homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » small group series on saints / heroes of faith

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: small group series on saints / heroes of faith
Custard
Shipmate
# 5402

- Posted      Profile for Custard   Author's homepage   Email Custard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm wondering if anyone can point me towards some materials for some small-group studies on saints or heroes of the faith.

I'd prefer something which could be done in 5-7 weeks, fairly light on prep, easily led and rolled out. Kind of marriage course type format or something, but doesn't have to be DVD based.

Anyone know of such a resource?

--------------------
blog
Adam's likeness, Lord, efface;
Stamp thine image in its place.

Posts: 4523 | From: Snot's Place | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not sure if it is still in print, but 'Restoring the Woven Cord' by Michael Mitton isn't too bad. It looks at saints from Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England (basically the Celtic tradition). It is divided up into chapters that can be read easily during the week and each chapter ends with a few thoughts, suggesting readings and prayers and questions for discussion.

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
South Coast Kevin
Shipmate
# 16130

- Posted      Profile for South Coast Kevin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What about Streams of Living Water by Richard Foster? If there's a study guide or you can find some notes on the internet, then it might fit the bill. Otherwise, it's probably more suitable as a resource for personal study but it's a good'un, IMO. A biblical, ancient and modern example of people illustrating what Foster sees as six main 'streams' of Christian tradition.

--------------------
My blog - wondering about Christianity in the 21st century, chess, music, politics and other bits and bobs.

Posts: 3309 | From: The south coast (of England) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016