homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Secret Santa (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Secret Santa
Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me, please! PM on the way.

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Vulpior and Mrs Shrew - you have been added to the list. [Biased]

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
nomadicgrl
Shipmate
# 7623

- Posted      Profile for nomadicgrl   Email nomadicgrl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't sail these seas that often any more, but I have such fond memories of this, I'll be in!
Posts: 437 | From: Living in the land of Anne (with an e) | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too please! And thanks to St. G for organising it all again.

I am happy to post anywhere.

PM to follow!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
pm sent

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just a reminder - if you want to play, you need to pm me! I'll be closing the list on the weekend.

--------------------

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooooh, go on then - you twisted my arm !

(Pm imminent.)

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
So far, I have:

Elaine C
NorthEastQuine
Adrienne
SurfingmMadness
Roseofsharon
Rowan
Meg the Red
JB
Motherboard
Gill H
Hugal
Gussie
Zappa
Mamacita
Cambellite
St Everild
Cottontail
Emmendator Liturgica
Leaf
Dormouse
Smudgie
Heavenly Anarchist
Cheesymarzipan
Kelly Alves
Quoheloth

Anyone else want to play?

I now also have:
Kingsfold
ArachnidinElmet
La Vie en Rouge
Graven Iamage
Cattyish
James the Confident
Pants
Jacobsen
Keren-Happuch
Daisydaisy
Arston
Jade Constable

Which makes 38 so far.
All Santas - please check that your name is on the list
NorthEastQuine, Zappa, Kelly Alves and cattyish, could you please send me your address? Anyone else wanting to join in the fun, please post and pm!

Vulpeor, Mrs Shrew, Nomadicgrl, The Weeder, Curiosity killed, Doublethink and Sophs are now on my list. Anyone else?

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

OK - list will be closed from 12pm (midnight). I will start allocating Santees next week and aim to get details out by the end of the week.

--------------------

Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Woo hoo!! Game on! Thanks, St Gwladys!
Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The elves have been very industrious and have managed to catch the first sleigh on its way around the globe.
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

I'm notifying transatlantic Santas first so you shopuld be able to post in time for Christmas. Daisydaisy gets a gold star for being mega-organised!

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have just noticed that my name does not seem to be on the list. I PM'd you when the thread opened, so am not sure what has happened.

I hope it is not too late to include me!

[ 13. November 2013, 22:47: Message edited by: The Weeder ]

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Weeder:
I have just noticed that my name does not seem to be on the list.

look again at St Gwladys's post of Oct 31st - read it right to the bottom

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Names of Santees are going out but there are some full mail boxes out there - Could you all please check your mailboxes? And I'm still missing two addresses - Cattyish and Adrienne, could you please pm me?

--------------------

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Elves are heading to the post office on the marrow.
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought they used a sleigh!

[Razz]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is like FED X all gets mailed to the North Pole and then sent out from there. Santa has gone to efficiency these days. [Razz]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Everyone should now have the name and address of their santee - but I don't have an address for Adrienne or Cattyish. There are also some full mail boxes - please check if you haven't recieved a santee and pm me. [Smile]

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Everyone should now have the name and address of their santee - but I don't have an address for Adrienne or Cattyish. There are also some full mail boxes - please check if you haven't recieved a santee and pm me. [Smile]

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you St Gwladys for organising this. Now to have a think as to what to get for my Santee.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, oops etc [Hot and Hormonal] sorry. PM on the way.

A

Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

The reindeer have flown, the reindeer have flown............

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Package entrusted to the tender care of Canada Post.

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meg the Red:

May the Lord have mercy on the parcel. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
quote:
Originally posted by Meg the Red:

May the Lord have mercy on the parcel. [Big Grin]
I crossed myself quickly while filling out the customs form - does that count?

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Santa's elves are busy designing.
Cattyish, listening to a secret recording of Christmas choral singing.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Internet monkeys have been given their instructions.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Honest, St. Gwladys, I have read the PM because it came by email, but I'm leaving it unread here and flashing at me until it's fully actioned. So please don't think I haven't noticed it.

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Gah ! Internet monkeys failed - goes away to try again.

--------------------

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

The Elves are on top of it this year my package has arrived and is waiting for a spot under the tree, that will be put up after Thanksgiving next week. Thank you Santa. PS I refrained from reading the customs tag although it was tempting.
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
Gah ! Internet monkeys failed - goes away to try again.

Monkeys have now achieved lift off.

--------------------

JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Motherboard and I have been to the post office to send little goodies off to other countries.

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A lovely parcel from the Royal Post arrived this week. A note on the brown paper said I could remove it and still have wrappings for under the tree. How kind!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a box from foreign parts that I suspect is from my Secret Santa - who is more organised than I am!

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've lost my santees details and st gwaladys box is full!

Help me internet friends!

Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

I've just deleted a few messages and I'm sending you a pm [Smile]

--------------------

ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Parcel entrusted to the postman by Mr C.

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

Gift-wrapped, packed and posted.

I have to say that the 'trainee' (it was on her badge) at the post office near work needs a lot more training.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My parcel is wrapped and mailed! Thanks again, St G, for your efforts organizing this celebration.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
cattyish

Wuss in Boots
# 7829

- Posted      Profile for cattyish   Email cattyish   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Off to the Post Office. [Smile]
Cattyish, wearing green for the occasion.

--------------------
...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived, this is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1794 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My parcel has arrived - thank you Santa, I will keep it wrapped until Christmas.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Posted a parcel a couple of days ago.

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My prezzie has arrived - thank you! and I'm just off to the post office to post mine...

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Parcel packed and posted.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's ready to go. But I've not got round to getting to the PO yet. Not sure when but it has to be soon!!!

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I haz parcel. [Yipee]

I think it must be from my Santa as I'm not expecting anything else. I've not peeked!

(And I'm nowhere near as organised. The thought of buying presents - for anyone - is sending me into a cold sweat at the moment...)

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Elves have delivered a parcel from foreign parts to me. [Big Grin] (Actually, it came last week but I keep forgetting to post here!!)

While they were here, the elves also took a parcel away with them. [Yipee]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
nomadicgrl
Shipmate
# 7623

- Posted      Profile for nomadicgrl   Email nomadicgrl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I opened a package without thinking about the fact it was probably my very own package (rather than something I ordered for gifts for others) - and found a pretty little magnet that will work great to hold up my little's many "art" works. I'm assuming that this is from my Secret Santa, thanks!

Had fun shopping for my Santee - who has similar gift tastes as myself. Santa's helpers have started the delivery process...hope the recipient likes it as much as I would have liked receiving it. [Smile]

--------------------
The care of another,even material, bodily care is spiritual in essence. Bread for myself is a material question; bread for my neighbor is a spiritual one.- Jacques Maritain

Posts: 437 | From: Living in the land of Anne (with an e) | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
...(And I'm nowhere near as organised. The thought of buying presents - for anyone - is sending me into a cold sweat at the moment...)

Me too. [Help] I'm sharpening my elbows in readiness this week though.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016