homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Cars we drive (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Cars we drive
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm still driving the same car as I was ten months ago.

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a new Smudgemobile [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

It was hard to part with the old one. As the boy commented, it was iconic - everybody knew my lovely green Kangoo as it was so instantly recognisable. It had done me good service for nine years or more but was just too tired to continue, poor thing.

The new one is the same make, just fractionally more powerful and considerably more gadgetty (for example, the central locking works and the windscreen washer actually squirts water onto the windscreen). What's more, it makes progress along the road without the slightest hint of giving up the ghost, which is always a relief. It's a tiny bit wider than the old one, though, as I discovered when I first tried to park it!

I love the height and visibility of it and the fact you have lots of headroom. And the boot is just sooooooo useful. It also helps that it is incredibly easy to spot in a carpark. I do rather like my new Smudgemobile.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad you're happy with your vehicle. I firmly believe, given the money, that every one should be able to buy the ideal vehicle for their needs: that said, I would dearly like to buy a new top-of-the-range Mustang Shelby GT 350 convertible with a manual gearbox next year or some sort of hot rod, but my lovely bride is against it as I had light-years too much fun with the black Mustang convertible that I leased back in 2003...

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:
I'm still driving the same car as I was ten months ago.

Me, too. Except that it now has almost 117,000 miles on it. [Biased]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I own, free and clear, a 1996 Geo Tracker. The DMV (Dept. of Motor Vehicles) insists on calling it a Chevrolet convertible. Long story. It has been very handy for snowy bad roads this winter, since it's a 4 wheel drive.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Felafool
Shipmate
# 270

- Posted      Profile for Felafool         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love my 4 year old Toyota Prius, which is paying for itself after my previous gas guzzling Honda Accord coupe. I loved that car also, but the Prius is bigger, more luxurious, better equipped, and over 50k miles of mixed driving it is averaging 54 mpg. If I keep to 55mph I get 74mpg!
And I get to creep up behind people in car parks!
I like the hybrid engine so much, I'm buying a Yaris hybrid for the woman I love.

--------------------
I don't care if the glass is half full or half empty - I ordered a cheeseburger.

mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sir Kevin wrote:

quote:
Hondas are jalopies: they are mostly slow and they don't last.
Au contraire! My best mate has a 16 year old Civic hatchback with nearly 250,000 miles on it. The head has never been off it, the body has yet to start looking scabby, and I don't think he's spent more than £150 on it in any year. Many years, he's spent nothing except oil and filters. Great car. If your ego can deal with a beige velour interior [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2007 Toyota Tarago 3.5 litre V6 (Previa in other markets) 8 seater in gold. 86000 kms. That's 200KW pushing through the front wheels of a large van. Replacing front tyres is a regular activity.

1996 VW Golf Cabriolet 2.0 litre 4 cyl manual. Silver. 102000 kms. In need of a new exhaust, and generally starting to show it's age.

The fleet is under review with Biggest about to start learning to drive. I fear there is no option but for said fleet to expand to three, but I don't want to do that until Middle starts to drive, lest his brother irrevocably takes possession of the third car. Finances permitting, the end result will be one of the three cars being of my choosing and for my use in my mid-life crisis mode. It will have a folding roof and enough kahunas to ensure rapid progress. It will be some vintage Americana or something like a Benz CLK500.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr Curly - a very early Ford Thunderbird lives in a well-known large house on the highway not far from us. Just the bench seat in front, no rear seat and a folding top. With one that age, you could probably swap to right hand drive easily enough, with parts from the period Ford Customlines. If you're talking really old and classic, just remember that Pierce-Arrow did not change the steering over to the left until 1921; almost all quality French, Belgian and Italian cars kept the wheel on the right until WW II, Lancia until 1955.

As to Biggest's learning to drive - before either of us took Dlet out for his first drive, we booked him into full day course at a well-known driving school, with its own track, and just opposite St Ives Showground. Very useful, well worth the money, and he went back for half day courses about halfway through his L plates and again just before he went for his test. If you book the test at Belrose, Biggest can have a lesson beforehand, and then the instructor will drive him to Belrose RMS and he do the test on the same car. Dlet had to do 120 hours, and these counted double or triple time, can't remember which. There's also a lot of night driving to be done. Since Madame took him out in daylight, I covered the night.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1998, Dodge Neon. 58,000 miles on it. Looks brand new, smells like cats. It's been perfect for me, I hope it lasts another 16 years.
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a 1998 Saturn wagon with 123,000 miles on it. It's a great car; I especially appreciate the fact that the body is not metal. It still looks very good.

I hope it lasts as long as I do.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mark_in_manchester:
Sir Kevin wrote:

quote:
Au contraire! My best mate has a 16 year old Civic hatchback with nearly 250,000 miles on it. The head has never been off it, the body has yet to start looking scabby, and I don't think he's spent more than £150 on it in any year. Many years, he's spent nothing except oil and filters. Great car. If your ego can deal with a beige velour interior [Big Grin]
1986 Accords built in Japan are v. unreliable. I was working in downtown LA when the '86 hatchback I was going to buy from my sister blew its engine and it had well under 100,000 miles; my late mother gave me her '86 saloon and the automatic gearbox went south and it was not rebuilt properly, circa 120,000 miles...

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am still driving the same Ford Focus I had when I came aboard the Ship. I am less than 2k miles short of the distance light travels in one second.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Felafool:
I love my 4 year old Toyota Prius, which is paying for itself after my previous gas guzzling Honda Accord coupe. I loved that car also, but the Prius is bigger, more luxurious, better equipped, and over 50k miles of mixed driving it is averaging 54 mpg. If I keep to 55mph I get 74mpg!
And I get to creep up behind people in car parks!
I like the hybrid engine so much, I'm buying a Yaris hybrid for the woman I love.

I've got a Yaris Hybrid that I use as my driving tuition vehicle and for personal use. I love it and it cut my fuel costs overnight. My pupils love it too, but in the early days it confused the driving examiners who though the candidates had forgotten to switch the engine on!

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Campbellite,
Still with the original catskin seat covers?

[ 28. February 2014, 16:43: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
After suffering with one of the vilest of Mitsubishi's crapulous creations we've had nothing but VW diesels, though the current Golf has not entirely been a transport of delight. It had an abusive previous owner, but like all diesels, there is something pleasantly sensual about the sound and feel of it. The previous VW Jetta/Bora (depending on where you live) was still so good at 365,000 km that it was worth stealing, but not worth the effort of the police to even try to find it. It was a lovely car and much better than its successor. It flew like the wind and its fuel consumption was negligible. A Good Car.

There was a time with a Triumph Stag, a case of unashamedly yielding to pure lust. It had its flaws, but a gorgeous beast, so it was.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Curly:
.. Finances permitting, the end result will be one of the three cars being of my choosing and for my use in my mid-life crisis mode. It will have a folding roof and enough kahunas to ensure rapid progress. It will be some vintage Americana or something like a Benz CLK500.

How about this?

Folding, moving (260hp/265ft-lb, 0-60 in 5.5 for US version), and modern (4-cyl, turbo, direct injection).

Recently discontinued and instant classic; look for Opel GT in Europe.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm still driving my 2010 Mazda 3, which I love--it's the best car I've ever owned--though I'd happily replace it with the 2015, with the Skyactive technology that gets 40 mile per gallon... or, if I win the lottery, with a Tesla Model S.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a 2010 Prius, which usually spends the coldest, snowiest part of the winter in the garage while we drive DP's venerable Jeep Explorer, but which we've had to call into service this winter because of some repair issues with the Jeep.

We love the Prius' gas mileage, of course; and despite our epic snowfall this winter and the Prius' low clearance, so far we've been able to drive even poorly plowed country roads. (Although we had a close call last week when we found ourselves in a blowing-snow whiteout that was rapidly drifting much of the snowbank right into our side of the road.)

And -- last year we got sideswiped on the freeway by a larger vehicle; it could have been a much worse accident, but I credit the Prius' construction and handling ability for keeping us unscathed and on the correct side of the guardrail. [Eek!]

Also -- we've found that the Prius has incredible storage capacity for such a small car. A couple of years ago we had to go to Florida for almost three months to help our seriously ill son-in-law; we decided to drive, and we were able to pack a lot more than we thought we could.

The only real negative I can list for my car is the tendency of the battery to run down in very cold weather if we don't drive every day (this is remedied by starting it and letting it run in between trips). Having driven heavier vehicles most of my life, I still sometimes feel like I'm riding around in a little tin can; and especially when we're alternating driving the Prius with the Jeep, it's jarring to go from sitting up high ("I'm Queen of the World!") to feeling as if I'm sitting only a couple of inches off the ground.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
sebby
Shipmate
# 15147

- Posted      Profile for sebby   Email sebby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kia Picanto. Less means more. Top of the range or bottom of the range. A Rolls or a crappy beaten up tin can suits.

--------------------
sebhyatt

Posts: 1340 | From: yorks | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Philip Charles

Ship's cutler
# 618

- Posted      Profile for Philip Charles   Author's homepage   Email Philip Charles   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1987 second hand Japanese import Toyota diesel. A mere 350,000 km. Expecting another 100,000 km out of it. Air Con long gone. No problem with Warrants of Fitness.

--------------------
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Posts: 89 | From: Dunedin, NZ | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

quote:
Originally posted by JB:

Folding, moving (260hp/265ft-lb, 0-60 in 5.5 for US version), and modern (4-cyl, turbo, direct injection).

Recently discontinued and instant classic; look for Opel GT in Europe.

May I have right of first refusal if you ever decide to sell it? I plan to put the fwd crate motor version into my old "Vectra" surfer wagon when it hits 200,000 miles or sooner if my 160-horsepower 2.2 liter DOHC4 with five-speed manual gearbox fails earlier. Does your car have six speeds like the Focus and Fiesta STs or only five?

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not what I drive, but what my mother did 55 years ago:

Borgward Isabella

Her's was white. Comfortable, roomy enough for 3 growing children and the weekly shopping, and well made. My father was a bit worried about the handling in the wet though. In retrospect, it was nowhere near as tricky as a BMW of the New Class and later, and a good set of Michelins would probably have wrought a great improvement.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gee D:
Not what I drive, but what my mother did 55 years ago:

Borgward Isabella

Her's was white. Comfortable, roomy enough for 3 growing children and the weekly shopping, and well made. My father was a bit worried about the handling in the wet though. In retrospect, it was nowhere near as tricky as a BMW of the New Class and later, and a good set of Michelins would probably have wrought a great improvement.

Another memory jolt... One of our neighbours had the diesel version of that car. The local kids used to gather round to watch the owner start it - the noise and the smoke were amazing, like a tyrannosaurus farting. Not like my polite little diesel Golf.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Weatherwax
Shipmate
# 11920

- Posted      Profile for Weatherwax   Email Weatherwax   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Sir Kevin wrote:

quote:
Au contraire! My best mate has a 16 year old Civic hatchback with nearly 250,000 miles on it.
Mr. Brown currently drives the Honda Civic I bought brand new (before I met him) in 1991. It now has 343,000 miles on it and a small bit of rust, but still running strong. Our new car is a 2003 Toyota Camry that has 304,000 miles on it. I'm catching up!

TEB

--------------------
If thou couldst empty all thyself of self, Like to a shell dishabited, Then might He find thee on the Ocean shelf, And say—" This is not dead,"— And fill thee with Himself instead.
(formerly TE Brown)

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I never learned to drive.

Did have some lessons once, but I was crap at it, and couldn't really afford them either.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TE Brown:
quote:
Sir Kevin wrote:

quote:
Au contraire! My best mate has a 16 year old Civic hatchback with nearly 250,000 miles on it.
Mr. Brown currently drives the Honda Civic I bought brand new (before I met him) in 1991. It now has 343,000 miles on it and a small bit of rust, but still running strong.
I drive a 1991 Honda Civic hatchback with a mere 156,000 miles on it. If I get as much mileage out of it as you have from your car, it may be the last car I own! [Yipee]
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ruth, I'm with you! I hope my car lasts me the rest of my life! Hopefully I have a lot of miles yet.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ken:

Did have some lessons once, but I was crap at it, and couldn't really afford them either.

Haven't even had lessons.

There are "bad driving genes" in my family. Aunt T was comfortably the Worst Driver in West London so Mrs Sioni drives while I am navigator and Designated Drinker.

It is a major contribution to road safety.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm driving a 1998 Saturn with 123,000 miles on it. I hope it lasts as long as I do.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Silver 2008 Volvo Station Wagon. So suburban I know but it comes in handy for hauling around my art installations, hay, and other things. Hubby drives a bright red 2013 Hyundai . Alas last year after 40 years of riding without one accident the Harley is no more. Age finally caught up, and good since said time to get off.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
I'm driving a 1998 Saturn with 123,000 miles on it. I hope it lasts as long as I do.

Moo

I've got about 134,000 miles on mine and it can still cruise at 100 MPH. I get about 32 MPG on long trips and it is still fun to drive!

--------------------

deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2011 Honda CRV Turbo Deisel automatic.

It's nice enough. I'm one of those weirdy blokes who doesn't get excited about cars. I drive 130 miles per day for work and I have a bad back so I need something comfy, easy to drive and good on the motorways or in traffic, and the CRV fits the bill nicely.

When we bought it, mrs deano was the one doing the choosing of the options and such like. I just wanted an auto box and rear parking camera. Everythign else was her choice.

Now ask me about guitars and amps and I might become a little priapic [Eek!]

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deano:

Now ask me about guitars and amps and I might become a little priapic [Eek!]

Redeeming feature: Check.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
sebby
Shipmate
# 15147

- Posted      Profile for sebby   Email sebby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ken:

Then you are in good company: Michael Ramsey; Rowan Williams; Ronald Blythe.

But I am not sure if they were crap at the lessons or ever had any.

--------------------
sebhyatt

Posts: 1340 | From: yorks | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We downsized recently from two cars to one.

My little KA car was sold. I was very sad but agreed it was for the best. We are both semi-retired and someone is always at home for the pooch. Mr Boog cycles as much as he drives and it was a good excuse for him to buy a swish new town bike. But I was adamant that I'd never like the Passat Estate - too big, two difficult to park, nowhere near as nippy as my beloved KA.

I was wrong - I LOVE the Passat! It has become
my car. The cruise control is brill. It accelerates like an aircraft and is no more difficult to park. The big space in the back fits Tatze's travel crate and she loves it too.

Just one thing I miss from the KA car - the heated front screen. Why don't all cars have one?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I ran over something in a dark car park last week so the Focus is at the body shop. Its temporary replacement is a 300 horsepower Chevrolet Impala, a huge car but fast and pretty. It is unfortunately front-wheel-drive with a surprisingly fast-shifting automatic gearbox with manual-shift capability. I wish it had flappy paddles like the Jaguars I drove at an event a few years ago...

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016