homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Safe from Kidnapping (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Safe from Kidnapping
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I lost 1 kg this week!!! I know I need to take exercise to keep this up, but I am happy this week, at least.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
First day fasting and doing well. I skipped my morning latte and spent the day drinking black tea with orange blossom (in proper cups so it felt treat-like!). I had a thin chicken and veg soup for lunch at 167 calories and I've just had homemade lentil and pumpkin soup with half a slice of bread (approx 250-300 calories). I did feel hungry this afternoon but busied myself to take my mind off it. The lentil soup is good as it is filling as well as nutritional but low cal, and the rest of the family can eat it without protest.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done, St Everild and Dormouse [Smile]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well I have lost 2lb, which is a great encouragement as I started last week well but did not end so well. If only I could eat chocolate cheesecake and lose weight every week!

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Weekly weigh: well I'm 73.5 this morning so I've lost less than a pound. But that is 2 pounds in 2 weeks and until yesterday I wasn't really dieting only exercising. Steady as she goes.
Starting weight 74.6 kg
Now 73.5 kg

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roseofsharon:
I am struggling at the moment on two fronts:

1), Planning for Younger Son's forthcoming wedding has somehow switched my motivation to "slimming for the wedding", instead of "eating to improve my health". The latter has been working well, the former has, on many previous occasions, caused me to resent being deprived of the high fat foods I love, to cheat and ultimately to fail.

2) The consequences of Christmas indulgence - when I alternated my two <500calorie days with five very high calorie days. Now, although I am still able to keep to the two 'fasting' days, I no longer find myself satisfied with the low fat foods I had previously been eating and enjoying on the other days.

I'm struggling too, perhaps because of the really cold weather. Have had to start adding leftover carbs to the lunchtime salad - so far I've had couscous with bits in, rice with lentils (and bits in) and tomorrow it'll be Jamie's spicy mash, with sweet potato (you can guess the rest). Trouble is, they are all so yummmy that it's a struggle to wait till lunchtime [Ultra confused]

I have also had to resort to telling myself, firmly, that yes of course I can eat that chocolate/pork pie/whatever, but I'm not cheating anyone but me - and it'll be me that has to deal with the fallout.

Courage, all of us, esp. RoseofSharon - you've come so far! [Overused] Think of that, rather than how far you feel you have to go.

Mrs. S, repeating to herself ...

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Mrs S:

Courage, all of us, esp. RoseofSharon - you've come so far! [Overused] Think of that, rather than how far you feel you have to go.

Mrs. S, repeating to herself ...

A very good point! You have achieved so much, do focus on that. Likewise start looking towards that positive goal again, of gaining health.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just wondering. Have people got targets, and dates when they want to get there, or are they just going with the "i'd like to lose some" approach?

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes - I would like to lose a stone by May the 4th (be with you). That's the day I go to Rome with five girlie friends.

Do-able I think.

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
back into a size 9 (US) by the time I move at the end of May.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I want to get to 68kg by 1st April. That is a loss of just over a stone in 3 months, roughly a pound a week.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I need to lose another 25 kilos, but am doing it slowly, sensibly and sustainably (that's a lot of 's'es!). Ideally by this time next year I'll be at my target weight!

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Surfing Madness:
Just wondering. Have people got targets, and dates when they want to get there,

I just want to drop one of my blood-pressure tablets. The Doc has said to try without for a month and see if my bp is still normal, so that is the first goal.
Second is to get my cholesterol low enough that the Doc doesn't threaten me with statins every time I go to the surgery. Next test for that is due in November.

I seem to have conquered the desire to keep eating that has followed my high-fat Christmas. Today and yesterday I kept within my calorie allowance and did not feel hungry - although I have upped it by 50-80 cals, to make up for the effects of the cold weather.

I'm pleased to report that I have dropped the 3Kg I put on over Christmas. [Smile]

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Well done!

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

My second fast day today, I'm having haddock chowder for lunch (126 calories) and we are having lentil and mushroom bolognaise for tea, almost spaghetti-free for me. I'm drinking black tea with bergamot and jasmine in china cups.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Nanny Ogg

Ship's cushion
# 1176

- Posted      Profile for Nanny Ogg   Email Nanny Ogg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I went to the drop in on Tuesday and the health advisor did all my measurements including BMI, as well as taking blood pressure and peak flow.

I've a form to be signed by my doctor which I'll take next week which will allow me free sessions for 12 weeks at the local gym/pool and they will work out an exercise plan taking into account my various health problems.

The health advisor will go through my diet and encourage me to make changes for a healthier lifestyle which will assist in losing weight.

All this is free through my local council working with NHS. Check out whether your council or doctor's practice have similar schemes. I know that some slimming groups offer free sessions if referred by a GP, and same areas are setting up schemes for those who have a serious weight problem.

--------------------
Buy me a beer and I'm you friend forever

Posts: 4137 | From: Away with the fairies | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good luck Nanny Ogg - that sounds like a Good Thing all round!

Mrs. S, reminding herself that Chocolate is Not The Answer (now what was the question?)

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm doing the 5:2 thing as well. It seems to be working so far - I lost 3.5 pounds last week despite forgetting to do the fast on Friday (making last week the 6:1 diet) and not being particularly careful about what I ate on Sunday. More than half of the Christmas weight off already!

Also trying to get to the gym three times a week for a workout, but snowed under with work (no pun intended) at the moment so it's not as easy as it sounds...

I'm aiming to be at my target weight by the end of May, but it would be nice to get there sooner; if I can lose about 2 pounds a week I might be able to do it by the end of April. Don't want to make myself ill with crash dieting though.

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eleanor Jane
Shipmate
# 13102

- Posted      Profile for Eleanor Jane     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmm... fasting, not for me! I suspect it works by lowering your calories over the week i.e. I don't think it matters whether you get (for example) 2000 day making 14000 a week or very little for two days and the rest on the other five days making 14000 a week.

I have fasted a few times as part of my spiritual practice, but I've long lost the shiny enthusiasm that makes that reasonable. I'll keep plodding away trying to stick to my daily calories and fit in as much exercise as I can to my daily routine.

I'm not doing brilliantly but I've lost most of the 4 pounds I put on in since Novemberish. Onwards and downwards! [Smile]

Posts: 556 | From: Now in the UK! | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too - I'm trying to get into daily new habits and fasting would confuse that for me.

Thick question alert:

I have slim legs and arms, all my fat is in my middle, like a barrel. When I go on the bike I'm only exercising my legs - will it still burn the barrel fat?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
yes. Aerobic activity burns all the fat, wherever it is. it will build your leg muscles (hey, hot thighs!) but we don't get to control where fat comes off. alas. I wouldn't mind keeping my boobs and getting it to shrink elsewhere first, like my double chin and my ass.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ha. With me, the tummyfat isnt budging, tho the chin, the ass and ( weep) the boobs have all gone. Now I'm losing in the fingers, the neck, and the backs of my hands. Why?

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I'm apple shaped and all my fat is on my belly. I find the best way to reduce that area is toning exercises targeted there.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That "Grub Crawl", which happened yesterday evening, started well but the dessert course was my downfall.
Optimistically,I thought the 500cal day I had planned for today would make up for that - until my skull came into violent contact with an icy road this morning, and I spent the rest of the day feeling sore and miserable, and in need of comfort food and naps.
Back on the wagon tomorrow!

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I hope your head is okay!
Fasting day for me so I'm about to have some black tea with roses. No breakfast for me, I have leek and potato soup for lunch at 108 calories and this evening we are having baked smoked haddock fillet with poached egg, accompanied by stir-fried cabbage with a handful of peanuts (300 calories by my reckoning). Probably a blood orange for a snack later.
My exercise regime is limited today though as the kids are home due to the snow.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another 2 lbs gone - 25 lbs in total, now. More than half way there... yay me!

How is everyone else getting on?

(Sorry to hear of your accident - hope you are feeling a bit better today.)

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

quote:
Originally posted by St Everild:
Another 2 lbs gone - 25 lbs in total, now. More than half way there... yay me!

How is everyone else getting on?

(Sorry to hear of your accident - hope you are feeling a bit better today.)

Yay you indeed, St E - that is fabulous progress! Onward and downward...

Mrs. S, trying to muster the enthusiasm for a snowy walk

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just been out for a wander around town...the council have gritted the pedestrian areas and it isn't too bad at all. It doesn't feel particularly cold to me either...where snow is lying it is quite soft and slushy.
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Weekly weigh is 72.6kg which is almost 1kg weight loss this week, a total of 2 kg (4.4lbs) since I started 3 weeks ago. The 5:2 fasting is really making a difference, I think, as my loss doubled this week.
Just having a little portion of porridge now, as I went out in the snow for the school run without breakfast this morning (the day after fasting) and a few seconds whoosiness as my body reacted to the minus 4 temp very quickly told me to get some carbs.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I've just downloaded my fitness pal to my iPad as I am sure it will fit in well with my OCD tendencies [Smile]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eleanor Jane:
quote:
Hmm... fasting, not for me! I suspect it works by lowering your calories over the week...
I think that's the way it works. Also, because you only fast for one day at a time your body doesn't go into full-on Famine Panic Mode (which is why starvation diets don't work).

And it's not as bad as it sounds, really, because you only miss one meal. On my fast days I have my normal breakfast (either porridge or bran-flakes with a few sultanas and walnut pieces), no lunch and dinner is either white fish or chicken breast with either salad or vegetables (no potatoes, bread, rice or pasta). So I don't feel hungry at all in the morning. Around lunchtime, I get the following sequence of messages from my stomach:

11.30ish: "Isn't it about time for lunch?"

12.30. (approx) : "Hey! Time for lunch!"

1.00: "Did I mention it's lunchtime? Feed me NOW!"

1.30: "STARVING! STARVING! STARVING!"

2.00ish: "Oh all right - be like that then."

And I stop feeling hungry until teatime, when I can gorge myself on salad until it hurts before breaking 500 calories. Presumably, the frantic signals that you need food shut down when your body decides to break out some of the Emergency Reserve Supplies (which is what we're aiming to get rid of).

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I find it quite managable, I often skip breakfast anyway so I just don't eat til lunch and then have soup. In the evening I cook a low calorie family meal. It's not difficult to stick to a diet for one day.
From what I have read you lose weight quicker with intermittent fasting than with a similar weekly reduced calorie intake due to the fasting regime causing your body to break down your fat reserves. It is recommended that you only have two meals as grazing is less likely to cause you to dig into your fat reserves. I also do my exercises before eating.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Having had my ProPoints cut down to 27, I am finding it quite a struggle. Funny how one point makes such a psychological difference...
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Weighed myself last week and had put on 300 g since the last weigh-in last month, but it was after Christmas, I was bloated and had had a big dinner the night before, so weighed myself again this morning, and I'm 80.2 kg, so down 1.3 kg from last month and almost under the 80 kilo mark, which will be celebrated with the pomp and circumstance it deserves (probably another DVD boxset!).

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Fasting day so I'm on 500 calories today. I'm pleasantly surprised how much food I've managed to fit in my plan for the day:
Lunch - scrumpy chicken soup
Dinner - chicken thigh, salad, crushed baby potatoes, reduced caesar dressing followed by raspberries and fat free yoghurt. I even have 27 calories left to nibble on a fruit yoyo this afternoon.
Back to the black tea to sustain me til lunch...

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm finding I am always hungry at the moment, I'm still managing to eat relatively healthily, but it's tough. I'm blaming the cold weather!

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

quote:
Originally posted by Surfing Madness:
I'm finding I am always hungry at the moment, I'm still managing to eat relatively healthily, but it's tough. I'm blaming the cold weather!

AND cold! People like RoS, who have really shed the weight, do you find the cold noticeably hard to deal with?

(Thinking back to our mentors the Hairy Dieters - whose jambalaya we are cooking tonight - Dave did say it was like wearing a gilet stuffed with lard, didn't he - so I guess that answers my question!)

Mrs. S, currently resembling Billy Connolly's 'penguin wi' wellies'!

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got through Christmas just gaining about 3 lbs - it's the recent snowy/icy weather that's really doing for me. It's not just that salad really doesn't cut it, but that you don't feel like going out of the house save for dire necessity - so about the only exercise I take is migrating between armchairs.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
I got through Christmas just gaining about 3 lbs - it's the recent snowy/icy weather that's really doing for me. It's not just that salad really doesn't cut it, but that you don't feel like going out of the house save for dire necessity - so about the only exercise I take is migrating between armchairs.

Yes, the inability to exercise is curtailing me too. If it wasn't for the school run and weekly walk to Waitrose I wouldn't leave the house.
At the moment I'm doing 20 mins standing Pilates every weekday as I seriously need to get fit but can only doing low impact aerobics as I have a genetic syndrome which gives me early-onset osteoarthritis.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Mrs S:
People like RoS, who have really shed the weight, do you find the cold noticeably hard to deal with?

Yes, absolutely!
Four layers of clothing is the minimum indoors, and often seven for outdoors.
Haven't been walking since my fall last w/e - partly because of residual aches & pains, partly from the cold, but mainly from the fear of slipping again.

Too cold for salad, but I make up a huge tray of mediterranean vegetables, baked with a low fat balsamic vinaigrette, at the weekends, and reheat in portions to eat during the week. It's surprisingly low in calories. Really I should have moved with the seasons, and be using roasted root veg in the same way - but they are surprisingly high in calories [Roll Eyes]

Tonight is that Ruby Wedding dinner I mentioned previously. It'll be good to see my brother's family again, but I'll be pleased to see the back of all the socializing over food that's been going on for the last month!

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

Marks and Spencer Thermalgen underwear is my friend. With a pair of thermal leggings and long-sleeved T-shirt I only need one more layer on top, though I'm still wearing two pairs of socks and my walking boots when I go outside.

We got off fairly lightly here - only 2 inches of snow, and a lot of it's melted. We are supposed to be getting more today but it hasn't arrived yet...

I only lost about a pound this week, but I wasn't able to exercise as much as usual and I rather let myself go at Sunday lunch (unable to resist mince-and-pineapple crumble for pudding). Oh well, at least the weight is still heading downward!

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Talk of roasted veg reminds me I have a few ageing peppers in the fridge. If I put them in the oven to roast about now, they would be ready to add to a veg stock by lunchtime.

Also, I did a thorough fridge purge/clean yesterday, so it would keep up the desired level tidiness.

Tonight there's not a lot I can do: we're out to a Burns Supper, so that'll be haggis, neeps and tatties no option.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Good idea with the Mediterranean veg, I might try that with the peppers and courgettes sitting around.
We're having our haggis tomorrow so that we can all eat it together and teach the boys some poetry.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

Another problem is that when you're out walking (which I am back on trying to do every lunchtime except when I'm at Tai Chi) the lanes are still icy here. So, you can't walk fast in case you slip (Mr S will have me humanely destroyed if I break a fourth wrist) but you need to walk fast to avoid freezing from the ground up [Ultra confused]

Oh, and I have to wear gloves and a scarf at Tai Chi or I can feel the heat just draining away [Eek!]

Mrs. S, tights on under the jeans today [Eek!]

[ 25. January 2013, 11:40: Message edited by: The Intrepid Mrs S ]

--------------------

kankucho
Shipmate
# 14318

- Posted      Profile for kankucho   Author's homepage   Email kankucho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jane R:

11.30ish: "Isn't it about time for lunch?"

12.30. (approx) : "Hey! Time for lunch!"

1.00: "Did I mention it's lunchtime? Feed me NOW!"

1.30: "STARVING! STARVING! STARVING!"

2.00ish: "Oh all right - be like that then."

And I stop feeling hungry until teatime, when I can gorge myself on salad until it hurts before breaking 500 calories....

[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me] *box tick*

A cup of miso soup @ 29 calories does the trick for me mid-afternoon.
And I've been amazed at how many very filling supermarket ready-meals come in at under 300 calories. I could live solely on Shepherds/Cumberland/cottage pies and similar mash-topped varieties using fish and chicken. In fact, I've done a couple of non-fast days on the morning porridge and a ready meal for lunch and dinner which, even with a couple of wee snacks on top, brought me home at under 1200 cals, with no hunger pangs at all.

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" – Dr. Carl Sagan
Kankucho Bird Blues

Posts: 1262 | From: Kuon-ganjo, E17 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can anyone who's on My Fitness Pal help out please? Would like to record cholesterol in my daily diet but despite changing my settings to list cholesterol in my daily food whatever I add it's still showing 'zero'. Any ideas please?

Thanks [Smile]

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Oh dear, 1/2lb on this week. I thought I'd been keeping track of what I ate, but being unable to get out owing to the snow has obviously had an effect.
And today I ate out at lunchtime (pan fried pigeon breast...it was a starter but I had it as a main and a mango pud, and the ate out this evening (a gang of people went to a balti hou
Se) means that today will not have been very good. And a lunchtime meeting tomorrow...aaarrggghhh.
Any suggestions, anyone?

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I stayed the same this week and I know the culprit - portion sizes creeping up. Oh dear this is toooooo easy to do!

Back on the straight and narrow now. My goal is 3 pounds a month until June - should be do-able!

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I'm going to weigh in slightly late this week. I should have fasted yesterday but it was eldest's birthday so we went out and pigged on Chinese food. Today I am doing my fast and will weigh tomorrow, though I do not expect it to be good!
Might do an extra lot of exercise today...

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

quote:
Originally posted by harmony hope:
Can anyone who's on My Fitness Pal help out please? Would like to record cholesterol in my daily diet but despite changing my settings to list cholesterol in my daily food whatever I add it's still showing 'zero'. Any ideas please?

Thanks [Smile]

I've had the same problem with cholesterol and salt content, and I think the information you get depends on who entered the information in the database, and what they were interested in recording. Quite often members who are only interested in the calorie content only enter that information, and maybe the fats.

The most reliable foodstuffs for nutritional information are the unstarred items, which have been entered by the the people who run MFP. Otherwise, you can find the information about the product you want from other sources and enter them in the database yourself.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016