homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 79)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  ...  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying through the thread.
[Votive]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zacchaeus
Shipmate
# 14454

- Posted      Profile for Zacchaeus   Email Zacchaeus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Weeder:
I am still praying and thinking about my possible/probable move to the Parish Church, as opposed to the one I have attended for some years.

The Vicar of my current church has been in touch, and is visiting me to discuss the situation.

I need a lot of prayer. I do not want my hurt about the way he has related to me- or rather not related...)to get in the way of discussion. But I find it hard to trust him. He has made promises in the past, during my training, which came to nothing.

I just want to know what God wants me to do! [Help]

Soemtimes God tells us, but we take a long time to relaise he has said so.(If you see what I mean.)
maybe the random meeting with your parish vicar meant something?

Posts: 1905 | From: the back of beyond | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Visiting Cat has not been home for over 24 hours, not even to eat as far as we know. Please let him see sense and come inside.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a private intention, please.

Reading every day and praying for all here [Votive]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Kitten’s Steph.

For discernment and diplomacy for The Weeder.

For Jack the Lass.

I think Visiting Cat may have decided to move out, because he’s been seen at his old haunts. But he doesn’t have anywhere satisfactory to go. I am really upset because of all the months I spent trying to install a sense of safety and family in the fraidiest cat I have ever seen, and now I’ve undone it all. I wish he would just come in where he really is safe, even if he doesn’t know it.

For S., for healing.

For G., for healing and success.

For me to successfully have served two masters by the end of this week.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

I really need help, but don't have any idea who I can trust, much less actually ask.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Job hunting. My boss is making life unbearable for everyone in my unit, and dragged me into HR today, calling me a liar and incompetent. I'm not going to outlast him, I think, though sooner or later the truth will come out. But I won't be there to see it.
Please pray that I be able to provide for my family.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

(((Lamb Chopped))) I've been bullied at work and it's horrible.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name, for peace and resolution of difficult situations, and for health.

And (((LambChopped))) [Votive]

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through [Votive]
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Too much work. Not enough time. Worried about getting into serious trouble with it all. [Frown]

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
D and N and their children. D is not expected to live more than another 24 to 48 hours now. Pray for a peaceful passing into the arms of his Lord. And for those left behind.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all posting here [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For say say to get the needed help.

For a great new job for Lamb Chopped, stat.

For Zoey to get on top of the workload.

For a safe passage home for Lucia’s D. For N and their children.

For me to have successfully served two masters by tomorrow.

For S., for healing.

For G. and S. and S. and in particular for S. to stay on the straight and narrow.

(visiting cat please come home)

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for everyone. [Votive]

And if people could spare a few for my brother, still out of work, and facing a possible large car repair bill, I'd be thankful.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Payers for my five week old grandson, please - suspected meningitis. Very worried.

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for the dying D, plus N and family.

[Votive] for the baby with suspected meningitis.

And prayers for all.

--------------------
Pondering.

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just heard that D has passed on into the presence of the Lord. May he rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive]

A man who served his Lord halfway across the globe from his home and leaves a legacy of many lives touched for God's glory.

May those who loved him know comfort and peace in these days, especially N and their children.

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the repose of the soul of J, for all who mourn.
[Votive] For the repose of the soul of baby S and for his parents.
[Votive] For C, who is unsettled and worried by his mother's illness.
[Votive] For all in need of prayer.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Brothermr to find work and be able to afford any necessary car repairs.

For healing for Edith’s grandson.

For Lucia’s D, may he rest in peace and rise in glory. For upholding for N and the family, as well as all those he left behind, including Lucia.

For the repose of the soul of Japes’ J, and of baby S. For comfort for all who mourn J, and comfort for S’s parents. For C’s mother to be healed.

For a successful and fast end to my never-ending project.

Visiting Cat came home! It seems that three days of reviewing his options led to the conclusion that we’re not so bad after all.

For S., for healing.

For the Telemum.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially LC, Zoey, Nicole's brother, Edith's grandson, Telepath and her mum.

[Votive] for the souls of Lucia's D and Japes' J and S and for all who mourn them.

Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Ian, who this year lost his wife, subsequently had a heart attack, and while recovering from that has now just lost one of his grandchildren. He feels that every time he starts to cope he just gets knocked off his feet again and is finding it really difficult right now.

[Votive]

Edith
Shipmate
# 16978

- Posted      Profile for Edith     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who have asked for prayers. Baby has finally had a cannula inserted. EColi found in lab tests. Watching waiting and praying.

--------------------
Edith

Posts: 256 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all who have asked our prayers, and that in praying those in need will feel they are less alone. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Ian and his family, and continuing prayers for Edith's grandson.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayer appreciated for middle son, M, who is having a rocky time in his marriage right now.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is this the same son who was having troubles a year or 18 months ago?

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
Is this the same son who was having troubles a year or 18 months ago?

No another one. That first one is happily by himself and is much better off, having seen what his partner is up to. This has come totally out of the blue to me and he is hoping everything works out well for him and all of them.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers then that all works out well and quickly

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Prayers for all.

Please, lord. Something, anything, some clue, something?

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Lucia's D and Japes' J and S.

For Ariel's Ian.

For Edith's grandson.

For Lothlorien's son M.

For saysay.

For R. and his mother.

For S., for healing.

For P. and E.

For G., S., and S.

For my never-ending project to move to its next phase successfully this week.

For a rip-roaring week of productivity.

For the Telemum.

--------------------

Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for comfort, healing and resolutions for all.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all... [Votive]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

Praying for comfort, healing and resolutions for all.

--------------------
Was "mummyfrances".

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Saysay and Lothlorien and M.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  ...  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016