homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 76)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Edith, thank you for that beautiful memorial. [Votive] RIP, Atheist, and thank you for sharing yourself with us.
Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
At our house we're praying for our friend and my coworker Pat, who was just today diagnosed with breast cancer. She already struggles with MS. [Votive]

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]

Prayers for Carol, her family, and all who loved her. [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for each by name.

Atheist, we are so sorry to lose you. [Votive]

For a private intention.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Carol/Atheist

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

and extra [Votive] for Carol and all who knew and loved her and will miss her.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Carol/Atheist and all who mourn her. May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

Also for Lutheranchik's colleague and all who need prayers.

[ 07. November 2013, 02:31: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who post here,
Could I ask for prayers for my son? He finds out today if the temporary contract at a job he very much enjoys will be extended.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]

Lord, in Your mercy, receive Carol and comfort her friends and family at this dark time. [Votive]

I have to hold a formal interview with my miscreant member of staff on Monday afternoon following an investigation. Sadly, he chose to lash out and make wild accusations about me and some of his colleagues instead of taking responsibility for his actions; unless he has a sudden change of heart, it won't be a happy meeting.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who post here, the the sick, the bereaved, those in any kind of distress.

Lord, have mercy [Votive]

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Carol and all who love and miss her.

I ask your prayers for me, please - not in a position to give details at the moment but I have a health issue which is not resolving as I and the docs would like. So I'm still being prodded and punctured and measured and am a bit weepy and fed up with it all. Also prayers for TME as he has to bear my anxiety as well as his own. Thank you.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
((jack)) and [Votive]
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Jack the Lass and TME.
[Votive] C, who is in much distress.
[Votive] B

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all intentions;

Lord, have mercy,
Christ, have mercy,
Lord, have mercy.

[Votive]

And for all blessings;

Thanks be to God.

[Votive]

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying. May our Lord's healing power come to all. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Carol

[Votive] for all who love her and miss her

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Carol and all who mourn her passing.

My son has an extension on his contract for another three months as long as he does a couple of things which should be doable. A good result we think.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all on here. And consoled by those who have prayed for my friend and her family.

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all who have asked.

Lord, surround us and those for whom we pray with your love, your comfort, your strength and your peace.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for each by name.

I am drowning in my own bad habits. Gnaaa.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the people in Asia who are in the path of Typhoon Haiyan, especially those in the Phillipines, where it will first make landfall.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for me and my family as I've got stomach surgery in an hour. Thanks.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all.

[Votive] Especially for LC and family.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Lamb Chopped,for a speedy recovery
Telepath, for buoyancy
Carol's family, for comfort
The people of the Philippines, and others in the path of the typhoon
For all here, and those they care for
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could you please pray for one of the children I look after? He's just lost his grandfather, who was in hospital with a head injury, who seemed to be getting better before half-term, but obviously took a turn for the worse and passed away during the break, so my 11 year-old is not in a good place at all. He's normally so sunny & sociable and he has such a big heart/feels things really deeply, as when I asked him what the matter was, he said he was scared of disappointing me. He's an only child, so has no siblings to share his pain with and perhaps feels that the parent who hasn't lost their dad needs to comfort the one who has. When he's miserable he has this ability to make everyone around him miserable and cross with him, which his parents need prayers for. So please hold the H family in the Light, and pray for me to have the wisdom to know what to say to V today, as even though I went through a similar experience at a similar time in my life, but am spectacularly crap at getting the words mangled and making things worse!

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially LC for her surgery, JtL and FM's wee friend and the soul of his grandfather: may he rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you everyone for prayers. They have let me out of hospital for a few hours, but still want me in overnight. Now that I've posted on the Arrivals Hall thread I can give a few more details - TME and I are having a baby, due mid-Dec but likely to be earlier thanks to my horrific blood pressure (I won't give numbers, let's just say as a nurse I'm not enjoying seeing them!). I'm thankful they have pretty much ruled out pre-eclampsia (which is what they suspected when they admitted me on Tuesday from the clinic) but would really appreciate prayers for all 3 of us that they get the amount/combo of medication right so I can get home and we can be well. Also if possible for me to hang on for another couple of weeks (when I will reach 37 weeks) rather than delivering sooner.

In amongst being a rubbish patient, it is actually a bit scary as well.

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Jack, TME and safe arrival of baby elf.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

I am reliably informed by a plethora of nurse friends that the only patients worse than nurses are doctors!

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

(actually I think lawyers are worse patients than doctors, but this is a bit of a tangent [Big Grin] ). Thank you everyone for your prayers, it means a lot.

--------------------
wiblog blipfoto blog

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my daughter in law's family in the Philippines, she hasn't heard from them since the typhoon and is worried sick

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Philippines

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for Lamb Chopped and her family.

Also for D, recovering from a stroke, and R after a tricky operation.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For LutheranChik’s Pat, for healing.

For Carol Sheridan, her family, and all who loved her. For the search party that found her. God rest her soul.

For Gussie’s son to succeed!

For Starbug and her miscreant staff member.

For Jack the Lass, for healing. For upholding for TME.

For Japes’ C and B.

For all in the path of Typhoon Haiyan, especially those affected in the Philippines. Especially for the family of Kitten’s daughter-in-law.

For Lamb Chopped, for healing, and for upholding for her family.

(Thanks QLib, I have found buoyancy! I feel very right at the moment and I’d like to stay this way!)

For the child known to Freelance Monotheist. For him to be comforted, and for strength for his parents.

For Gee D’s D and R, for healing.

For kingsfold.

For justice for Nenuphar’s daughter. For healing for Nenuphar’s daughter’s mother-in-law.

For Jengie Jon’s plumbing needs, retroactively…

For healing for Sioni’s T.

For Chive, Grammatica, malik3000 (carcinomas be gone!), Ye Olde Motherboarde and all who mourn Mr O.

For the three deacons ordained in piglet’s Cathedral.

Retroactively, for Welease Woderwick’s bureaucracy antics to go smoothly.

For success of my side-project, and quickly!!!

I am starting to get on top of things, I think.

For the Telemum.

For S., for healing.

For G., for healing and success.

For another G. For R.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm fixed, home, and ouchy. Also cranked up on painkillers, so will only say [Axe murder]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Good to hear, LC! [Yipee]

[Votive] for JtL, TME and Bump, and all affected by the typhoon, especially Kitten's family.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through after a few days away

Especially for the Phillipines

Lord, in your mercy hear our prayers

[Votive]

--------------------
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases

Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for the repose of the soul of my cousin, Bob, who died, aged 81, on Thursday last.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Praying through for all.

And please pray for me, as I attend my Parish Church tomorrow, and for the following fortnight, to attempt to discern if I should worship and serve there, as a Reader, rather then in the Church I currently attend, where I have many friends, but little opportunity to excercise my Reader ministry.

The Vicar and I have met, and we both want to see Gods will in the situation.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Bob [Votive] and for (((Pete))).

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For LambChopped, for healing.

For Jack the Lass and TME, for healing and a safe arrival.

For all affected by the typhoon, especially Kitten's family.

For PeteC to be comforted in the loss of his cousin Bob.

For The Weeder and the vicar in question, for guidance and discernment.

I am worried about Visiting Cat, who went outside after vomiting. He may very well have been exposed to lily poisoning. Please pray that he comes in soon and that we can get him to the vet quickly if need be.

For the Telemum.

For success of my endless, unrelenting side-project.

For S., for healing.

For G., for healing and success.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016