homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Happy New Year: or, Fuck Off 2013 (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Happy New Year: or, Fuck Off 2013
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, that year sucked.

there were high moments, as all years have, but in my book, we can toss 2013 into the trash and start over.

lowlights of 2013? house foreclosed on. moved away from the village I loved. dog died. friends died or moved away. the list goes on.

I know I'm not the Lone Ranger here. Anyone else want to give 2013 a giant middle finger?

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you have a fireplace or woodstove?

If yes, sit in front of it with 2013 calendar in hand. Gather your loved ones around.

Open calendar to January, recall briefly together whatever direness visited you that month, tear it off with as much noise and violence as you can muster, and burn it all the way down to ash.

Move on to February. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's a ritual some friends & I invented, and we find it satisfying.

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Life can be a bitch .

Apart from one real shit turn-up for the books, I can't say 2013 hasn't dealt anymore than other years.

It'll soon be 2014 , we're still here . I'll drink to that fact alone.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your 2013 sounds like my 2006. That was one of the shittiest years of my life. 2007 was a pretty average year, but compared with the one I'd had before, it was brilliant.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2013 was better than 2012 but that is all. I used to use a variation of a pilot's saying about plane landings; "Any year you walk away from isn't all bad". Then three years ago I was in bed with a broken foot and modified that to "Any year you can crawl away from isn't all bad."

This year I watched my job turn to crap and all the other members of the research group I was in all quit. I finished my project and quit in May. I've spent the remainder of the year going to film festivals, losing 30 pounds of the 130 I need to lose and dealing with various health issues. I'm going to start looking for a new job this January. In the mean time I've been wondering if I've prematurely retired. We shall see if then if this was a good year or not.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a pretty good 2013, really.

Right up until August. Then it became messy. Can we rewind to August?

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mommy make the bad year go away.

And don't let it come back.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll drink to that.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought of you guys.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought of you, Kelly.

NSFW - swearing in scottish

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Axe murder] [Axe murder] [Axe murder] (Dear Diary: He's thinking of me!)

(After watching a bit) What the everloving fuck?

[ 30. December 2013, 08:57: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Herrick
Shipmate
# 15226

- Posted      Profile for Herrick   Email Herrick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
February 2013, 50 yo sister-in-law died of breast cancer leaving a partner and two adult children.
Late March 2013, 58 yo brother died of suspected heart disease. Cause of death couldn't be determined as his body was not found for nearly two weeks.
July 2013, I was diagnosed with tonsil cancer and underwent treatment from August until early November. Treatment was some oral/dental surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy. I still feel quite sick from it.

Yes please can I have some other year? Hard to imagine one worse than this.

--------------------
A careless shoestring in whose tie
I see a wild civility

Posts: 1194 | From: NSW | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
The Undercover Christian
Apprentice
# 17875

- Posted      Profile for The Undercover Christian   Author's homepage   Email The Undercover Christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2013 felt like being in a tumbledrier to me. Seemed to go round and round, without actually going anywhere, and I emerged from it with some sizzling grazes.

Also in 2013 our tumbledrier broke.

(not because I got into it, I hasten to add)

Happy to see it plopped onto a Viking longboat and sent, flaming, over the waves.

TUC.

--------------------
http://www.theundercoverchristian.com

The Undercover Christian
Apprentice
# 17875

- Posted      Profile for The Undercover Christian   Author's homepage   Email The Undercover Christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Thoughts and prayers with you and yours, Herrick. [Votive]

--------------------
http://www.theundercoverchristian.com

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, 2013 can fuck right off. Sincerely hoping 2014 is a much kinder year.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've ended 2013 with a leaking hot water heater (is only one year old; I hope it's still under warranty), a tooth that needs a root canal, another tooth that's also bothering me (dentist's office has been closed since before Christmas; will reopen today), and my father in the hospital. Still one more day to go. What else will happen? [Frown]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
orfeo: I had a pretty good 2013, really.

Yes please.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
jbohn
Shipmate
# 8753

- Posted      Profile for jbohn   Author's homepage   Email jbohn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fuck 2013. That is all.

--------------------
We are punished by our sins, not for them.
--Elbert Hubbard

Posts: 989 | From: East of Eden, west of St. Paul | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
quote:
orfeo: I had a pretty good 2013, really.

Yes please.
If we're doing that can we have early June please?

Actually, a lot of bad things stem from a decision I made in May 2010. Although, there again that itself flowed out of consequences of an event in 2006. But to be honest things haven't been great since the Big Stupid Decision(*) of 1998.

Erm... Definitely agree on the rewind but can I get back to you on the actual date?

(*in retrospect)

Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Suze

Ship's Barmaid
# 5639

- Posted      Profile for Suze   Email Suze   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yep, 2013 can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned, apart for one or two highlights it's been shitter than a shitty thing. Return of a long standing, but until recently dormant, mental health problem has been the icing on the cake. Fucking awful year.

--------------------
' You stay here and I'll go look for God, that won't be hard cos I know where he's not, and I will bring him back with me , then he'll listen , then he'll see' Richard Shindell

Posts: 2603 | From: where the angels sleep | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Terrible year. Can't wait to see the back of it. Next year may be worse, but in different ways.
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anglo Catholic Relict:
Next year may be worse, but in different ways.

A change is as good as a holiday.

[/platitude]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know it's already gone for some Shipmates, but I've got a few hours left here in this terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad year.

I've got major housing and employment issues, which I'm sure most people looking at me would identify as my worst problems (thankfully the legal ones seem to have ended). But, no, for me this was a banner year in terms of realizing that any number of people I've considered friends and trusted for a long time are lying, back-stabbing krillfuckers. I still haven't even wrapped my head around what would possess them to do some of those things (and they're the kinds of things that if I had heard about them doing them to others I'd have had issues). All of it made worse by the fact that the people I was hoping might help me sort out the truth have thus far declined to do so.

I keep trying to comfort myself by telling myself that the truth always outs. Eventually. But eventually isn't good enough for me right now.

I hate not being able to put together a coherent narrative that might make sense of this shit.

There are a whole bunch of things about the world that no longer seem worth even trying to improve anymore. Because humanity just sucks and people are selfish bastards who would rather not be marginally inconvenienced or made slightly uncomfortable.

Bah.

Good-bye you wretched fucking year. Keep your misery and general hatefulness.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having come from the Purg thread about profanity, I can't type what I want to type...

Could New Year's Eve just hurry up and finish? Please? I can't stand this "holiday."

Posts: 8953 | From: Ad Midwestem | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
New job, but on the other hand - any year where I have to advise a colleague on how to support a client whose baby has been raped qualifies as a shit year.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Let''so look on the bright side for a moment. It's now 2014. That means that NEXT YEAR we can get rid of Cameron and his arse tag Clegg

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Stephen the Stoned
Shipmate
# 9841

- Posted      Profile for St. Stephen the Stoned   Author's homepage   Email St. Stephen the Stoned   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
Let''so look on the bright side for a moment. It's now 2014. That means that NEXT YEAR we can get rid of Cameron and his arse tag Clegg

*Like*

Sorry. Thought I was still on Facebook.

Happy New Year everybody.

--------------------
Do you want to see Jesus or don't yer? Well shurrup then!

Posts: 518 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sadly the thing that made 2013 ghastly for our household can only be solved by two deaths. Which sounds terrible, and will be, but my goodness, extreme old age is not fun for anyone in our family.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anglican_Brat
Shipmate
# 12349

- Posted      Profile for Anglican_Brat   Email Anglican_Brat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:

Here in Canada, I'm praying that our current overlord will call an election and we'll no longer have Stephen Harper as PM.

--------------------
It's Reformation Day! Do your part to promote Christian unity and brotherly love and hug a schismatic.

Posts: 4332 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hope everyone remembered to open all the doors and windows at midnight to let the old year out and the new one in. Terrible bad luck if you didn't do that, and it will be 2013 all over again.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2013 was the Year that Almost Got Me There. I pray fervently that the Powers-that-be will send me an e-mail after January 6th Taking Me There.

So I can get the job that I want.

And for Hell's sake: Dear You, on the Board. Your uncouth comment about the character of the residents of my province of residence was dangerously near the line. Please keep your wits about you, I'm not hired yet.

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
PaulBC
Shipmate
# 13712

- Posted      Profile for PaulBC         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Undercover Christian:
quote:

Thoughts and prayers with you and yours, Herrick. [Votive]
I'll join you with a prayer and a hug Herrick
Get better [Votive] [Smile] [Angel] soon

--------------------
"He has told you O mortal,what is good;and what does the Lord require of youbut to do justice and to love kindness ,and to walk humbly with your God."Micah 6:8

Posts: 873 | From: Victoria B.C. Canada | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
PaulBC
Shipmate
# 13712

- Posted      Profile for PaulBC         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good bye 2013 RIP
Hello 2014 with all it's possibilites
God bless the lot of us [Votive] [Angel] [Smile]

--------------------
"He has told you O mortal,what is good;and what does the Lord require of youbut to do justice and to love kindness ,and to walk humbly with your God."Micah 6:8

Posts: 873 | From: Victoria B.C. Canada | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's 2014.

And it's pissing me off already.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adeodatus:
It's 2014.

And it's pissing me off already.

It's certainly pissing down already. Cold and wet in South Wales, with a good half inch of rain expected. That's not much of itself, but every bloody day? The first weather and flood warnings of the year have been issued, mostly for Scotland.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stercus Tauri:
Hope everyone remembered to open all the doors and windows at midnight to let the old year out and the new one in. Terrible bad luck if you didn't do that, and it will be 2013 all over again.

It was too cold. Oh well, I am cursed anyway. [Frown]

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

daronmedway
Shipmate
# 3012

- Posted      Profile for daronmedway     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My brother and I talked about this over Christmas. He said that while he couldn't bloody wait to get this year out of the way, he also realised how weird it is to think that the mere flipping over over a calendar will somehow recalibrate life's crap-o-meter.

[ 01. January 2014, 17:20: Message edited by: daronmedway ]

Posts: 6976 | From: Southampton | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Highfive
Shipmate
# 12937

- Posted      Profile for Highfive   Author's homepage   Email Highfive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My 2012, 2013 and 2014 are blended together in one huge long slog. It will be over when I wake up one morning and realise that I'm ready to take a punch again.
Posts: 111 | From: Brisbane | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have had much worse years than 2013, never-the-less, being slightly 13-phobic I am glad to see the end of it. I was constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jbohn
Shipmate
# 8753

- Posted      Profile for jbohn   Author's homepage   Email jbohn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stercus Tauri:

Too blasted cold for that here - it'll have to make do with the chimney.

--------------------
We are punished by our sins, not for them.
--Elbert Hubbard

Posts: 989 | From: East of Eden, west of St. Paul | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

I freaking hate 2014 so far. In just under 40 hours I've burst into tears at least half a dozen times, probably more. I'd like to exchange this new year for one that functions properly.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
I freaking hate 2014 so far. In just under 40 hours I've burst into tears at least half a dozen times, probably more. I'd like to exchange this new year for one that functions properly.

I've got you beat re crying. But the upside is that maybe it will get better as the year progresses.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
2013 was not the best of years what with an RTA and resultant broken wrist, etc. I know that troubles are what add spice to life and all that but I could go for a solid 12 months of plain old boring happiness.

Do you hear me, God?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Think of it as getting the misery over early.

I am not passing any judgment on the year or any expectation for the year to come. On the same basis as not jumping wildly up and down while on a small paper raft going down a river full of crocodiles.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm putting the year 2014 on notice. Stop sucking right now! Only 48 hours in and I've lost a buddy to a knife fight, and a friend is losing his son to the prison system...WTF [Mad]

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fuck those arbitrary marks on the calendar that focus undue attention on expectations and hopes; magnifying the pain, elevating the level of suffering.
Really, I suppose, it is simply fuck expectation. Fuck hope. Fuck trust. Fuck the vile, unredeemable, worthless, lump of shite species we are.
I'm crawling into bed and I'm not coming back out.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
David
Complete Bastard
# 3

- Posted      Profile for David     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I can win this one:

One child had surgery to realign their spine, including the fusion of 9 vertebrae.
One child had a hemithyroidectomy.
One child thinks she would be happier living as a gay man.
One wife was hit by the menopause.
One me was brutally sodomised by a black dog.

And to top it all of we've elected a fucking Abbott government and are currently reaping the maggoty rewards.

Posts: 3815 | From: Redneck Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by David:
One child thinks she would be happier living as a gay man.

So let her be happy. I've met a person who's in exactly that situation and made the change.

--------------------

David
Complete Bastard
# 3

- Posted      Profile for David     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
So let her be happy. I've met a person who's in exactly that situation and made the change.

You're right, it's exactly the same scenario, they could almost be identical twins! Wait till I tell her:
quote:
Darling! Great News! Someone on the internet who doesn't know you from fuck has solved all of your problems!
Or, you could just keep your worthless advice to yourself.
Posts: 3815 | From: Redneck Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by David:
quote:

You're right, it's exactly the same scenario, they could almost be identical twins! Wait till I tell her:
quote:
Darling! Great News! Someone on the internet who doesn't know you from fuck has solved all of your problems!
Or, you could just keep your worthless advice to yourself.

*Shrug* I just can't decide how to respond to the fact that you decided to indicate she would become a gay man, and decided to go with a low-key 'it's not the end of the world' rather than flat out asking whether you're both homophobic and transphobic.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016