homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Lent Madness

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Lent Madness
Photo Geek
Shipmate
# 9757

- Posted      Profile for Photo Geek   Email Photo Geek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lent Madness begins on March 6. The brackets are posted.

--------------------
"Liberal Christian" is not an oxymoron.

Posts: 242 | From: Southern Ohio, US | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, goody! One of the best things about Lent besides weight loss. [Big Grin]

I notice they are getting down to the less well-known holy ones having used many of the Biggies in past years. And I like their new "ecumenical" Celebrity Blogger.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our vicar has suggested three "disciplines" for our Lent: filling miter boxes with change for helping our youth ministry, attending our Wednesday soup supper/study group on the Desert Fathers and Mothers, and -ta-daaaa!- studying the saints of Lent Madness. [Yipee]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I loved today's battle - the slightly barking Christina versus the heavy-weight Basil! No contest in my opinion.
I love learning about these obscure fathers and mothers of the faith.

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

quote:
Originally posted by Curious:
I loved today's battle - the slightly barking Christina versus the heavy-weight Basil! No contest in my opinion.
I love learning about these obscure fathers and mothers of the faith.

So naturally I voted for Christina. [Two face]

--------------------

Horseman Bree
Shipmate
# 5290

- Posted      Profile for Horseman Bree   Email Horseman Bree   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for the links. Hadn't noticed it before. Looks good

--------------------
It's Not That Simple

Posts: 5372 | From: more herring choker than bluenose | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
New to me as well. Thank you.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the link - loving this !

--------------------
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016