homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 81)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

I feel so stupid, asking for prayers on here. Especially with so many so much worse off..

But I need help. There's no other way to say it.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's never stupid to ask for prayer!

[Votive] saysay [Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for saysay [Votive]

Asking for prayer is definitely not stupid

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Saysay [Votive] Long distance prayers from the other end of the world.

Just had the news on and heard about the helicopter landing on a crowded Glasgow pub. Prayers for all involved.

Like wise the couple and baby who were hit by flying building materials here in Christchurch. All have serious head injuries.

Huia

[ 30. November 2013, 07:28: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was also about to notice and pray for the people who are now in hospital after being hitted by helicopter in their pub, which jammed it. There are still others stuck in it. It's in Glasgow, and on the news it said some have died [Frown] [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ags

Knocked up
# 204

- Posted      Profile for Ags     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For help for saysay [Votive]
For the dead, injured and bereaved in Glasgow and for all those trying to help. Have mercy, Lord [Votive]

--------------------
I think that we are most ourselves at our best, because that is what God intended us to be. The us we really like, the us that others love to be with. Moth

Posts: 2707 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For saysay, for Comet's animal companions, for all who post here. May God uphold us through the difficulties of our lives.

I have not been on much recently, but ask your indulgence for my requests. Please uphold my oldest nephew in prayer. He is a recent graduate who has been collateral damage of the Great Recession, but now has a chance at a job that would be an excellent fit for him. If it is not to be that, then pray for some other good thing, please. And please pray for me: several big plans are (so to speak) simmering away on my stove simultaneously. Pray that none grow cold or boil over due to my negligence, laziness, or timidity. Please pray, if you are willing to, for my homeland, which was formerly part of the Soviet Zone, and now faces, along with the entire region, some very big and consequential decisions in the near future. Pray that we all make those decisions well, or at least better than we've done in the past.

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For a personal intention...

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Bene Gesserit’s personal intention.

For saysay.

For the healing and safe return of comet’s pets.

For Grammatica’s nephew to get that job, or if not that one, another one (fast). For all of Grammatica’s big plans to come to fruition. For Grammatica’s former homeland, for good decisions to be made.

For the dead, injured and bereaved in Glasgow and for all those trying to help.

For the couple and baby who were hit by flying building materials in Christchurch.

For all those on the missing Mozambican plane.

For me to succeed without letting anyone down.

For good habit forming.

For S., for healing.

For G., for healing and success.

For G. and her family.

For T. and his family.

For R.

For O.

For E. and P. and D.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Saysay, you mustn't ever feel stupid asking for our prayers - it's what we're here for. [Votive]

[Votive] also for those affected by and killed in the helicopter crash in Glasgow, and all others who need prayers.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers requested for a difficult personal situation.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For the people caught up in the New York train derailment today.

[Votive] For those who died, and for their families.

Lord God, let them know your love embraces them.

Amen.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For LeRoc's difficult personal situation to be resolved in the best possible way.

For all affected by the helicopter crash in Glasgow.

For all affected by the train derailment in New York.

For L., for urgent healing.

For R., for urgent healing,

For S., for healing.

For G., for healing and success.

For the Telemum.

All my usual stuff - is making progress! More please.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A friend has asked for prayer for himself and family about something potentially important tomorrow. (Monday)

Sorry, but I'm not at liberty to give details: don't let that stop you praying.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers appreciated please for a private intention [Votive]
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying through. [Votive]

Many thanks for your prayers on Friday. It was a difficult meeting, but I had a very strong sense of being upheld in prayer. Miscreant staff member has been given a final written warning: this is his second. I pray that this opens his eyes to his responsibilities.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who have asked for prayer, and for all Ship Mates in need of prayer

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all.
Chamois
Shipmate
# 16204

- Posted      Profile for Chamois   Email Chamois   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Posts: 978 | From: Hill of roses | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thank you for all who have prayed for me and TME the last few weeks - as announced elsewhere our beautiful daughter arrived last week. I'm gradually emerging from the post-birth fug and hormonal roller-coaster and starting to feel vaguely human again!

I'd appreciate prayer for the wee one and me, that we get this feeding business sorted out. I think we're getting there, but it's two steps forward and one back, and those backward steps are so hard to cope with even though I know we're still basically going in the right direction. She's so tiny, and working so hard.

Still managing to read through the thread, with grateful thanks for this community and prayers for all the needs here, expressed and silent. [Votive]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

This afternoon as I walked up the road, an elderly man was trying to walk and fell down and hit his head at the shop! [Frown] I shouted to the man in the shop and they came out and all three of us managed to lift him up, and they got him something from the shop to sit on. I don't know if they had to get him to the hospital, but he was in lots of pain and scared to try to walk again. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through and praying for all. [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

I need some guidance, right away please, as to whether a particular project is viable. kthx

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Telepath
[Votive] for Jack the Lad
[Votive]

[Votive] for all of us who need prayer.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray - a school with which I am involved has an inspection tomorrow.
The inspectors don't give much notice of an impending inspection in the UK, and "the phone call" was received at lunchtime today...they start tomorrow morning at 8am.

Please pray for the staff, pupils and governors, that they all give a true and honest and good account of the work of the school, and that "politics" don't cloud the issue.

Thx.

Prayers for all who have posted and Telepath, and JtL (and Elfling, not forgetting TME)

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all needs above and also for those whose needs are only known to God. Holy and Merciful One hear our prayers.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have maybe a weird request.

I'm coaching kids in drama (and debate, but it's drama we're relating to, here) these kids have had the same two coaches for the last ten years, I'm new. When I was interviewed, I was asked about my philosophy on kids addressing controversial topics. I was honest - art happens at the edge of the cliff. you can stay way back, and be safe; you can try to push those limits too much, and go crashing down. but you touch people when you're on that edge.

So okay. the school people know where I stand on drama.

My kids have recently gotten their teeth into pieces that are controversial. good pieces. well written. powerful. but risky! And at our last tournament, the edgy pieces did very well. The pieces that went to final were about teenage mothers, the failings of sex ed in the schools, creationism, and a message from a mother to a daughter about how life will fuck you up.

big stuff. And because those tough subjects got a big response, the kids are now hungry to do other big subjects. their new pieces deal with mental illness, disability, alcoholic parents, and general heartbreak.

and now, my youngest student, who is from a VERY CONSERVATIVE HOME, has decided to do a piece on homosexuality. it's excellent. it will be a challenge for her, as she is building on a minimal skill base. but that's okay. and she's passionate about that piece, which is what we want. And she told me today that there is no way she can rehearse at home because her father would throw her out. I also know she is in a questioning place with her own sexuality.

I'm proud of my kids, and I believe what they are doing is empowering on many levels. I support them, and all along the way we talk about the difference between being on the edge and just being offensive.

So I'm asking for prayers for them, to be able to withstand some of the trouble they may come up against in trying to be young truth walkers. especially for my one freshman girl, who is risking harmony in her home by trying to speak truth.

and a few little prayers for me, please. that when members of the community get a head of steam on them, that I can handle it with grace, defend what the kids want to do, while still hearing the concerns and be able to walk that little cliff edge myself.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the loving, living Light.

[Votive]

...and an extra [Votive] for comet's kids.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all the needs expressed here.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For comet's kids.

[Votive] For my parish.

[Votive] For J, a teenager, struggling with rapidly deteriorating vision and hearing.

[Votive] For me as I return to a physical place that was a desperately unhappy place to be.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Prayers appreciated, please. Flu basically gone (thank you!), but still feeling quite miserable, and back at work...

[Votive] for all.

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in a 'too much to do, so indulging in avoidance behaviour because I feel overwhelmed' kind of mood. Need to get out of it and get on with stuff but finding it hard to do so... Prayers appreciated...
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all.
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Needing some help dealing with a higher-up who's in the habit of using anger to intimidate underlings - today I've been the lucky recipient.

Dear God, I'm so tired of having to deal with this bullying shit again.

Please pray I can hold it together enough to function - I don't want to give the bastard any satisfaction.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I went for an interview with no expectations of getting the job. I didn't - but I was offered another, temporary post from Jan-Aug next year. It's not great pay, it will be hard work, but it is something solid. So thank you for all your prayers.

And a special [Votive] for Comet's student, and for all young people struggling to come to terms with their sexuality. This week I have been enormously encouraged by the example of Tom Daley - it took me years to be a little bit as open as he now is at 19.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016