homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Petemeet April 21: Surbiton - want chili? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Petemeet April 21: Surbiton - want chili?
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Could someone (nudging Smudgie) compile numbers for the meet? Possibles and confirmed for meet on Monday?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Curious kitten is hoping to walk but will have to catch the 19:04 from Berrylands to make a reasonable train home, the 20:04 would put her on the last possible train.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We ( husband, son and me) will be doing the walk and then be at the pub.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
OK, what time are we looking at then for the pub part of the meet? It looks like we can make it quite easily by train to Berrylands, even on a bank holiday.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have booked a large table at the Berrylands Pub for 6.30 onwards. Hope that's about right. Looks like 12-14 people.

Pete (obviously!)
Smudgie and Smudgelet
M and Macarius
Gussie plus two
Curiosity Killed plus a possible one
Melangell
Moonlitdoor
Possibly (hopefully) Elaine C plus one.

Anyone I've forgotten?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Smudgie, I don't know if your inbox is full but I PM'd you a few days ago & apparently you haven't read it. Anyway up, ignore it now.

See you on Monday!

M.

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
M, sorry, I tend to read my PMs in email so they often don't get marked as read in my inbox. I always forget that it will look as though I've not read them. I must get more organised [Biased]

I see, though, that you've decided on getting the Berrylands train. It's incredibly simple from there - get off the train, down the steps from the platform, walk about 30 paces up the hill and there you are!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

See you there!

M.

ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As trains to Berrylands are running we should be there. A real trip down memory lane - my best friend from school lived there.

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have pepper. And saw Pete. And Smudgie. And the Smudglet. And had a marvellous time. Thanks all.

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is it too late to join the party on Monday night, please, please?

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Posts: 2532 | From: the radiator of life | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I suggest you just gate-crash, Qoheleth.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

- Posted      Profile for Qoheleth.   Email Qoheleth.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
PMs exchanged - I'm coming! [Yipee]

--------------------
The Benedictine Community at Alton Abbey offers a friendly, personal service for the exclusive supply of Rosa Mystica incense.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Yipee] Looking forward to seeing everyone!

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not going to make it - have a nasty dose of 'flu.

[ 21. April 2014, 17:49: Message edited by: ElaineC ]

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry you're not going to make it ~ the rest of us will share your dessert.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Melangell
Shipmate
# 4023

- Posted      Profile for Melangell   Email Melangell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It was a great evening; I'm only sorry I had to leave relatively early.

Especially good to see you again, Pete; I hope you have a hassle-free journey back to Canada. Another Petemeet, this time next year….?

--------------------
Gwnewch y pethau bychein (Dewi Sant)
Do the little things (Saint David)

Posts: 367 | From: A bit of Wales in Surrey | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good to see you all again, a really great evening. Thanks again for the chill, it will be put to great use. We ought to do this more often....

Safe journey home Pete.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Qoheleth.

Semi-Sagacious One
# 9265

A great evening. Thanks to Smudgie for arranging a dinner venue with a half price offer [Cool] Hope you don't get lost on the way home!
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Apart from missing the chance to meet Elaine C, that was a delightful evening. How could I have forgotten that the local pub does half price main meals on a Monday - a definite bonus. But the food was good and the company was excellent. Lovely to see old friends and meet new. And the sticky toffee pudding was the best I've ever tasted, I think.

It did at times seem rather dodgy, this group of people with assumed names meeting to swap packets of dubious looking coloured powder, but we managed not to get arrested or thrown out.

I vote we don't wait for Pete to visit before we all get together again - we can practise ready for next time he's here! It is a bit embarrassing to realise that people who live virtually within walking distance of each other seem to wait until visited by a Canadian dropping in on his way home from India before they can get together for a drink and a chat!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Some of us are still travelling home !

Lovely to see you all, sorry it was so brief (except for the other walkers).

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

CK, you did have a little further to travel than I did, I guess.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Thanks to all for a lovely evening. I hope I managed a word with everyone - I noticed the Boy was down the other end of the table, doubtless talking cameras.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Yep, he was talking cameras. Three of us were.

--------------------

M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

Yes, lovely to see everyone last night.

We got soaked on the way home, the rain really came down!

Hope the journey home goes smoothly, PeteC. And thanks again for the chili powder!

M.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
CK, you did have a little further to travel than I did, I guess.

It depends which route you took.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016