homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Safe from Kidnapping (Page 16)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Safe from Kidnapping
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
MFP question - MFP lets you log strength exercises and cardiovascular exercise, but what about toning exercises? I've been using a Yogalates DVD, and I can't work out how to log it.

I just put my Pilates down under cardiovascular [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And, for what it's worth, yoga is quoted under cardiovascular...
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks! I thought "Yogalates" was a thing, but MFP doesn't seem to recognise it.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Still failing at trying to get/eat healthier and lose weight. I do really well for a week, and then ruin it all with red wine and pringles at the weekend. [Frown]

Am feeling rather sorry for myself...

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know the feeling Kingsfold....different downfall (chocolate and cake) but same problem!

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our community has had a rash of funerals and weddings. For some reason our bar get all the leftovers. We've been overrun with cake and casserole. At 3 am I have NO CONTROL.

So sign me up for the self pity party.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
MFP has told me that I've eaten too few calories today! I suspect, though, that I've just underestimated portion size. I made carrot and beetroot soup, and the MFP quantity for c&b soup is "one bowlful" I suspect my "bowlful" is larger than their "bowlful"
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At one time MFP was assuring me I was starving myself.

Possibly the reason I got rather fed up and stopped using it. Sounding too much like my mother ('Careful, or you'll underdo things!')

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have made a little progress. A little bit of eating restraint, and more consistency with exercise.

Down 3 kg, 9 to go.

mr curly

PS. Pringles make the baby Jesus cry.

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quite frankly, Mr Curly, any salty crispy snack makes the Baby Jesus cry (and makes me forget any small shred of self control that I might have been clinging onto.) Except for snack-type onion rings. They are the work of the Devil.

Note to self:Check for spelling before pressing "publish"

[ 08. May 2013, 07:37: Message edited by: Dormouse ]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
MFP has told me that I've eaten too few calories today! I suspect, though, that I've just underestimated portion size. I made carrot and beetroot soup, and the MFP quantity for c&b soup is "one bowlful" I suspect my "bowlful" is larger than their "bowlful"

I work out nearly all my own calorie counting on mfp as some of the ones entered are clearly optimistic on the part of the person who entered them.
It's always telling me I don't eat enough, especially on fasting days!

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

It seems like an awful faff, working out the calories for the onions, and the carrots, and the beetroot, etc, then working out how many servings I get out of one pot of soup. I don't make soup from recipes, just from whatever turns up in the weekly veg box.

If the ingredients were high in calories I could see more point.

I weighed out a 50g portion of muesli this morning and was dismayed to see how small it was!

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Yes, cereal is like that.
Rice krispies (or own brand equivalent) however, are a lot of air, and so you can have a bowl full of them without it actually weighing loads & loads.

30g in my bowl looks like a respectable bowlful. OK, I know its kind of visual trickery, but still.

Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No Salt no oil microwave popcorn isn't bad. The bags are more expensive than doing it yourself, but there is portion control built in.
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
Rice krispies (or own brand equivalent) however, are a lot of air, and so you can have a bowl full of them without it actually weighing loads & loads.

Puffed wheat, puffed rice and (a personal favorite) puffed millet are also good in that regard. Read the label carefully, though -- beware of sugar as an ingredient. No excuse for it!
quote:
Originally posted by Palimpsest:
No Salt no oil microwave popcorn isn't bad. The bags are more expensive than doing it yourself, but there is portion control built in.

Read the label -- microwave popcorn probably includes ingredients you would be better off not having.

Measure out a controlled portion of plain popcorn into a brown paper lunchbag and air-pop it in the microwave. The trick is to figure out a way to keep the bag shut without causing sparks.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

I have some over-ripe bananas to use up. Normally, I'd make a chocolate and banana cake. Suggestions for a healthier / low calorie way to use them?
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chuck 'em in the bin? Just a thought.

I try to use things up rather than waste them but sometimes it can be counter-productive.

Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

quote:
posted by NEQ:

I have some over-ripe bananas to use up. Normally, I'd make a chocolate and banana cake. Suggestions for a healthier / low calorie way to use them?

Make the chocolate and banana cake, then donate to colleagues/Full of Chips' colleagues/the offspring's classmates or similar.

I have a group of people of who have very enthusiastically offered to be guinea pigs if I get the urge to bake & try out recipes. It works for me, as I enjoy baking etc, but live alone and therefore help to deal with the resulting product. [Big Grin]

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

On another note, if I'm stuffed up with cold and generally feeling a bit grotty, is it too naughty to have comfort food?

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Banana smoothie? Or better still, put a lot of 'thin' fruit - orange, grape, apple - in the juicer and add the banana.
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
On another note, if I'm stuffed up with cold and generally feeling a bit grotty, is it too naughty to have comfort food?

Full of Chips is full of cold, too, and retreated to bed yesterday with two family sized bags of Mackie's crisps, a box of 6 Tunnocks dark chocolate tea cakes and a large bag of minstrels.

So I am not only virtuously eating masses of veggies, but am doing so knowing that there are Tunnocks Dark chocolate teacakes in the house!!

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

Good for you. [Big Grin]

I've cleared the house of pringles & cookies, so from that perspective, temptation is kind of removed. And have a healthy chickpea, cabbage & potato curry in the fridge. But it's less than 2mins to the shop around the corner... and I may allow myself a medicinal Scotch later.

I found chocolate covered coffee beans at lunchtime. Very nice, but I can't eat too many at a time (which is probably a good thing)!

[ 09. May 2013, 13:01: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I've got a popcorn maker and we regular have salt and pepper popcorn at weekends. Not fat or sugar or any other nasties.
Old bananas here too but I'm making a cake for the others tonight and will get a piece myself tomorrow when I'm not fasting.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:
It seems like an awful faff, working out the calories for the onions, and the carrots, and the beetroot, etc, then working out how many servings I get out of one pot of soup. I don't make soup from recipes, just from whatever turns up in the weekly veg

I always cook from scratch, once you've added your regular items you can just multi-add next time. I find it useful as I make lots of casseroles and I multi-add the meat, chutney base, various veg, sherry/port/, lentils, barley etc. I will also make some guesses for lighter items, or substitute one thing for something similar and there is the add quick calories at the bottom too.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't forget you can save recipes in MFP too. So if you have a standard base for your soups you could save that.
Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

I've given myself a horrible shock. I have a wardrobe stuffed full of clothes which, I thought, fell into three categories:
a) clothes which fit.
b) clothes which are just a smidgen too small, but which a few pounds off would be enough to get back into.
c) clothes which are far too small but which I particularly loved, and which, if by some miracle I ever lost stones of weight, I would regret throwing out.

I knew that b) was the largest category.

Well, in front of my daughter and husband I tried on every pair of trousers and skirt in my wardrobe. And most of the b) category are not just a tad too small, they're far, far, too small. I'd obviously lost all track of just how long some of them have been hanging there unworn.

The whole thing was a nasty dose of cold, hard reality.

I've packed all the ones that don't fit into a suitcase and I'll try the lot on again after I've lost a stone in weight. I reckon a stone off should be enough for me to get back into one pair of trousers and three skirts. Then I'll try the lot on again after I've lost 2 stone. And again after three....

I could have wept.

On the other hand, I've obviously been wearing a smaller range of clothes than I'd realised for - how long? So getting back into some things and having more choice will be a huge boost.

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I've given myself a horrible shock. I have a wardrobe stuffed full of clothes which, I thought, fell into three categories:
a) clothes which fit.
b) clothes which are just a smidgen too small, but which a few pounds off would be enough to get back into.
c) clothes which are far too small but which I particularly loved, and which, if by some miracle I ever lost stones of weight, I would regret throwing out.

I knew that b) was the largest category.

Well, in front of my daughter and husband I tried on every pair of trousers and skirt in my wardrobe.

Very brave indeed!

I am back on the 5:2 after my (delicious!) trip to Rome. I found it really really hard yesterday - the book does say it gets harder before it becomes habit.

Sticking with it.

[Help]

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
Measure out a controlled portion of plain popcorn into a brown paper lunchbag and air-pop it in the microwave. The trick is to figure out a way to keep the bag shut without causing sparks.

Fold over the top and "pin" with a toothpick.

This is way cheaper, too.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done NEQ! Trying on old clothes can be a shock but it's a reliable way of gauging progress, in either direction.

My moment of truth will come when I buy some scales and stand on them. Most of my clothes are UK size 16 (USA 12) but some skirts were tight-fitting and I'd gone into size 18 for trousers and jeans. I keep trying on one skirt that was a tight fit when I bought it. I'd put weight on since then because it was so tight it hurt and I couldn't make the zip meet let alone close it. It now hangs loosely so I know I'm lighter. It's progress that I'm wearing size 16 jeans which fit comfortably but I won't be happy till I can fit a 14.

Weight's harder to shift when you're older. Older people need fewer calories and if you're fairly sedentary you can be eating less than the 'average' of 2,000 calories a day and still be putting weight on. I'm doing the 5:2 thing, though sometimes it's 6:1, and keeping to an average of about 1,200 calories a day over the week. I'm probably losing a pound a week at most.

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good morning everyone! Welcome to a new week of working towards being safe from danger of kidnap!

I'm very smug because I have lost another 2 1/2 lbs this week, making a total lost of 45 lbs, and within sight of my ultimate goal.

Now I suppose I shall have to join the other thread and start thinking about getting fit.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:
Originally posted by justlooking:

Weight's harder to shift when you're older. Older people need fewer calories and if you're fairly sedentary you can be eating less than the 'average' of 2,000 calories a day and still be putting weight on. I'm doing the 5:2 thing, though sometimes it's 6:1, and keeping to an average of about 1,200 calories a day over the week. I'm probably losing a pound a week at most.

That's almost identical to me, I do 5:2 with 1,200 cals on week days as I know I don't need more as I work from home so am fairly sedentary. I lose a pound a week.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:
Originally posted by St Everild:
Good morning everyone! Welcome to a new week of working towards being safe from danger of kidnap!

I'm very smug because I have lost another 2 1/2 lbs this week, making a total lost of 45 lbs, and within sight of my ultimate goal.

Now I suppose I shall have to join the other thread and start thinking about getting fit.

Well done! [Smile]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Welcome to a new week of working towards being safe from danger of kidnap!

Huh? I thought that fat people were harder to kidnap. [Confused]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Well I'm already hard to kidnap, but very gradually increasing the risk [Biased]

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
quote:

Huh? I thought that fat people were harder to kidnap. [Confused]
So they are...but thin ones can run away faster, not having so much mass to shift!
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it's almost worth doing the 5:2 for an apple to taste as good as the one I just had!

On fast days I have a bowl of porridge for breakfast, a bowl of homemade veg soup for my evening meal and a small apple, that's it. No milk in drinks.

But that apple tasted delicious!

After two months I have stayed the same - but in that time I had a trip to Heidelberg and a trip to Rome, both enormously calorie laden, so I am very pleased indeed.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

How is everyone doing?
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

I was at a wedding (4 course meal, coffee with petit fours, cake, mid-evening buffet, mini box of chocolates as a favour) on Sunday, it is my birthday (children cooked dinner and made a chocolate cake) today and it is my mother's birthday (big family meal) on Saturday.

That tells you everything you need to know about how I'm doing.

Though on the plus side, the weather has finally cleared up and I've done a lot of gardening which MFP seems to think uses up gazillions of calories.

Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm with you NEQ, there are two many "occasions" at the moment. (Combined with both myself and my flatmate feeling crabbit) and it's a recipe for not behaving ourselves!

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

quote:
How is everyone doing?

I'm doing OK, thank you for asking. I still haven't weighed myself but I'm slowly losing inches and can see a difference. I'm more or less sticking to the 5:2 thing and to an average 1,200 calories a day over the week. I'm probably losing about one pound a week. At this rate I can see my way clear to fitting a UK size 14 by the end of the summer.

Today, a non fast day, I had a pack of those breakfast biscuit things, a lunch of chicken, carrots and sprouts leftover from yesterday which I reheated by frying in olive oil with a chopped onion, and I've just finished a plate of sliced up tomatoes, beetroot, avocado, yellow pepper, a few olives, and some cottage cheese. Plus coffee and tea with milk, green tea without milk, and a glass of sherry. It feels like a lot but is less than 1500 calories. Tomorrow is another fast day.

I suppose breakfast biscuits are not as good as a small bowl of cereal but I find them psychologically more satisfying. They come in separate wrapped packs of 4 at about 200 calories and have the same kind of vitamins you get in many cereals.

Avila
Shipmate
# 15541

- Posted      Profile for Avila   Email Avila   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi

At Christmas I was 13st 7 when ought to be a min of a stone lighter. (5ft 10ish)

Then bad binge eating depression bout got me to 16st by Easter!!

Good behaviour has got me to 15 st 5 but I really want to shift at least down to 13st.

For an aim of 2 pounds a week what is my best target calorie intake? I am mostly sendentary with dog walking.

Any tips for good website advice sites?

--------------------
http://aweebleswonderings.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1305 | From: west midlands | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Avila, I haven't tried it, but people do seem to like My Fitness Pal.

I'm having success with Weight Watchers. Having a meeting to go to on my day off gets me out of bed at a decent hour (instead of lying in until mid afternoon and thereby wasting the day...which leads to a major session of beating self up for being inadequate etc...)

I'm slightly less tall than you at 5' 9", but our weight trials are similar. I have managed to shed 3 1/2 stone to date.

Now to find some motivation to do something about getting a bit fitter.

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

Given that I've been really poorly for more than two weeks, you'd think I'd lose more than 6lbs. OTOH, I may have been eating a lot less, but most of the time I was doing sod all bar huddle in an armchair, coughing.
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

Thought I'd make a salad of green-in-snow, red mustard and sorrel, which has to be eaten slowly and has hardly any calories. Ended up with streaming eyes and nose. Helpful husband suggested that chocolate ice-cream might counteract the sinus-clearing salad.

Meh.

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

How are we doing, everyone?

I'm still with WW, still keeping on. Gained 1/2lb last week, which is really frustrating as I am within 2 lbs of my goal weight now. I think I know what has caused it...
I managed to get an old belt looped through my trouser loops and fastened up this morning, so something is working. I must learn not to get fixated on the numbers on the scales...

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, this is weird.

Week before holiday: stuck to 5:2 eating plan, did 3 workouts at gym. Gained 1 lb.

Weighed myself after the holiday (during which I did no serious exercise and completely forgot about the diet) and found I had LOST 2lbs!

[Confused]

This doesn't sound so good if I say my net loss over the last two and a half weeks is 1lb, but now I'm not sure whether to keep on with the 5:2 diet or not...

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Incidentally, did anyone else read this story on the BBC website? The woman who wrote it is a plus-size model. Apparently she is about 3 inches taller than me and the same dress size (UK size 16/US 12).

Personally I would describe that as healthy. She's only "plus-size" by comparison with the anorexics who model so-called "normal" clothes.

Avila
Shipmate
# 15541

- Posted      Profile for Avila   Email Avila   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jane R:
OK, this is weird.

Week before holiday: stuck to 5:2 eating plan, did 3 workouts at gym. Gained 1 lb.

Weighed myself after the holiday (during which I did no serious exercise and completely forgot about the diet) and found I had LOST 2lbs!

[Confused]

I get confused too. Had a good week and happy to have made it to 13 lbs down from start point.
Next day was sunday lunch out, with dessert etc that night stood on scales and it showed me down the extra pound to reach a stone. Amazed but happy. A couple of good diet days later the scales had me 3 lb heavier.

I can only conclude that the bad day weight didn't show up til later. But how? I mean it was in me already, does it weigh less as food in the diegestion than as fat cells laid down, or... any other theories??

--------------------
http://aweebleswonderings.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1305 | From: west midlands | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

Water retention?
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actual weight loss or gain takes days to register. If I eat something salty or high in potassium, I can gain several pounds overnight. You really need to compare over weeks not days.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016