homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2013 (Page 82)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2013
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Comet's student and for everyone who asks our prayers here. For a co-worker of mine, a valuable person in our organization, overwhelmed by duties that better management would take off her.
Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all by name. [Votive]

Especially all those struggling with work - too much, not enough, the wrong kind, management issues from either side... Lord in Your mercy, hear our prayers.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I would like prayers for my cat, Taffeta, please. She has pancreatitis. It's just been diagnosed, so she's started on anti-nausea meds before we start her on others, but I can't afford this. Between the initial visit and lab tests ($380) and now the meds, and the expensive food she won't eat (so I end up throwing it away), I'm really concerned about how to pay for this. My finances are pretty bad right now - I guess I could also use prayer for a new job or something. Depression isn't helping, either.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading through and catching up with prayers. [Votive]

I'm continuing to pray for the poor sad bairns here who miss their friends. We have funerals Thursday, Friday and Monday, so please remember us then. [Votive]

Please pray with me for Miss R, a troubled pupil of mine. Her behaviour is inappropriate and she uses the accident as an excuse. I was ashamed of her last week, and because I was so angry, I made the mistake of saying this out loud. Please pray for grace into this situation, as I need to forgive her, and she needs to forgive me, and herself. [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For my friends S and D and their families after the sudden death of a close family member (one where relations are strained), for other friends M who is struggling with depression and J who is struggling with separation and lack of control of her situation, for N with church related matters and for all those involved in that, for those at work struggling with the stress of preparing for Christmas while anticipating the likelihood of OFSTED. So many friends dealing with so many different issues. And prayers that I might support them well, with wisdom and compassion and strength.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For something to go smoothly tomorrow, please? I know frustration is the discipline through which we advance, but...

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Eldest son has just been told he will have major back surgery early next week. Disc replacement and some fusion. I don't know all the details yet. This is to fix problems from first surgery where so much was removed from the disc that it has become unstable and is degenerating. All from fall down fire stairs at work three years ago which also led to two ankle reconstructions.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. Please spare some for me too... some tenseness at work has got me down.

[Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

Miscreant staff member has now generated even more work for me, as if I wasn't behind enough already due to preparations for his disciplinary. I I don't know whether to curl up in a ball and sob or kill him. Please pray for me to have more patience, grace and more sleep. If only he could employ some of the brains he was born with, that would be an added bonus. Apologies for the tone of this, I have truely had enough. [Help]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
snowgoose

Silly goose
# 4394

- Posted      Profile for snowgoose   Email snowgoose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please send some prayers if you can. My doctor has decided to change my depression meds and it isn't going well. I am crying a lot. I don't want to go out among people because I'm afraid I'll start crying for no reason.

Then yesterday a different doctor scheduled me to have an endoscopy the Friday before Christmas. I have always been terrified of choking, so this is adding to my anxiety.

--------------------
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man? --Terry Pratchett

Save a Siamese!

Posts: 3868 | From: Tidewater Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I hated those too, Snowgoose. The doctors may give you some Valium to relax you (and your throat muscles) [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

[Votive]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for those on the East coast of England who are facing floods and/or evacuation from their homes due to the weather and a tidal surge.

Please also pray for rescue services including the coastguard and RNLI who are on duty tonight. Lord, keep them safe and they keep others safe. [Votive]

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We used to live in Norfolk, and the village we lived in expects some flooding, Mrs Sioni has family living close to the River Trent in Nottinghamshire and my brother and his wife live near Wisbech. It's damp at home but all those areas mentioned are either flooding or likely to soon. People with memories are hoping this doesn't turn out to be anything like the storm surge of January 1953.

[Votive] For everyone sheltering from the weather and especially those who have lost homes, property and loved ones.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

I remember, as a small boy, walking with my mum down from where we lived in Grays to Tilbury and seeing the devastation after the 1953 floods.

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

--------------------

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying though and holding each need before the throne of God.
Hear us as we pray.

Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pious Pelican
Shipmate
# 13120

- Posted      Profile for Pious Pelican     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'd like to ask for prayers for some unholy administration snafus which are unfortunately my fault - well, combined with a certain amount of mental illness on my part. I feel I've tested people's patience a lot. I'm hoping it can be resolved and that people will be forgiving. I hate messing up like this.

--------------------
O Lord, thou hast searched me out and known me: thou knowest my down-sitting and mine up-rising, thou understandest my thoughts long before.

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Frustration was the discipline, and I did advance through it.

Once again, I need to have successfully served two masters by this time tomorrow. Maybe later tomorrow. I need a smart combination of energy and politics.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all intentions.

[Votive]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all who need them today. God bless. [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

[Votive]

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've made a decision not to go to church tomorrow. I didn't go last Sunday either. This is almost unprecedented for me. I don't want to go into the reasons but I just can't face it at the moment.

The trouble is I feel really guilty. And when I don't go to church I miss it terribly and feel very lonely. I can't sort out what I want/need/ought to do. Please pray

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

I need guidance very quickly (like, within the next hour) about whether I'm flogging a dead horse and should stop. Or not.

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Guidance for Telepath, and that she has the wisdom to tell good guidance within all the information coming her way.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Telepath and Abigail.

Abigail, would it be worth considering going to a service at a church other than your own? What about Choral Evensong at a cathedral, where you can be anonymous and let the beauty of the music and liturgy inspire you?

--------------------

Ye Olde Motherboarde
Ship's Mother and Singing Quilter
# 54

- Posted      Profile for Ye Olde Motherboarde   Email Ye Olde Motherboarde   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
On November 26, my friend, Joseph, was told by the person who rents him his house that he want the house back by CHRISTMAS! Do you know how hard it is to find a house to rent in December???
Well, it is very hard. He's looked at some real losers that pass for houses and in 18 days he has to be OUT. I'm calling everyone I know to ask if they know of any place.

Please send prayers heavenly that Joseph, his wife and son have a place to move into by Christmas.

--------------------
In Memory of Miss Molly, TimC, Gambit, KenWritez, koheleth, Leetle Masha, JLG, Genevieve, Erin, RuthW2, deuce2, Sidi and TonyCoxon, unbeliever, Morlader, Ken :tear: 20 years but who’s counting?..................

Posts: 4292 | From: Looking for more trouble to get into | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I've just been reminded by a friend that N, her 17 year old daughter, has her driving test tomorrow. She is a competent young woman but her dyslexia sometimes saps her confidence and I fear it may do so here. Prayers and upholding please.

[Votive]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers requested for a difficult personal situation.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray this week for J & J. J is my elder, he is going in for major surgery this week and is in his eighties. They are as medics using technical language to avoid the alarm words. J is his wife. They are stalwarts of my congregation and close friends of mine.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

[Votive] A home for Joseph and family.

[Votive] Health for Jengie's J, peace for his wife, J, Le Roc and confidence for N, taking her driving test.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all, especially those in stressful situation at a more than usually stressful time .
Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] For all who post here and those who are not able to do so.

Please pray for me tomorrow as I lead Morning Prayer for the first time at my theological college - I am so excited and so nervous at the same time as I just want this to be good enough for God! thank you [Angel]

Harmony Hope

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016