homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 78)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May I ask for prayers for ErinBear? She's had endless problems with her feeding tube and her gastroenterologist has advised her to go straight to the clinic in San Francisco which is treating her and insist on being seen. She's frail, it's a long journey by public transport, and she hasn't a clue what will happen when she gets there. Please pray!
Posts: 2456 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying. Lord have mercy. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] ErinBear.

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] saysay [Votive]

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Diomedes' friend.

For ErinBear.

For Huia.

For Kitten's son.

For Lucia.

For piglet's Electoral Synod.

For Pine Marten, for healing.

For Pious Pelican.

For saysay, for guidance and safety.

For Starbug.

For Ye Olde Motherboarde.

For L'Organist's John.

For the safety of Tristan in Sheffield.

[ 15. November 2013, 23:25: Message edited by: Telepath ]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Saysay and Erinbear.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

For a friend who's just started a new job, after years as a stay-at-home mom. Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a dear friend and beloved colleague who is in the public spotlight in a truly horrible way, as the father of a teenager victimized in an apparent hate crime. The perpetrator had his first day in court yesterday, which put all kinds of hideous ideas and details in the public eye. My friend has, so far, handled everything with amazing dignity and grace--I can only imagine the strength needed to do that, and so I send prayers out to give him (and others in the family unknown to me) more strength.

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for I-M's friend and his family, and all others who need prayers.

Thank you to any who prayed for our Electoral Synod - they've elected the Archdeacon to be the next Bishop, which presumably means we get to keep the Dean.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
At the beginning of this year I started reading, praying and posting on this thread. Then in August I went away for a week and somehow when I got back I never got back into the habit... so I feel embarrassed and awkward to come back now and ask for prayer, but I feel so in need of it.

I feel incredibly stressed about work next week. It's our busiest time of year, we're two people down, and I've got to do lots of stuff I have no idea how to do and I don't think I can cope. If I can get through next week things will be relatively ok but I just don't know how I'm going to manage it.

And as if that isn't enough there are big changes happening at church and I'm worried and depressed about that too. I really need to focus on the church situation and work out how I'm going to deal with it but all I can do at the moment is panic about work.

Please pray.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying...

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Lord, take away the lurking fear and give us all Your peace.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks to Margaret and everyone else who remembered me in prayer. I'm really grateful. I did make it to the hospital in San Francisco. I'm not a "squeaky wheel" sort of individual, so it took a lot of effort and various tactics to try to get help. I ultimately had to go through the emergency room instead, but it worked, and I'm grateful even if it was quite difficult. Thank you all for your support.

Reading through the list and praying. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

((Erin Bear)) - may your recovery be continuing.

Abigail - [Votive] for your work next week - it'll be over before you know it, and you never know - you might end up really impressing your boss, which is always a good thing.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all.

Please pray for me as I try to decide/ discern whether I should move from the Church I have been attending for years, and instead attend my Parish Church.

There are all sorts of reasons to stay- particularly 7 God children in the congregation.

But I am finding it a struggle. I am a Reader, but the current Vicar does not give me much to do. I was very involved during the previous incumbancy and the vacancy but not in the selection process. This was my own decision.

I was very ready to welcome the new Vicar but his reaction to me was totally hostile from the start. I really have no idea why.

I have tried to work with/for him, to be content with what the little he gives me to do, and to support all he is doing.

But I am now so tired.

There was a 'last straw' a couple of weeks ago, immediately followed by my happening to park beside the Vicar of my own Parish, in town. After a brief conversation, he offered to visit me. When we spoke, I was careful not to 'diss' the current Church. Mr Weeder (NOT a God Botherer!)was involved in the discussion, and was impressed by him.

The Vicar suggested that I attend the Parish Church for 3 weeks, 'sit and see', he called it.

I am into week 2 and feel very welcomed and at home. I am astounded at the range of services on offer, as opposed to the 'one size fits all' of my current Church.

Please pray that I will make the right decision, that I will hurt no-one in whatever I decide to do, that I can maintain relationships and friendships.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Abigail, I'll ask the angels to help you through this week.

[Votive] All those with health problems. May those troubles rapidly diminish.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Saysay and ErinBear.

For Golden Key’s friend, for success.

For infinite_monkey’s friend, for justice for the friend’s child, for repentance from the perpetrator, and discretion from the press. For the rest of the family.

For grace and aplomb for Abigail. For a successful outcome for the church situation.

For discernment for The Weeder.

For R. who has flown home to what he expects will be his mother’s deathbed. Lord, have mercy.

I need to stamp out all bad habits, finish a big awful side-project, and generally display lots of grace and aplomb myself darn it.

For the Telemum.

For S., for healing.

For G., for healing and success.

For JL, who is down in the dumps professionally.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

And for a private intention.

--------------------

Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all those who dread Monday mornings because of problems at work, school or college.
For D, who begins to feel sick with anxiety every Sunday evening, and the many others who share this awful situation.

--------------------
Distrust simple answers to complicated questions

Posts: 129 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For wisdom....for most of us...and esp this coming week for The Weeder

[ 17. November 2013, 22:12: Message edited by: Ethne Alba ]

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially the Weeder and those facing work-related diffs.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

I am struggling with my disciplinary situation. I have to prepare a pack of evidence bu Wednesday and it seems never-ending, plus all the rest of my work is just piling up untouched in the corner...

Please also pray for J, a member of our church. Her son was murdered two weeks ago and his body has only just been released for burial. Her husband died of cancer about 15 years ago, so she lives alone but she has a lot of friends in the church to support her.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who have posted

For those who read this thread but find it difficult to ask for prayer

For those who keep the Ship afloat

[Votive]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

I have a busy week head, a truckload of marking to complete plus I'm busy with glass orders from my shop and a wholesale sewing order. Please pray that I can keep on top of my workload, especially the marking as that is my paying job, and that I don't get too stressed as that tends to trip my bipolar. Many thanks.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm a wuss with a flu. [Roll Eyes] A few spare prayers wouldn't go amiss.

Warm thanks!

[Votive] for all

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

[Votive]

for Wesley

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Diomedes’ D, for a respectful working environment.

For discernment for The Weeder.

For Starbug to stay on top of things. For J. to be comforted in her loss. For justice for J.;s son and repentance from the murderers.

For Heavenly Anarchist to stay on top of things.

For healing for Wesley J.

For a smooth ballet of efficiency for me and a roaringly successful week at work.

For R.

For S., for healing.

For the Telemum.

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for S, a young woman who is struggling with devastating news about her own long-term health and future prospects.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, hear our prayers

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Doing well here, half the essays marked and in good time, I am ahead to my goals. many thanks.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Still need help and guidance and hope.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Starbug, HA and Saysay and their work, and QLib's friend S.

Wesley, if it's real flu, you're not a wuss. [Votive]

If it's Man-flu, you are a wuss but [Votive] anyway.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

Thanks for your prayers. I've almost finished the evidence pack. After that, I have to prepare my presentation for the disciplinary hearing next week. I did manage to get some of my other work done yesterday, which is a relief.

Apologies, I should have said that J's son was murdered two MONTHS ago, not two weeks - she's been waiting all this time for his body to be released. The funeral will finally be held this week. I don't think there's a date for the trial yet, though.

[ 19. November 2013, 05:53: Message edited by: Starbug ]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For D & N and their three children. D is dying of pancreatic cancer.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Visiting Cat. We thought he needed to go to the vet, so we tried to catch him. He got outside and is probably thumbing a lift to John O'Groats right now. [brick wall]

--------------------

ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For healing for S.

For Heavenly Anarchist to stay on top of things.

For help and guidance and hope for saysay.

For Starbug, and for J in her loss.

For healing for Wesley J.

For Lucia’s D and N and their three children.

For R.

For S., for healing.

For the Telemum and her teleknees.

For Visiting Cat to please come in and stop hating me. Also, for resolution of the thing that made me think he needed to be caught and taken to the vet.

Everlasting Project is everlasting...

--------------------

Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Steph, awaiting a start date for her new job

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

I am still praying and thinking about my possible/probable move to the Parish Church, as opposed to the one I have attended for some years.

The Vicar of my current church has been in touch, and is visiting me to discuss the situation.

I need a lot of prayer. I do not want my hurt about the way he has related to me- or rather not related...)to get in the way of discussion. But I find it hard to trust him. He has made promises in the past, during my training, which came to nothing.

I just want to know what God wants me to do! [Help]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

...and an extra [Votive] for The Weeder.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016