homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Francophile

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Francophile
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think it has to be done.

Franophile, I need you to bring your discussion of what was going on in the relatives hell thread here, to avoid totally derailing that thread.

Helions, I'd like to ask you to avoid an immediate dogpile and go one at a time in actual conversation.

Or whatever, you know. The idea is not to immediately shut it down by all shouting at once.

Francophile, you have said you understand ranting Etc and was just joining in really, but it seems to me that your position has shifted somewhat since your first post, so would you like to expand on what was actually meant?

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good luck.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Francophile
Shipmate
# 17838

- Posted      Profile for Francophile   Email Francophile   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's an honour and a pleasure to have my own thread. Thank you.

I think the last person to have her own thread in Hell was Jengie Jon, a lady to be hugely respected. It's clearly an honour granted only to a few, so I really am over the moon.

Rant away.

Posts: 243 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Francophile
Shipmate
# 17838

- Posted      Profile for Francophile   Email Francophile   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Francophile:
It's an honour and a pleasure to have my own thread. Thank you.

I think the last person to have her own thread in Hell was Jengie Jon, a lady to be hugely respected. It's clearly an honour granted only to a few, so I really am over the moon.

Rant away.

PS that Jengie Jon thread was started by that arsehole Gabardine, thinks he's ever so fucking clever, but he got his arse kicked by the negative response, and by the dignified non response of Jengie herself. She's a class act. I'm not (a class act I mean) so will respond.
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hi. Thanks for responding,I was just going to send a pm.

Would you like to start again, from where you're talking about the scale of parenting from terrible to perfect, and where the ranting is ok?
Or is it what kind or level of ranting is ok? And is there a difference between ranting, complaining, criticising and whinging, and which of those are ok about parents, within the realms of a message board and or the confines of a hell thread?

And especially, is it the internet aspect that upset you? Do you confine your own rants to family and friends? I can understand that.

[ 05. February 2014, 06:17: Message edited by: Taliesin ]

Francophile
Shipmate
# 17838

quote:
Originally posted by Taliesin:
Hi. Thanks for responding,I was just going to send a pm.

Would you like to start again, from where you're talking about the scale of parenting from terrible to perfect, and where the ranting is ok?
Or is it what kind or level of ranting is ok? And is there a difference between ranting, complaining, criticising and whinging, and which of those are ok about parents, within the realms of a message board and or the confines of a hell thread?

And especially, is it the internet aspect that upset you? Do you confine your own rants to family and friends? I can understand that.

PM away, Tally-Ho. Just remember though that the law of the land applies.
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

You misunderstand me. And, for the record, I'd like to point out that if I've misspelled your name at any point, it was accidental.

A PM is a necessary courtesy to inform people of a hell thread started for them. As you have already responded,I don't need to. That's all I meant.

Francophile
Shipmate
# 17838

quote:
Originally posted by Taliesin:
You misunderstand me. And, for the record, I'd like to point out that if I've misspelled your name at any point, it was accidental.

A PM is a necessary courtesy to inform people of a hell thread started for them. As you have already responded,I don't need to. That's all I meant.

No worrie, Talisman. And if I've spellled your name incorrectly, that's entirely deliberate.

I do love the little courtesies which apply, like a PM message to alert one to a hell call. So like cricket. Anyone for tennis?

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is not worth time or energy Taliesin. I recommend you move on to more profitable things.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Francophile
Shipmate
# 17838

quote:
Originally posted by mdijon:
This is not worth time or energy Taliesin. I recommend you move on to more profitable things.

I agree. Totally boring. Close the thread and move on.
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post 
Taliesin, Taliesin, Taliesin, my dear.

You need to be rather more hellish in calling our dear friend Franky to hell.

For example, you fail to mention what a complete arsehole he or she is. I think that is central.

And a name dropper. Sir Ian is a friend of his/her, you know. Please remember this.

And (and this is IMPORTANT) s/he knows The Law of The Land.

Please. try. harder.

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Francophile
Shipmate
# 17838

quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:

For example, you fail to mention what a complete arsehole he or she is. I think that is central.

And a name dropper. Sir Ian is a friend of his/her, you know. Please remember this.

Please. try. harder.

Is this the best you can do, Lefty? Not very insulting. You need a few lessons from your pal Pixie.
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Non-Hellish post:

Francophile, you posted:
quote:
Well, if you'd read the thread properly you'd know that my dearly loved father died on 20 February 2013 aged 87 years. We scattered his ashes at Lamlash, Isle if Arran on 4 August 2913. He loved that place, having spent 50 years of sailing holidays on the Firth of Clyde and west coast waters. A wonderful man.
Thank you for your concern.

It's coming up for the first anniversary. I know I've been depressed in the past as anniversaries approach, it's normal. The last 12 months have obviously been difficult. Every shipmate can sympathise.

But you're posting in a bitter way that, frankly, doesn't come across as healthy. Can't you step back from the keyboard and do something - anything - more life-affirming?

Go and splurge on something delicious, or some nice toiletries, or a good book, or a DVD you've always meant to get round to watching, or something.

For your father: [Votive]

End Non-Hellish post.

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

- Posted      Profile for The Phantom Flan Flinger   Author's homepage   Email The Phantom Flan Flinger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:

Please. try. harder.

You forgot to mention how his precious, angelic mummy has never done anything to upset him, but instead hade his days an endless time of sweetness and light, scattering rose petals before him wherever he went.

--------------------
http://www.faith-hope-and-confusion.com/

Posts: 1020 | From: Leicester, England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
Non-Hellish post:

Francophile, you posted:
quote:
Well, if you'd read the thread properly you'd know that my dearly loved father died on 20 February 2013 aged 87 years. We scattered his ashes at Lamlash, Isle if Arran on 4 August 2913. He loved that place, having spent 50 years of sailing holidays on the Firth of Clyde and west coast waters. A wonderful man.
Thank you for your concern.

It's coming up for the first anniversary. I know I've been depressed in the past as anniversaries approach, it's normal. The last 12 months have obviously been difficult. Every shipmate can sympathise.

But you're posting in a bitter way that, frankly, doesn't come across as healthy. Can't you step back from the keyboard and do something - anything - more life-affirming?

Go and splurge on something delicious, or some nice toiletries, or a good book, or a DVD you've always meant to get round to watching, or something.

For your father: [Votive]

End Non-Hellish post.

So, it's grief that makes him what he is?

Therapy is required.

And a rusty farm implement.

It'll clean out the pipes.

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Francophile a sockpuppet of somebody who has been previously banned (more than once as it happens) so has been banned again.

That being the case, and the fact that Francophile is unable to reply to this thread, it's now closed.

Spike
SoF Admin

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016