Starbug.

For daisymay.

For all affected by the polio outbreak in Syria.

For Josephine, for healing. And for Josephine's children.

For Carole Sheridan to be found safe.

For S., for healing.

For G., for healing and success.

For the Telemum.

All the usual stuff for me please, thx.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lots of work. Not enough self-discipline. Agh.

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

for Josephine, and for Mouse thief, and the kids

that Carol Sheridan will be found safe and well

for Telepath and for Telemum

for Zoey to get done what needs to get done with as little stress as possible

for an end to the heartbreakingly horrible abuses of factory farming

in thanksgiving for the blessings God keeps bestowing on me

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for MT and Josephine, and for the lady who is missing.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through the thread, as I do from afar
Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We still have no news of Carol Sheridan in Haute Savoie. We are trying to publicise this as much as possible as she is 73 and has now been missing since Sunday. There is a thread on the website Gransnet which gives much more detail. She is a grandmother to ten and great grandmother to six.

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Silently praying through this thread regularly.

I'd value prayers for wisdom on how to deal with a colleague who is subtly racist (we also have Chinese & Indian colleagues) and sexist (the 2 main players are women), as well as being not completely competent, totally unaware that most people like to get on with work in the office & not chat all the time, and whose general behaviour indicates that he's pretty insecure. Among all that he's trying to get our manager to remove me, even though he doesn't have the skills, experience or training to do what I'm here for and he's only on a 2 month contract & I'm on a 12 month one.

Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for wisdom ...in all matters mentioned here...and those that remain within our hearts
[Votive]

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by daisydaisy:

I'd value prayers for wisdom on how to deal with a colleague who is subtly racist (we also have Chinese & Indian colleagues) and sexist (the 2 main players are women), as well as being not completely competent, totally unaware that most people like to get on with work in the office & not chat all the time, and whose general behaviour indicates that he's pretty insecure. Among all that he's trying to get our manager to remove me, even though he doesn't have the skills, experience or training to do what I'm here for and he's only on a 2 month contract & I'm on a 12 month one.

(((((daisydaisy)))))

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, hear our prayers [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lighten our darkness, we beseech thee O Lord. [Votive]

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our daughter, Willow, needs your prayers. She's got mine. She called us up in the middle of the night about an hour ago. I only picked up the phone because I thought it was school calling about a job and I had forgotten to tell the system I was not available.

Willow is in fair physical health except for complications from a broken foot. She can walk. She is a vegetarian and I don't believe she drinks or smokes.

She dropped out of community college after attempting to get a degree in theatre and even walking through graduation while short a couple of classes - I did the same thing at university in 1978 and have always regretted I did not go back and finish my degree. Then she went to university as an anthropology major. She caused a major disturbance in front of the student union. The dean suspended her indefinitely.

She is not coping well with being a non-graduate and unemployed, depending on her flatmate for lodging. She needs to finish her education and perhaps move to the Bay Area which would be a less harsh environment as well as more in line with her politics.

Please pray.

[brick wall] [Votive] [Axe murder]

Praying for all who post on this board.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Daisydaisy, Sir K and Willow.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Again I ask for prayers for the relationship of my daughter and I.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Josephine + the Mouse family.

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would value your prayers for a health problem that has come up. I don't want to go into details as the odds are that it is a minor problem, but there is a slight chance that it is more serious so I am waiting for an appointment with a consultant within the next two weeks. I am trying to focus on the likely 'minor' aspect rather than the 'serious'...

On a lighter note I am thankful that my daughter H has finally found a suitable house to rent with her friend L, and so won't be homeless in three weeks' time!

[Votive] for all here.

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the settling of an unsettled situation. Many thanks.
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by daisydaisy:

I'd value prayers for wisdom on how to deal with a colleague ....

Thank you for your prayers - today I found I am not alone in noticing this and it may turn out to be dealt with sooner than I expected.
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For grace and strength to survive what I fear will be a difficult couple of days.
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nicole and her daughter, and Nicole's brother
Sir Kevin's daughter Willow
Josephine, Mousethief and family
Pine Marten
Kingsfold
Daisydaisy

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For N, in hospital.

[Votive] For C, in pain.

[Votive] For B, with health and relationship issues.

[Votive] For all above posts.

Dear Lord, bring health, peace, and reconciliation. Amen.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear prayer Warriors, please pray for a class mate of a friend. K was hit in the back of the head and she is in the hospital with skull fractures, brain bleed and broken nose. God's blessing on her that she may recover and return to fullness of life.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Still no news of Carol Sheridan lost in the mountains of Haute Savoie. Praying she will be found and that the French media will finally give her disappearance some publicity. It's been six days now .....

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer. Amen.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Clarence
Shipmate
# 9491

- Posted      Profile for Clarence   Email Clarence   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

[Votive] Lord have mercy
[Votive] Thee we adore
[Votive] Into thy hands

--------------------
I scraped my knees while I was praying - Paramore

Posts: 793 | From: Over the rainbow | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have much work to do today and I am distracted by the fact that someone from my past, who did me great harm and as far as I know would do so again given the chance, is gaining increasing presence and influence among people closely connected to me.

I want this person away from me, and I want them to have no influence at all over my life from this moment on, even if that's just influence over my thoughts. I would appreciate guidance (and divine help!) to make this so.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
telepath [Votive]

--------------------
Pondering.

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
for telepath
[Votive]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for me, as I think through a big decision. And sorry if this is a ramble..

As some of you will know, I have struggled with my Church, since the arrival of a new Vicar some years ago. He does not see the point of me!

I am a Lay Reader, but am used very infrequently. My preaching and leading is always well recieved by the congo- the Vicar rarely acknowledges that I have been present at Church, let alone involved in the service!

Because of the circumstances of the Old Vicars sudden departure, and my involvement in the aftermath, the Church members who were there during the scandal seem to value me.

However, the turnover of the congo has been astonishing! I do not recognise at least two thirds of those now attending. The Church wardens and I seem to be the only ones who have noticed this turnover!

I am blessed in the relationship I have with the Church in which I did my placement, and who invite me to preach regularly, and also to run Childrens events. This has been a blessing and a comfort to me.

I should also add that I suffer from anxiety and depression, caused by the work I did in Child Protection. I was given early retirement and generous compensation by my employer.

To cut to the chase, having spent the last few days in prayer and in discussion with my husband (not a Christian) about what I should do, today when out shopping, I bumped into the Vicar of my Parish, who I know, having worked on a project with him. I mentioned that I am thinking about a change, and that Non Christian husband thinks I should go to my own Parish.

He immediately arranged to come and see me this week, to talk and pray.

Please pray for me and advise me. How much should I say? Should I mention that I feel very sad and bereft, or should I be forward looking, and keep my mouth shut. I do not want to criticise my current Vicar, but what can I say to explain my sudden decision to go into mainstream Anglicanism?

[Help]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Telepath - I feel your horror and your fear!

[Votive] for The Weeder - may your path become clear

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

quote:
Originally posted by Telepath:
I have much work to do today and I am distracted by the fact that someone from my past, who did me great harm and as far as I know would do so again given the chance, is gaining increasing presence and influence among people closely connected to me.

I want this person away from me, and I want them to have no influence at all over my life from this moment on, even if that's just influence over my thoughts. I would appreciate guidance (and divine help!) to make this so.

The key thing is to avoid brooding over the situation. I know this is not easy. As a regestered depressive, I really do know how hard it is to move away from this sort of pressure.

Could you gather your friends together and ask for their support, while declining to discuss the history. Explain that you need to 'rise above it', and would welcome their help in this. In effect, make them responsible for your well being.

I know it is a risk, but these people are your friends.

[ 02. November 2013, 20:40: Message edited by: The Weeder ]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Graven Image's injured friend, Telepath and the Weeder.

I suspect many of us will understand the Weeder's situation: a change of clergy can sometimes be devastating to a congregation, and all too many of us have been there, done that and got the battle-scars.

We're hoping not to be in that position: our Bishop retires next week and the Dean is on the shortlist to replace him. He doesn't particularly want the job (he reckons he already has the best job in the Diocese [Big Grin] ), and we certainly don't want to lose him - he's by far the best boss D's ever had. There's another candidate on the short-list who would make an excellent bishop, so prayers for the guidance of those whose decision it is would be much appreciated.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

Prayers for all, esp. Telepath. [Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

Particularly that those seeking a way forward will be nudged in the right direction.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
my step father died last night in a house fire.

for him, please. and his large family who are all going to feel the loss. and for my mother, please. they split up a long time ago but it was an amicable split, and they were very close.

and maybe a little pity-prayer for me, too. I loved him.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] especially for you, Comet.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Comet, and the Comet family [Votive]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
((The Weeder))

[Votive]

To explain that a situation is not working for you personally is not a criticism of anyone
If what should be a partnership is not working for you, it can't be working for the other person either
A talk with an vicar should always be confidential
God surely wants all of us to be happy and productive in his service and using our gifts to the full
Maybe time to move on - but what do I know?

Praying that you will be guided to make the right decision

Prayers for all who post here
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] comet and family

[Votive] Weeder - could you describe it in terms of growing in different directions from your church as it is now? Your current church is growing, but you personally are growing in a different direction, like plants needing different places to thrive.

One of the analogies that could be used to describe faith and churches is the vine - which is a forgiving image as time to lie fallow, time to grow in different directions, time for branches to be pruned off and used as grafts elsewhere become valid ways of developing faith.

[Votive] prayers for anyone else who needs them

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016