homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Craft Projects, Recipes and 99 Other Uses: The Hell pet thread. (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Craft Projects, Recipes and 99 Other Uses: The Hell pet thread.
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To Hell with people and their pets.
No, I do not hate pets. Nor do I hate people.* I do get annoyed at the bullshit surrounding pets.
1. They are not essential
2. Your desire to have fluffy-wuffykins drown you in saliva or mark you as territory does not give you the right to let them shit everywhere and destroy the local ecosystem.
By all means have a pet, but manage it properly! Or perhaps we should consider having you put down**

*Welllll, not all of them.
**For those whose brain function beyond the stem is impaired, this is hyperbole.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The thing that bugs me most about some pet owners is that they call their pets their "children" and/or refer to themselves as "pet parents." I am besotted with my two cats, but they're cats, for fuck's sake -- they're not fill-ins for the children I never had.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't always control where my dog craps. But I pick it up, never fail. I've even walked back several blocks when I got caught without a bag. People who don't clean up after their pets need to know that they make us all look bad.

(On a personal note, if you put up a sign regarding my dog's crap, consider putting a two liter bottle full of plastic bags under it. It shows a little understanding for those of us who try to do the right thing.)

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My mother does that--calls the dog her daughter, etc, I mean. I refuse to be a sister to someone furry who craps in public.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Prester John
Shipmate
# 5502

- Posted      Profile for Prester John   Email Prester John   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Og, King of Bashan:
I can't always control where my dog craps. But I pick it up, never fail. I've even walked back several blocks when I got caught without a bag. People who don't clean up after their pets need to know that they make us all look bad.

(On a personal note, if you put up a sign regarding my dog's crap, consider putting a two liter bottle full of plastic bags under it. It shows a little understanding for those of us who try to do the right thing.)

As someone whose yard seems to be the toliet for the pets of every lazy jackass on the block, I commend you for cleaning up after your dog but I don't see why your neighbor should bother providing you plastic bags. Shouldn't you bring that with you before you leave your house?
Posts: 884 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
The thing that bugs me most about some pet owners is that they call their pets their "children" and/or refer to themselves as "pet parents." I am besotted with my two cats, but they're cats, for fuck's sake -- they're not fill-ins for the children I never had.

Oh lord, yes. I know some truly frightening examples. Extending to photos of the pet to hang over the bed.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:

Oh lord, yes. I know some truly frightening examples. Extending to photos of the pet to hang over the bed.
That the pet slept in, no doubt?

On a related note, if your girlfriend insists that the "precious baby kitties that love their mommy" get to sleep in the bed (i.e., on your face), nevermind that you're allergic, it might be a sign to run.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Prester John:
quote:

As someone whose yard seems to be the toliet for the pets of every lazy jackass on the block, I commend you for cleaning up after your dog but I don't see why your neighbor should bother providing you plastic bags. Shouldn't you bring that with you before you leave your house?
Wull, yeah, but one does run out.(I don't have a dog, and therefore do not have a dog in this fight.)

(Feel free to hate and abuse me for that one.)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:

On a related note, if your girlfriend insists that the "precious baby kitties that love their mommy" get to sleep in the bed (i.e., on your face), nevermind that you're allergic, it might be a sign to run.

No might, run.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
My mother does that--calls the dog her daughter, etc, I mean. I refuse to be a sister to someone furry who craps in public.

You've never been sister to my older brother then...

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You strike me as more irritable these days lilBuddha.

Maybe you should consider changing religions? That whole nirvana and non-attachment shit doesn't seem to be doing much for you.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
to hell with other people's pets, I'd like to eviscerate my own pet and put his hide on my wall.

my students gave me a director's gift at curtain call last night. a perfect box of chocolates. I hid it away in my closet as a treat for later.

I come in my room tonight to find a mere scrap of the wrapping on my bed. no box, no chocolates. all totally gone.

and this brown eyed, shit filled, pile of sled dog mutt trying to look all innocent. Fuck you, you little asshole!

of course, I found this out after giving him his generous second helping of posh-ass gourmet doggy food that my mom insists is better for him and does give him a very shiny coat, so I can't even deprive him of his dinner. Despite him depriving me of my treat, which does terrible things for my coat but is delicious and I deserved it, dammit.

and while I'm writing this, my idiot cat and my mom's idiot cat decide to launch an epic smack down in the woods between our houses, leading me and my son to go hunt through the snowy woods in pajamas and snowboots and flashlights to try and save these mini freaks from themselves and their enormous General Patton egos.

if it wasn't for my inability to abuse an animal's trust and my deep dislike of rodents, the whole fucking lot of them would be in nice butcher paper in the freezer TONIGHT.

[ 03. February 2014, 07:17: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Preach it, sister! Shits me too.

I have two cats. I am very fond of them. But they are cats. If they get cancer, they'll get the green dream and burial in a communal cat grave. Not so my actual children.

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
... the bullshit surrounding pets ...

... is virtually inevitable if the pet is a bull.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who will be granted individual graves.

Oh, and dogs. The whole yappy, slobbering, pawing tribe of them. No, I don't need to know its name - it's Bog Off.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We have gerbils.

We refer to them as "our babies".

I don't give a single furry fuck if that bugs you.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What you get up to with your gerbils in private is your business Marvin.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Liopleurodon

Mighty sea creature
# 4836

- Posted      Profile for Liopleurodon   Email Liopleurodon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Crazy cat lady here. Yup, my cat is "mummy's little furry baby" but that's because that's the kind of relationship we have because she's that kind of cat and I'm that kind of human. She sees me as her mother and is very kittenish and clingy around me. If she were of a more independent character I'd talk about her differently. I am aware that she isn't a human child - I don't want any of those. They're way too loud.
Posts: 1921 | From: Lurking under the ship | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I call my cat "mummy's little furry parasite". Cats are very well adapted parasites, and mummy loves them, yes she does.

If I ever get a dog I will call it Grendel.

Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
You strike me as more irritable these days lilBuddha.

Maybe you should consider changing religions? That whole nirvana and non-attachment shit doesn't seem to be doing much for you.

Like Christianity? You do not actually read posts on this website, do you?
I started this thread in an attempt to save the TICTH thread, which, ISTM, serves a function for a lot of posters here.*
And because I am irritated about the environment disasters caused by people not controlling their pets.**

*Concern for others. I do post on that thread, but not all that often.
**Concern for animals and people.
Explain to me how Christianity disagrees with these values?

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
^ Christianity has more of a 'the earth is ours to conquer and exploit and fuck the consequences' vibe sometimes.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Right then, I'll switch. That attitude is bound to make me less grumpy.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She didn't say Christianity. Maybe she meant Shinto. [Smile]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Just for the record, I am not attacking Christianity. The weakest component of any religion is people. If we can just work out how to eliminate this weakness, religion will sort itself out nicely.

ETA: 'Tis true, LR, I made an assumption. Bad, lilBuddha, no enlightenment for you!

[ 03. February 2014, 11:56: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:

In Shinto does one venerate the ancestors of one's cats?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
quote:

Good question.

But religion-wise it has been all downhill for cats since their hay-day in ancient Egypt.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

No, no. Shinto is a violent game played in the Highlands involving wooden sticks and a lot of mud, where you beat the living daylights out of your enemies. I don't know if it works with cats, but might be worth a try.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No it doesn't. They can't really hold the sticks with their paws and they have a tendency to stop playing to lick their bottom or have a snooze.
JonahMan
Shipmate
# 12126

- Posted      Profile for JonahMan   Email JonahMan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
No it doesn't. They can't really hold the sticks with their paws and they have a tendency to stop playing to lick their bottom or have a snooze.

Strangely, this also applies to Og's older brother.

--------------------
Thank God for the aged
And old age itself, and illness and the grave
For when you're old, or ill and particularly in the coffin
It's no trouble to behave

Posts: 914 | From: Planet Zog | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
We have gerbils. We refer to them as "our babies".

I'm sure they look just like mum and dad, too.

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Posts: 12010 | From: Gone fishing | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

quote:
Originally posted by JonahMan:
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:

Strangely, this also applies to Og's older brother.
I'm having lunch with him in a few hours, and he will be so pleased to hear how we are speaking of him.

quote:

I started this thread in an attempt to save the TICTH thread, which, ISTM, serves a function for a lot of posters here.*

In my summer internship at the District Attorney's office, I learned a number of lessons, but one that really stuck. It is easier to get someone to plead guilty to a major felony than to get someone to plead guilty for a dog at large ticket. Even when justified, people don't let anyone say anything bad about their dog. I understand what you were trying to do, but next time you should start with something less likely to elicit an emotional response, such as calling Mohamed or someone's mother to hell.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
but next time you should start with something less likely to elicit an emotional response, such as calling Mohamed or someone's mother to hell.

But, so far, the response has been rather meh.
I am dead serious about calling to Hell those who let their pets destroy wildlife.
Pin-headed, emotionally stunted imbeciles who let their cats prey on endangered animals.
Microcephalic morons who release their pets into the wild because they did not have the intelligence to understand the life cycle or the courage to end one life to save thousands.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I LOVE MY FLOCK OF PET GNATS.

How can you possibly get offended when people are ooey and gooey about their pets? DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN TO US?

My gnats sleep with me almost every night when I am camping. They only stay away when the temperature is 40 degrees Fahrenheit or less. I have trained them to land on my nose and my eyelids and to fly all around my face and ears. I ALWAYS have company when I need it while camping. They are my precious pets.

The only reason why I don't have a picture of them over my bed is I can't afford a wide angle macro lens just right now.

So there grumpy boots.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
but next time you should start with something less likely to elicit an emotional response, such as calling Mohamed or someone's mother to hell.

But, so far, the response has been rather meh.
I am dead serious about calling to Hell those who let their pets destroy wildlife.
Pin-headed, emotionally stunted imbeciles who let their cats prey on endangered animals.
Microcephalic morons who release their pets into the wild because they did not have the intelligence to understand the life cycle or the courage to end one life to save thousands.

I'm involved in ornithological work, and quite frequently there is a hue and cry in the tabloids about various predators, such as magpies, killing young birds (which they do), so let's cull magpies. But many birders reply with one voice, 'OK, but let's start by shooting all the fucking cats'.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

And the bonus is that gnats will likely never cause any other species species to go extinct. [Cool]

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How do you know? They might be carrying some disease deadly to the last remnants of some threatened species.
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Oh Tortuf, to praise you or curse you. The laughter you caused induced a coughing fit. I shall settle for this [Razz]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am afraid that for some of you h8rs of pets the wheel in your head is turning awful slowly now that you killed your gerbil.

Pets are some of the nicest people I know, present company included and excluded. You know who you are.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

The deceased rodent you smell is coming from a slightly closer source, n p. no one here has mentioned hating pets. Just irresponsible, selfish owners.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
actually, I mentioned hating my pets.

luckily, I have a soft spot for the little fuckers (in my head, obviously) so I'm over it for the moment.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
We have gerbils. I don't give a single furry fuck if that bugs you.

Careful with the matches

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:
no one here has mentioned hating pets.

Please sir! Me sir! I don't like dogs as pets! (Rounding up Sheep or pulling sledges or digging people out of snowdrifts - fine. Indoors? Nope.)
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stercus Tauri:
quote:
quote:

No, no. Shinto is a violent game played in the Highlands involving wooden sticks and a lot of mud, where you beat the living daylights out of your enemies. I don't know if it works with cats, but might be worth a try.
Where is Campbelllite when we need him? I'm sure his cogitations on how to deal with cats must have included battering to death. THough it occurs to me that the kind of battering he had in mind involved beer, flour and a deep fryer.

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For those who have never seen it and those who want to re-read it, here is the Cats thread.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good Lord, some of those smilies from the Old Days are annoying. Ditto some of the cuteness—the more I read, the more I'm on the side of those breaking out the barbecue sauce and making moggies go woof.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IngoB:
quote:

I wish I was that cute.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Esau was an hairy man...

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

- Posted      Profile for Ad Orientem     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Well, that's the main reason why I would never have a dog. There's no way I'm picking up dog shit and carrying it around with me. I couldn't think of many things more demeaning.

[ 04. February 2014, 10:42: Message edited by: Ad Orientem ]

Posts: 2606 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by IngoB:
quote:

I wish I was that cute.
Oh, so it's her looks but your brains?

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Posts: 12010 | From: Gone fishing | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

Pretty much, yeah [Killing me]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016