homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Secret Santa (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Secret Santa
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On Facebook, I have been reminded that there are only 15 Saturdays to Christmas. Which means it must be time to launch...TADAH..Secret Santa 2013.
For those who are new to it, rhe idea is that you post that you'd like to take part and pm your real name and address to me, also some idea of where you would like to send to (same couintry/continent, different country/continent}, any particular likes/dislikes/allergies. We'll let that carry on till about the first weekend of November and then I will attempt to match Santas to Santees and pass on Santees' details. Santas need to buy or make something to the value of about £5 and send it to their Santee to arrive for Christmas.
So, who's playing this year?

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm in!

ETA: FIRSTIES!!!!!!

[ 10. September 2013, 19:11: Message edited by: monkeylizard ]

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not. Don't look for a PM.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Meeeeeee!!
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And me!!

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love the Secret Santa I do ... but ... but ... please not yet! Would like to pitch in maybe November time please!

A

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll be en route across the Southern Ocean between Auckland and Ushuia over Christmas (probably in the Chatham Islands for Christmas itself) - otherwise I'd love to play.

Seeing this thread did, however, make my eyeballs nearly pop out. It's September - Christmas isn't even on the radar yet.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Surfing Madness
Shipmate
# 11087

- Posted      Profile for Surfing Madness   Author's homepage   Email Surfing Madness   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm in. I love secret santa.

--------------------
I now blog about all my crafting! http://inspiredbybroadway.blogspot.co.uk

Posts: 1542 | From: searching for the jam | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll join the fun

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know I've started this early, but from experience, I also know that, with all respect, Shipmates don't really notice the thread until it's too late! If I can get names out in early Novenber, most parcels are posted in December and the majority of recipients actually get a Christmas present rather than an early Easter gift, and my nerves get less frayed as I try to keep track of who's posted and who's received [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good to see this up a bit earlier - gives crafters time to get their gift organised!
Anyway, it's not that early, I got my first charity Christmas card catalogue at the beginning of August and the holly-decked chocolate boxes are already out on the shelves at the local Co-op.

Put me down on your list St Gwladys, and thanks for doing this again.
PM following

[ 10. September 2013, 22:08: Message edited by: Roseofsharon ]

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me please

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Goody! I'm in.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Motherboard and JB signing up. PM to follow.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Count me in.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You're a star, St Gwladys.

I'm in for sure. Will PM.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adrienne:
... please not yet!

OK, I'm officially a Grinch [Hot and Hormonal]
I've signed up and I promise not to moan again unless the carols start up before the clocks go back. [Smile]

A

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Count me in. PM on the way.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm in.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, please!
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me please!
I think I sent a pm yesterday - the internet went a bit funny so if I need to re-send just poke me.

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Always! One of my favourite parts of Christmas.

Sending that PM now.

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Emendator Liturgia
Shipmate
# 17245

- Posted      Profile for Emendator Liturgia   Author's homepage   Email Emendator Liturgia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whoopee - it's THAT time of year again!

I'm in - will PM straight away!

--------------------
Don't judge all Anglicans in Sydney by prevailing Diocesan standards!

Posts: 401 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Zippidee doo dah! Yay! Huzzah!! I love Secret Santa too.

Count me in, St Gwladys! PM en route!

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... please not yet!

Poor St Gwladys, who gets it from one side or the other! I'm on the other, out of necessity.

This is an international board, and as such involves the postal logistics of countries such as mine. Canada Post dictates that overseas parcels must be mailed before the end of November in order to arrive in time for Christmas. If this thread only came out in November, that would leave precious little time for St Gwladys to make up the rota, and to shop, wrap, and post an overseas parcel in time for Christmas.

So thank you, St G, for starting this early!
PM will be sent.

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Likewise [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

quote:
Originally posted by Leaf:
quote:
... please not yet!

Poor St Gwladys, who gets it from one side or the other!
oh dear, I did out myself as Grinch up-thread, and apologised to St G in private but should also do it publicly - and apologies to those who felt my comments were outside the spirit of the thread. Sorry everyone [Hot and Hormonal]
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me please [Smile]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Leaf:
quote:
... please not yet!

Poor St Gwladys, who gets it from one side or the other!
oh dear, I did out myself as Grinch up-thread, and apologised to St G in private but should also do it publicly - and apologies to those who felt my comments were outside the spirit of the thread. Sorry everyone [Hot and Hormonal]
Don't worry Adrienne. We all have differing views about when one should start to contemplate Christmas - driven sometimes by practicalities, sometimes by belief and sometimes by other things!

Now I'm out of the education system (where one practised songs for Christmas from October onwards!) I don't mind considering Christmas a bit early...but I can understand your squeak!

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

No offence taken! Unfortunately, practicalities mean that things have to be started early. Personally, I hate the fact that I am already finding Christmas edibles in the shops ands getting charity catalogues through the post. On the other hand - I confess I have already bought some Christmas presents including a possible SS gift.

--------------------

Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm in

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

**bump

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

So far, I have:
Monkeylizard
Elaine C
NorthEastQuine
Adrienne
SurfingmMadness
Roseofsharon
Rowan
Meg the Red
JB
Motherboard
Gill H
Hugal
Gussie
Zappa
Mamacita
Cambellite
St Everild
Cottontail
Emmendator Liturgica
Leaf
Dormouse
Smudgie
Heavenly Anarchist
Cheesymarzipan
Kelly Alves
Quoheloth

Anyone else want to play?

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh Lordy, this time already?

I'm in please.

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

I'll add you to the list. There's still plenty of time, but I will be trying to send Santee details out at the beginning of November,

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd like to join in if I may. A PM will follow.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hesitate, hesitate... oh go on then.

I'll play (and who knows, maybe I'll repeat my good luck of last year and get two presents? (don't think we ever did discover how that happened [Big Grin] ))

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Count me in. I just don't want to talk about Christmas yet. But I am in.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Count me in. I'm already making Christmas cards to sell for a charity along with my volunteer child labourers at the local church and the local school. Young people today. They are so obliging and artistic and generous.

Cattyish, practicing for the season of goodwill.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah yes, I'd like to be included please. As I am on call over Christmas it will give me something to look forward to.

Thanks St. G. [Overused]

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
o/

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me!!!

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Late arrival here - yes please
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

There's still time before I close the lists....

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eh, I've dithered enough. Sure, I do this every year, and I've already been planning things to send so they actually get sent on time this year!

Which is what I said last year. And the one before that.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As Student Finance have sorted out my means-tested money, yes please!

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
So far, I have:

Elaine C
NorthEastQuine
Adrienne
SurfingmMadness
Roseofsharon
Rowan
Meg the Red
JB
Motherboard
Gill H
Hugal
Gussie
Zappa
Mamacita
Cambellite
St Everild
Cottontail
Emmendator Liturgica
Leaf
Dormouse
Smudgie
Heavenly Anarchist
Cheesymarzipan
Kelly Alves
Quoheloth

I now also have:
Kingsfold
ArachnidinElmet
La Vie en Rouge
Graven Iamage
Cattyish
James the Confident
Pants
Jacobsen
Keren-Happuch
Daisydaisy
Arston
Jade Constable

Which makes 38 so far.
All Santas - please check that your name is on the list
NorthEastQuine, Zappa, Kelly Alves and cattyish, could you please send me your address? Anyone else wanting to join in the fun, please post and pm!

--------------------

Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oooh my, me me!!! Sorry I nearly forgot to sign up!

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016