homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Let's Bitch About the Weather! (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Let's Bitch About the Weather!
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT IS COLD OUT
MINUS 51??? MINUS FUCKING 51??? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?
AND HOW CAN IT BE SNOWING WHEN IT'S THIS FUCKING COLD
FUCK THIS
Time to start going south for the winter.

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, quit whining and go blow bubbles.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cycled into and around town this morning but stopped on the way back to sit in the shade for a while and drink a cold bottle of soda water. It is not too bad in the morning but from about now [13.??] to about 16.30 it gets a bit too warm. I can do it and have done it but it is not much fun.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's still coolish in the morning too. It felt like only 25c at 7 am. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by basso:
If we don't get some rain soon, that's gonna be in about April.

Have some of ours. We've got lots and can easily spare some.
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Beeb on the tv has just pointed out that it is currently less cold at the South Pole than in Montana.
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny S:
The Beeb on the tv has just pointed out that it is currently less cold at the South Pole than in Montana.

Gosh, how shocking. It's almost like that place had seasons.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
PataLeBon
Shipmate
# 5452

- Posted      Profile for PataLeBon   Email PataLeBon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Really news people, really....

It's -45 in Montana, 7 in Atlanta, and 27 here, but you have to point out that it's FREEZING in Miami with a low of...51??

Seriously, we would love to have that as a low, and I'm sure many places would love to have that as a high.

--------------------
That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's a problem. - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG1)

Posts: 1907 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't mind wind and I don't mind rain and I am not a fair weather biker but these unending storms are making me sad. When I do go out on my bike I feel like a leaf in the (wet) wind. I'm getting to old for this shit.

Fly Safe, Pyx_e

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

- Posted      Profile for MSHB   Email MSHB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it's been pretty cold here in Sydney too - I had to change out of my shorts into longer trousers because it is only 18C (about 65F) when it was closer to 30C (about 85F) the other day. January should be a hot month - it can go over 40C in Sydney (about 105F) - so 18C is a bit nippy.

If it gets any colder, I'll have to put on something over my T-shirt.

No sign of Satan's crotch here.

--------------------
MSHB: Member of the Shire Hobbit Brigade

Posts: 1522 | From: Dharawal Country | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here in NE Tallahassee, FLORIDA, it was 19.9F at 7:30 this morning. It is now up to a balmy 21.3F.

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
An Aussie visiting Ohio... -21.c. Windchill -25.
Just a bit chillier than summer back in my home state of Australia.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:
Originally posted by basso:
If we don't get some rain soon, that's gonna be in about April.

Have some of ours. We've got lots and can easily spare some.
Oh, if only.
I hate droughts. Hate them.Every time we have extreme rain or flooding around here, I tell myself, "Least it's not a drought."

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At least you're not stuck on a train.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In other news, about 40 people have complained on Twitter. They saw a weather man do a "Throw the boiling water into the -15 air and see snow" trick but threw the boiling water upwind and got injured.

Kids don't try this at home.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
heard about that.

Hil-LAR-ious!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The BBC is reporting this morning that Hell (Michigan) has frozen over.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The weather is definitely warming up here - the last two afternoon I have had to put the fan on when haing my post-prandial nap.

[Eek!]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At the moment its sunny.

We had some sun yesterday, although the wind was fierce.

But the sight of the mighty Severn was breathtaking: tide coming in against the flood coming downriver meant a mini-bore. And behind that the main channel full of white-capped wavelets.

Yes destructive but also beautiful.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Hebdom
Shipmate
# 14685

- Posted      Profile for Hebdom   Email Hebdom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by St Deird:
Melbourne, in January. Should be 30 degrees and sunny.

Actually? 17 degrees and pissing down with rain. I am huddled in my cold house, wondering where the summer went.

Actually, maximum today in Melbourne was 42.8. Forecast for tomorrow, Thursday and Friday: 41, 41, 42 (degrees Celsius). As the old joke about the teacher arriving at the pearly gates goes, Hell? You've had hell on earth already.
Posts: 163 | From: Terra australis | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
42.8 And the fricking power has been off for 4 hours.
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Expecting 40C tomorrow which isn't much fun when you are running a temperature as a result of coming down with viral pneumonia- not supposed to happen in Summer in Australia and especially on my birthday! Can't even go for a swim to cool off as doctor has decreed no. Think I'd better take out the smallest violin in the world and play a sad song. [Waterworks]

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Smallest violin? Are you kidding? bib, you have my deepest sympathy - I Could.Not.Endure. 40 degrees, let alone with a fever. Hell, at 35 degrees I'm actively homicidal.

[Votive] Get well soon

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At around the age of eight I lived in North Africa and the recorded (shade) temperature peaked at around 111F, which is about 44C. Moving around was physically unpleasant, even for a eight year old, when it got over about 105F and school lessons were stopped when it got too hot (especially in our tin huts), but for my Dad, who occasionally had to fix Her Majesty's aeroplanes in that heat, it must have been a whole lot worse.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's around 40C/100F here, and it will rain at 3:30pm. The same as every day.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

It never gets much above 35C here - above 37/38even I begin to feel a little uncomfortable. We're now in the dry season and will be lucky to see rain before April or May.

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here next to the Amazon it is always rainy season, though at some times it is heavier than others (the heavier rains started this week; I already got soaked yesterday).

In the morning, the water vapour starts to rise from the river and the forest, building up to a rain storm at 3:30pm (3 hours from now; clouds are already getting thick). It is so regular that people plan to meet eachother by saying: "I'll see you tomorrow, after the rain."

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hebdom
Shipmate
# 14685

- Posted      Profile for Hebdom   Email Hebdom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
45 degrees forecast in Adelaide today.
For those of you snowbound:
Scorcher

[Two face]

Hebdom
Shipmate
# 14685

Happy birthday, Bib! [Yipee]
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oi! Get those fluffy sentiments and spinning smileys out of here!

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish the weather here would make up its tiny mind. It is the middle of January, when one might reasonably expect it to be rather coolish. It freaking rained last night, and the temp has risen overnight to +8. No prob; I can just haul out the light spring coat. Except it's going to cool down all day to -1 with high winds, so I don't know which temperature to dress for. Thank God for layers (outside) and pit zips (on overheated buses). And a great big middle digit to dumbass drivers who speed through slush puddles as they pass pedestrians: may ravenous potholes eat your axles.

Oh, and Orfeo, [Smile] [Big Grin] [Biased] [Axe murder] [Axe murder] [Axe murder] [Angel]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The weather in Japan was perfect. An average -2C during the day with lots of powdery snowfall made for skiing.

The weather in Indonesia was even better. An average of 30C give or take a few with lovely humid rainstorms.

Now I'm back home from holidays. Thankfully Satan's crotch is no longer so hot. Perhaps she got laid.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chinook has struck. Melty temps with howling wind. To give way over night to a forecast 25° drop and everyone falling down an busting hips and cars.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
similar here, NP, only it's pretty standard for our neck of the north. our impressive snowberms are down to subpressive and everything is drippy and slick and howly. on the plus side, I've put up the shoepacks for now and am back to wearing hikers.

the rain and snow dumps on the roof are likely to drive me insane.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What's weather?

(Today the high in La La Land was 85F. [Devil] )

Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, it's 44ºC here now, which is effing hot (111.2ºF). The gardener at my daughter's (former) school collapsed and died of heatstroke yesterday.
They've postponed matches on the outside courts at the Australian Open, which they pretty well never do. I suspect it would be well over 50 on court.
Expected minimum tonight is 26ºC. I suspect it will still be in the high thirties at 3am.
In short, it is bloody awful.

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Preach it sister. And rolling friggin power blackouts.

It is a parboiled bitch.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
What's weather?

(Today the high in La La Land was 85F. [Devil] )

Seems legit.
orfeo

# 13878

I look forward to this thread dying around the next equinox.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

/tangent

Odd word equinox.

I mean really, what does a horsey cow have to do with astrology?

/end tangent

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

orfeo

# 13878

Evensong, leave before I drop a lyre on your head with terminal velocity as a means of increasing the world's average pun-making ability.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

[Big Grin]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:
Well, it's 44ºC here now, which is effing hot (111.2ºF).

Hmm, considers the 88° difference between our recent temp extremes, and wonders about the frozen fish that will be baked from frozen for supper. Hits head on frozen wall, considers resuming sniffing glue, but has a cup of tea (hot) instead.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rain is lashing down here: can't get across the garden and a preliminary testing of the route to church doesn't look good...

But I've a roof over my head, food in the freezer and store cupboard andan efficient heating system.

I just wish it didn't look like 5pm at noon...

--------------------

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
......all this water.....all this bloody water......

[Mad]

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Just paid out nearly £40 to have a wheel rim bashed back into shape and small puncture fixed.

Potholes are so bad in this area that my independent tyre service have got an old chap out of retirement and all he does all day is sort out wheel rims and re-balance tyres - so much call for it they've even reduced the price!

Meanwhile, local council says that unless you can "prove" which pothole it was that caused your problem they won't accept liability - they want photos and witness statement(s) [Mad]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This morning it was +12°C here, and socks were temporarily discarded. Now it's +1°C.

[Confused]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We have just got used to rain every day now. We are worried about the water table, as if it keeps rising, all the septic tanks will start backing up. Not nice. My neighbour has a pump inside his, and at a moment's notice, pumps excess water into the hedge. No doubt this is illegal.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Had to pass through a puddle which had swelled to a floodlet this evening. The RAC man who had come to the woman who had driven through the deep side advised me to turn round, but it was a lane, with a line of non-reversers behind me and no turning spots, and a car coming through towards me. And dark. Managed OK having seen that that car did so.
And it was a pointless journey - to John Lewis, the only local supplier of Anchor Stranded embroidery yarn, as my embroidery kit had run out of one colour. Which was the only colour missing on the stand.

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Driving to London tomorrow, so I hope they've managed to reopen some roads. Sussex was basically sub-aqua today.
Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016