homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Safe from Kidnapping (Page 14)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Safe from Kidnapping
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes it does. Avocados go off quickly once they're fully ripe and they're too good for me to put in the bin. Some things I can bin without feeling wasteful but not something I buy specifically for all its vitamins, minerals and 'good' oils.
Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Make guacamole & have it with tortilla crisps/pita bread/breadsticks/crudités the next day. That's what I'd do with it anyway!

--------------------
Denial: a very effective coping mechanism

Posts: 1239 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gaucamole is slime in a bowl as far as I'm concerned. I like avocado just as it comes, ripe but still firm and served in its skin or cut into slices with a drizzle of dressing. Since I kept within the 500 calories I'm not feeling 'defeated' by the avocado.

I sometimes succeed in eating nothing at all for 24 hours which feels more like a fast than concocting low-cal meals. From the TV programme on fasting I got the impression that eating nothing was the ideal but having about 500 cals was still a fast. An omelette, large salad and small bowl of fruit salad looked like a feast to the presenter who'd not eaten all day.

Today I'll be eating some grapes and bananas before they go soft, also poached salmon and spring greens.

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Finding it all Rather Difficult this week...hasn't been helped by having to be in places where lunch was provided (when it is more difficult to make wise food choices) or where the journey to get there made carrying a pre prepared lunch was problematic, so opting for food that was probably not wise...Key Lime Pie, anyone? And this virus seems to make me want to stuff my face because I'm so miserable with it...
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My weight loss has plateaued over the last few week - I suspect my body has become used to my daily exercise regime. I'm too busy this week to sort it but next week I'm going to try alternating with a different workout to get my muscles working again and push myself a bit harder.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sigh... yesterday I was trying on satin bridesmaid dresses. I knew I was a size larger than the bride and the other adult bridesmaid, but it would appear I am a good two sizes larger. And satin stretched across an ample backside is not a good look. Back to MFP.

On the other hand - I'm going to be a bridesmaid!
[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

[ 06. March 2013, 09:30: Message edited by: North East Quine ]

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tina
Shipmate
# 63

- Posted      Profile for Tina   Email Tina   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I joined Slimming World last week. I've found some of the rules really annoying - prime example being that apples, strawberries, melon and pineapple are all 'superfree foods' which I'm allowed to eat as much as I like of. However, because I had them whizzed into a smoothie they suddenly become of no nutritional value and worth several 'Syns' [Roll Eyes] . I resent spending my Syn allowance on perfectly healthy food instead of chocolate ...

(I suspect the idea is that if smoothies/juices were 'free' some people would knock back two litres a day of them, which would be a lot of calories, but for me they're just a more enjoyable and convenient way to get somewhere near the amount of fruit I'm supposed to have!)

So I found an eating plan online that I'm finding easier to manage. I don't think I'm going to stick with Slimming World long-term, but I went back for a weigh-in tonight and I've lost 2lb [Cool]

--------------------
Kindness is mandatory. Anger is necessary. Despair is a terrible idea. Despair is how they win. They won't win forever.

Posts: 503 | From: South London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kankucho
Shipmate
# 14318

- Posted      Profile for kankucho   Author's homepage   Email kankucho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yesterday's weigh-in revealed that the 5:2 regime has caused me to shed 10 kilos in two months.

Feeling great (despite having spent today nibbling through a sackful of celery and leaves for vitamins and 20 calories) and have bought in a new supply of trousers after consigning all my 38- and 40-inch waisters to charity.

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" – Dr. Carl Sagan
Kankucho Bird Blues

Posts: 1262 | From: Kuon-ganjo, E17 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kankucho:
Yesterday's weigh-in revealed that the 5:2 regime has caused me to shed 10 kilos in two months.

Feeling great (despite having spent today nibbling through a sackful of celery and leaves for vitamins and 20 calories) and have bought in a new supply of trousers after consigning all my 38- and 40-inch waisters to charity.

Inspiring! [Overused] [Yipee]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
kankucho is things like that which remind me it is worth it. Well done.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great news:)

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Go kankucho!

Meanwhile, as the result of a couple of slices of chocolate cake at the weekend (family party, rude to refuse, etc etc) I have gained three-quarters of a pound over the last week. I hope to have better progress to report next week... but we're going away to visit some foodie friends for the weekend (and to attend ANOTHER party) so it's going to be difficult sticking to the diet.

On a more positive note, I have started doing a new workout at the gym. I feel like I've just crawled out of the primeval slime after each session but it does seem to be making me fitter. So I'm losing inches, even though I'm not losing weight...

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
kankucho
Shipmate
# 14318

- Posted      Profile for kankucho   Author's homepage   Email kankucho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you all. Tbh, I'm surprising myself. So far it's all been done with no conspicuous addiional exercise being done. I shall resume regular cycling later this month as the weather (hopefully) starts to pick up.

Keep going with your own endeavours, folks, and good luck! [Smile]

--------------------
Kankucho Bird Blues

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had a few bad weeks of feeling unmotivated, hotel stay with food, kids on school holidays so different routine etc but have got back to the diet this week and within just a few days seem to have undone the damage and got back to where I was. Just need to carry on now and get back to losing.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's great kanchuko - I'm still disappointed with 5:2 weightloss - 200g this week, giving me a 1kg weight loss in three weeks! I'm not going mad on my non-fast days, so can't quite see where I'm going wrong. I can only assume it's because my week of bad backness meant that even my usual not-very-energetic-life was curtailed even more as I avoided moving wherever possible!
Let's hope for a better result in the next few weeks as I try to become slightly more energetic again (that is, a couple of walks a week)

[ 08. March 2013, 10:32: Message edited by: Dormouse ]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
kankucho
Shipmate
# 14318

@ Jane: I don't know if this helps, but I refuse to jump on the scales at every opportunity to check the effects of short-term input and output. For me, once a month is enough to monitor overall progress.

Also, two years of regular cycling, while great for my general well-being, failed to shift any significant weight. My achievements to date are probably because taking the 5:2 regime seriously has given me the self-discipline to overcome some seriously bad eating habits: whole packets of biscuits, bought on the way in to work, polished off by lunchtime – that sort of thing. The sudden shift between two lifestyles probably accounts for my early good results.

--------------------
Kankucho Bird Blues

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
After a poor week last week when I gained 1/2 lb, I have lost 2 1/2 lbs this week to get me back on course.

How's everyone else doing?

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I've last a stone in 7 weeks [Smile]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm down 8lbs since 18th Feb
Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tina:
Well, I joined Slimming World last week. I've found some of the rules really annoying - prime example being that apples, strawberries, melon and pineapple are all 'superfree foods' which I'm allowed to eat as much as I like of. However, because I had them whizzed into a smoothie they suddenly become of no nutritional value and worth several 'Syns' [Roll Eyes] . I resent spending my Syn allowance on perfectly healthy food instead of chocolate ...

Apparently, the more processed our food is the easier is it is for us to extract calories from it - so a whole raw carrot is better for you than a grated one *sigh*. Something to do with breaking down the cell walls, which we would otherwise need to expend calories to do. So they aren't *just* out to get you...

The Regretful Mrs. S

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

I'm cutting down on refined carbs but love crusty white bread, preferably warm from the oven. I buy those part-baked baguettes, bake one till nice and crispy then split it and scoop out the innards which probably halves the calories. I've then got crispy bread shells to fill with whatever - chopped up cherry tomatoes and olives heated through with some pasta sauce gloop from a jar is nice and easy.

In other news all my trousers are now unwearably loose so I'm going to buy some new ones in a smaller size.

[ 12. March 2013, 09:27: Message edited by: justlooking ]

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

What a great idea, another crusty bread lover here.
Congrats on the new trousers [Smile]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Congratulations on the new trousers...it's a good feeling, isn't it?

I have managed to find a pair of jeans yesterday that I like, and that make my legs look very very long, that are long enough in the leg that you can't see my ankles, and....the UK 16 was slightly too big, so I bought the UK 14. Which I am now wearing. (They are straight leg ones from Wallis, in case anyone is interested...)

Smug? Moi?

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by St Everild:
Congratulations on the new trousers...it's a good feeling, isn't it?

I have managed to find a pair of jeans yesterday that I like, and that make my legs look very very long, that are long enough in the leg that you can't see my ankles, and....the UK 16 was slightly too big, so I bought the UK 14. Which I am now wearing. (They are straight leg ones from Wallis, in case anyone is interested...)

Smug? Moi?

Yay St. E - that's just fantastic! Great news indeed! [Overused] I think that brings you into the 'smaller than average' size range now [Big Grin]

My black linen trousers that were (much) too tight
now fit me, but they are so baggy I feel like a clown in them - so my joy at the weight loss was tempered by the realisation that I'm now worse off in that I have NO black linen trousers I like *sigh* - not that I would want to wear them in this weather *deeper sigh*

Mrs. S, waiting for the sunshine ...

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lost a kilo this week! I'm assuming that my meagre losses in the past couple of weeks were because of my enforced inactivity. Not that I'm that active normally, but I was very inactive...

--------------------
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

- Posted      Profile for Freelance Monotheist   Email Freelance Monotheist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Finally got below that big round number that I've been stuck at for a month or so, due to over-indulging and being ill for most of January & February! I went for an hour's run a couple of weeks ago after a long time not doing so, and it was bliss! Cold to start with, but after 5-10 minutes I got warm and the endorphins kicked in and I felt like I could run forever! I hardly stopped at all, and that was due to having to let huge packs of cyclists pass! Even then I ran on the spot.
I'm definitely feeling like there's less of me to lug around and am looking forward to hitting that next target (the next 10 kilos off). It'll be easier to eat healthier (salads, raw fruit and veg, less stodge...) and do more as the weather will be better.
Well done everyone else on the trousers that are far too big & the weight loss, however small-I'm proudly celebrating my 300 grammes lost!

--------------------

Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Still on a plateau here - but hardly surprising as my eating has been very erratic for one reason or another. Still keeping up the 5:2, which is probably all that's stopping the kilos creeping back on.
However, I must still be changing shape, as I took 3 pairs of baggy trousers to the charity shop yesterday - two hardly worn, and one with the swing-tag still attached.
Came back with a (slightly tight) pair of trousers and a dress.
Now I can find me-sized clothes in charity shops I've become addicted to clothes shopping. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I feel that this is going to be a bad week, stress with essay writing combined with a flat full of yummy food, is not good. At the moment I'm trying to think, I've done really well, just staying the same while I'm this stressed will be good.

--------------------

Freelance Monotheist
Shipmate
# 8990

I officially Cannot Do Maths (TM)! I've actually lost 1.3 kilogrammes, not 300 grammes, like I first thought! I was at 80.2 when I last weighed myself in Jan, and am now 78.9!!!
[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Another 1/2 lbofff, to my surprise...I have defibately been doing too much snacking in between meals this past week. However, half a pound off is half a pound in the right direction, and today I went out in a coat I haven't worn for at least the past 7 years because it didn't fit...and now, it does!
Edited for predictive text...grr

[ 18. March 2013, 20:37: Message edited by: St Everild ]

Little Miss Methodist

Ship's Diplomat
# 1000

- Posted      Profile for Little Miss Methodist   Author's homepage   Email Little Miss Methodist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roseofsharon:
Still on a plateau here - but hardly surprising as my eating has been very erratic for one reason or another. Still keeping up the 5:2, which is probably all that's stopping the kilos creeping back on.
However, I must still be changing shape, as I took 3 pairs of baggy trousers to the charity shop yesterday - two hardly worn, and one with the swing-tag still attached.
Came back with a (slightly tight) pair of trousers and a dress.
Now I can find me-sized clothes in charity shops I've become addicted to clothes shopping. [Hot and Hormonal]

It has been my experience that I change shape most when i'm not losing any weight according to the scales. A few weeks ago I went through a mini plateau where my weight hardly changed at all for two weeks but I lost a couple of inches every where and went down a dress size in what felt like over night! Since then i've lost a couple of kilos, but my measurements remain the same...

It's a funny old thing weight loss.

--------------------
Tell me where you learned the magic,
The spell you used the day you made me fall....

Posts: 1628 | From: Caretaker of the Overlook Hotel | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Is feeling slightly jaded and bored (although I have masses to do...) and is thinking about her dinner, which won't be happening until at least 8.30pm and probably nearer 9pm...I'm not actually hungry, but my teeth are bored...

Must remind myself that nothing will taste as good as being slim feels...although I'm not actually slim yet, being 14 lbs off the top of the scale for a healthy BMI...

JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At the moment I am just finding it very hard to motivate myself. When I weigh myself and see that I have crept up another 2lbs or find a skirt getting tight again, I resolve to do the WW thing properly - but then somebody brings cakes in at work or I feel the need for chocolate to get me through the afternoon and my good intentions count for naught [Disappointed]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have decided to stop logging calories on My Fitness Pal.
I have been concentrating too much on the numbers and have slipped too far away from the goals of the DASH diet - and that has given me some health problems in the last few months.
I must stop thinking about weight loss, and concentrate on the health benefits I was originally working towards.

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

# 5954

Although my weight loss hasn't been huge I am thrilled to be sitting comfortably in jeans which were almost unbearably unwearable at Christmas. I have lost a fair bit of tummy (tho I fear I will always have a bit of an "apron" there!) and clothes feel better. 8 kg lost since September...actually, that's nearly 1.5 kg a month...not so shabby after all.

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Another week, another weight-in...and another 1lb gone, which means I have lost 2 st 7 and a 1/2 lbs. Smug? Me?? Well, yes...

How is everyone else doing on this chilly and snowy morning?

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Well done Dormouse and St Everild!

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our Atkins diet is successful: Z has gone from a size 20 to size 16 and I am but two pounds away from 14 stone! I lost more than a stone (14 pounds) this year and have kept it off. My former doctor who is now a professor thought I could lose a further fourteen pounds - another stone. I thought she was dreaming, but she was the top family practice D. O. in this country before she turned to teaching and I now think this is a real probability...

I was 173 pounds on our wedding day: could I be there again on our 35th anniversary the 10th of June? Dunno....

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congrats to all who post here.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Congrats Sir K and spouse [Smile]
My weight loss had plateau'd but has started again. Measured myself last night and had lost 5 inches (1 from bust and 2 each from waist and hips).

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Are smaller tits good? I know that a smaller waist is. Likely my lovely bride will need a tummy tuck as she gained weight rapidly at the end of the last century...

[ 30. March 2013, 11:59: Message edited by: Sir Kevin ]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

It is a nice balanced reduction in weight.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

'Tis?

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Steady loss maintained, another 1 1/2 lbs off at weigh in today.

Now I suppose I shall have to start doing something sporty to get fit for the first time. This cold weather isn't helping much as I'm disinclined to do much out of doors, and jogging on the spot in the kitchen while waiting for the kettle to boil is loosing its appeal...

How are my fellow passengers doing today? Did you succumb to the lure of chocolate?

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

Yesterday I ate lots of cake, and broke my toe, so exercise to help the process isn't going to happen for a few days! oh hum, time to start being good again!

--------------------

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ouch! Broken toe sounds painful!

Having had a few weeks of not making much effort I am slowly losing a bit more. I tend to start off the week reasonably well, lose a pound or more but then creep up a bit again by the end of the following weekend. But as long as the final weight for the week is lower than the previous week I am at least moving in the right direction overall!

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got rather podgy again over the course of the last 6months, a lot due to stressy finishing one job/starting another type things, it's time to cut out the pringles & eat better again.

However, I'm now walking to work, and sometimes between sites, and so I get starving mid way through the morning/afternoon.

What are peoples suggestions for fairly healthy and not calorie excessive snacks? (Raw carrot or celery are out as I don't like either). I do like dried fruit, but that's quite calorie heavy for the weight...

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lots of water and a head of iceberg lettuce worked for my wife some 30 years ago.

Unfortunately I detest both lettuce and celery.

Is it possible to port along a small container of salad for those mid-morning starvations. I am quite adept by now making a salad without lettuce.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are carrots a possibility - they are certainly tasty and I think they are fairly healthy.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lettuce is OK, though dull. Carrots are not OK - I just don't like 'em raw. (Cooked carrots are all right, provided they're casseroled to death with something else that hides the flavour). And cucumber is off too - it makes me belch, which isn't usually appreciated by anyone else!

So salad would work, although what to put in it so that it's not dull may be a challenge...

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016