homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Daily Office

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Daily Office
DitzySpike
Shipmate
# 1540

- Posted      Profile for DitzySpike   Email DitzySpike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A heads up for those interested in electronic copies of the Liturgia Horarum in ePub or Kindle formats.
Posts: 498 | From: Singapore | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Oblatus
Shipmate
# 6278

- Posted      Profile for Oblatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DitzySpike:
A heads up for those interested in electronic copies of the Liturgia Horarum in ePub or Kindle formats.

Now downloading it via my Kindle's "experimental" browser. Many thanks, DS.

[Overused]

Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for this [Overused]
I've downloaded it to put on my Nook.

--------------------
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Antiphon
Shipmate
# 14779

- Posted      Profile for Antiphon   Email Antiphon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just downloaded it to iBooks on my iPad. An excellent resource!!!
Posts: 235 | From: Nowhere in Particular | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Antiphon:
Just downloaded it to iBooks on my iPad. An excellent resource!!!

Me as well. It is incredibly well-done. I'd like to see other eBreviaries look this good.

Ditzy Spike, I was just wistfully dreaming about the Daily Office threads of yesteryear about a week ago, and then you happened by! Have there been any other recent developments in the world of daily prayer? It seems we are going through a dry spell.

Posts: 8953 | From: Ad Midwestem | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Oblatus
Shipmate
# 6278

- Posted      Profile for Oblatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Olaf:
Have there been any other recent developments in the world of daily prayer? It seems we are going through a dry spell.

The Order of St Helena will send you a CD containing PDF files of their Saint Helena Psalter and their complete office with chant, the Saint Helena Breviary, Monastic Edition, for a $25 donation. Further information here. I jumped at the chance and have the files loaded on my tablet. The breviary is well bookmarked for easy navigation.
seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Evening Prayer tonight - of All Souls or of the Sunday?

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
According to my ordo: of the Sunday unless celebrated with the people, in which case EP II of the Office for the Dead may be used.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, Hart!

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Carys

Ship's Celticist
# 78

- Posted      Profile for Carys   Email Carys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our question this morning was CWDP Saturday order or All Saints to Advent order. We went for the latter as we'd done a supplemental celebration* of All Saints' yesterday, but wasn't the answer the lectionary gave as it was still on Ordinary time psalm cycle, not seasonal which starts on Monday. Very confusing time of the year.
Carys

*Yes I know, I'd rather keep it fully on the day, but not the tradition here

--------------------
O Lord, you have searched me and know me
You know when I sit and when I rise

Posts: 6896 | From: Bryste mwy na thebyg | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Was at Rosary and Mass with an RC bishop - definite opinion in favour of All Souls taking precedent. One assumes the same for EP. But didn't know I should switch to tomorrow for private devotions...

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
DitzySpike
Shipmate
# 1540

- Posted      Profile for DitzySpike   Email DitzySpike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The three volumes set of Divine Office in the East Syrian rite can be downloaded as epubs from this site. The Antiochene daily prayers are a whole lot more contemplative and gently moving, compared with their Byzantine counterpart. I have used the Western Syrian books for quite a while.
Posts: 498 | From: Singapore | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016