homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Hanging out in Nashville

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Hanging out in Nashville
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm heading to Nashville in May - any suggestions for OK but not too expensive hotels within easy reach of 5th Avenue North?
Thanks,
Curious

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Posts: 1372 | From: Betwixt and between | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe some of the Nashville Mafia could arrange a meet?

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In for a meet!

Unfortunately, you'll need one of the shipmates local to the area for help with a hotel. MonkeyLizard, Tortuf, or one of the others should be along soon.

[ 27. January 2014, 01:41: Message edited by: Barefoot Friar ]

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

Posts: 1621 | From: Warrior Mountains | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I guess I'm "one of the others" -- geez. [Biased] Anyway, we're happy you're coming, and we'd love to have a Shipmeet with you!

Fifth Avenue North, huh? Unfortunately, there's nothing really reasonably priced downtown. It looks like the Best Western Downtown at 7th and Union is the closest, cheapest place. Now, if you're staying at the other end of Fifth (near MetroCenter), you might check the Millennium Maxwell House.

Keep us posted on your trip!

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry, Grits. I remembered your IRL name, but could not remember your ship one.

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

Posts: 1621 | From: Warrior Mountains | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Grits
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Haha. Just teasing, and perfectly understandable. I am definitely not around the Ship much these days. I do peek in once a week or so, and I do miss it.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Depending on the time of day most hotels are within reasonable reach of 5th Avenue North. pm Grits or me with more details and we can give you better advice about hotels.

There is, of course, the one with the guitar shaped indoor pool. Bit of a flea bag, but how many chances do you ever get to stay at a hotel with a guitar shaped pool?

As to a meet, I'm up for one.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

- Posted      Profile for Curious   Email Curious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Trip shaping up nicely now - just got to source flights!
I'll be arriving Sunday 18 May, leaving Thursday 22nd, so it's only a few nights. There are a few of us from the UK who'll be around, but looks like only Sunday and Tuesday evenings free.
Thanks - here's hoping we get to meet up!
Curious

monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Curious, you probably don't remember, but you gave me some helpful travel/restaurant tips for London back in 2006. I'd be happy to return the courtesy.

I'm definitely up for a shipmeet.

PM inbound with some hotel ideas.

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

Thank you everyone for the messages & suggestions.
I've now sorted my Nashville dates - and Gritts - yes, that's the Conference.
I'll be at the Best Western Downtown flying in on Sunday 18th May (but not arriving at the airport till 7.15 so probably too late for a meet.
But Tuesday 20th evening looks free - or lunchtime Thursday (I fly out at 5pm).
So - Nashville Shipmates - are you up for a Meet? It would be my VERY FIRST ONE!!!!!
Curious

--------------------
Erin - you are missed more than you could know. Rest in peace and rise in glory - to provide unrest in the heavenly realms.

Grits
# 4169

I think Tuesday evening will work out fine for everyone. We'll plan to meet and eat somewhere interesting in town that will be convenient for our visitors.

[ 01. April 2014, 04:43: Message edited by: Grits ]

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is that when kuruman is there?

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
monkeylizard

Ship's scurvy
# 952

- Posted      Profile for monkeylizard   Email monkeylizard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm in for a shipmeet on May 20th.

Good choice on the hotel. It's within walking distance of every downtown attraction.

[ 01. April 2014, 15:32: Message edited by: monkeylizard ]

--------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. ~ Herbert Spencer (1820 - 1903)

Posts: 2201 | From: Music City, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grits
# 4169

quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:

Yes, it is, so we'll have quite a crew there!

--------------------

Curious
Shipmate
# 93

Oooh - exciting! Should we start a thread that has the date in the title? I'm not sure if there are other Shipmates who might also be around at the same time! I'm free any time after 6pm. I'll leave venue to the Nashville experts!
Curious [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you want a new thread or do you want me to change the title of this one and add a date?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

I'll start a new thread! Thanks, WW.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grits:
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:

Yes, it is, so we'll have quite a crew there!
Cool ... jealous! Actually I think it'll only be her second shipmeet - the last one was in Chicago!

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Shipmate
# 93

Zappa - kuruman & I will be at the same Conference.

Curious

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016