homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Let's Bitch About the Weather! (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Let's Bitch About the Weather!
Socratic-enigma
Shipmate
# 12074

- Posted      Profile for Socratic-enigma     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
Australia is hotter than Satan's crotch.

...and the chafing is a bitch!

S-E

--------------------
"Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office than to serve and obey them."
David Hume

Posts: 817 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Halifax is expecting a NE blizzard, with snow between 20-30 cm. Wind gusts up to 110 km/h. Business as usual with some caution.

Washington DC is expecting a light dusting of snow and has already shut itself down. [Killing me]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Socratic-enigma:
quote:
Australia is hotter than Satan's crotch.

...and the chafing is a bitch!

S-E

The current situation in Australia reminds me of a General Sherman saying about Texas;
quote:
If I owned Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas.

Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was -20C here today. It will be the same tomorrow. That's just a tad nippy. I'd push Pete into the Rideau Canal for his smug comments from India but the canal's frozen so he'd just roll across the ice.

My car is plugged in at least.

--------------------
NDP Federal Convention Ottawa 2018: A random assortment of Prots and Trots.

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Recharging the battery?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Supposed to be summer here and instead we've had a pattern of rain, rain, rain, gale force wind, beautiful sunshine, rain, wind, beautiful sunshine, rain and gale force wind, earthquake, rain, overcast and muggy, rain.....

Admittedly, Wellington is a bit unreliable all year round, but this is ridiculous.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Recharging the battery?

Keeping it warm so that it does not freeze.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
marzipan
Shipmate
# 9442

- Posted      Profile for marzipan   Author's homepage   Email marzipan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arabella Purity Winterbottom:
Supposed to be summer here and instead we've had a pattern of rain, rain, rain, gale force wind, beautiful sunshine, rain, wind, beautiful sunshine, rain and gale force wind, earthquake, rain, overcast and muggy, rain.....

Admittedly, Wellington is a bit unreliable all year round, but this is ridiculous.

Sounds like summer in UK/Ireland but with more sunshine and earthquakes [Razz]

--------------------
formerly cheesymarzipan.
Now containing 50% less cheese

Posts: 917 | From: nowhere in particular | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This has been the shittest Winter I've known. Wind, rain, rain, wind and neither hide nor hair of snow. Utter crap. Like a 4 month November.

[ 22. January 2014, 11:51: Message edited by: Karl: Liberal Backslider ]

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Siegfried
Ship's ferret
# 29

- Posted      Profile for Siegfried   Author's homepage   Email Siegfried   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And down we go again! We had a low of 28F this morning. High today will be 48F. Low tonight, 24F. and it'll be like this through the weekend.
This is Florida!

--------------------
Siegfried
Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posts: 5592 | From: Tallahassee, FL USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sissies. -30°C this morning. No big deal. Grow-up. Be real women and men. Being a weirdo Canadian, the dog and I sang "I am Woman Hear Me Roar" (youtube is your friend, and you win if you can name the singer without looking it up) into the howling wind at 5:30 a.m. this morning on our walky.

She peed, I didn't.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In all the long history of the VW diesel Golf, they only ever made one model that you couldn't fit an engine block heater to. I have one. It was -25ºC again this morning. #@$!*^%@$# it! It's a nice day, though; bright and sunny - hardly any wind. The cat even went out for a stroll, but he's already been neutered, and no harm was done.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stercus Tauri:
In all the long history of the VW diesel Golf, they only ever made one model that you couldn't fit an engine block heater to. I have one. It was -25ºC again this morning. #@$!*^%@$# it! It's a nice day, though; bright and sunny - hardly any wind. The cat even went out for a stroll, but he's already been neutered, and no harm was done.

Must be a specific model. We had one with a block heater in the past, 1999 model if memory serves.

Look for an inline coolant or antifreeze heater. It circulates the antifreeze through a heating element. If you decide to self-install, do it somewhere warm, and engine must be cold, not warm at all for fear of burning you with hot coolant. These go usually out of the radiator before the block. example, from ebay

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
quote:

Must be a specific model. We had one with a block heater in the past, 1999 model if memory serves.

Look for an inline coolant or antifreeze heater. It circulates the antifreeze through a heating element. If you decide to self-install, do it somewhere warm, and engine must be cold, not warm at all for fear of burning you with hot coolant. These go usually out of the radiator before the block. example, from ebay

It's a 2004 TDI - not the finest they ever made. The FrostHeater and similar in-line heaters are good, so I've heard, but you have to install them in a part of the coolant circuit that isn't isolated by the thermostat when cold - definitely not a radiator hose, as some of them specify.

Now for an item that is more genuinely Hellish. The whole windscreen washer system, back and front, froze solid last time it was -25ºC. Some s**t brained idiot had filled it from a container of fluid that said in small - but not all that small - print, "Summer". Made worse by the fact that the idiot was me.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
it's not as good as a block heater, but if you (like me) have an engine with no room for the heater, combining an oil pan heater and battery blanket works just as well.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Some s**t brained idiot had filled it from a container of fluid that said in small - but not all that small - print, "Summer". Made worse by the fact that the idiot was me.

[Big Grin]

so you'll be sorting that out in the spring, then.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
This has been the shittest Winter I've known. Wind, rain, rain, wind and neither hide nor hair of snow. Utter crap. Like a 4 month November.

And there was me thinking it's been a brilliant winter so far. No snow and not too cold - perfect [Smile] . I've barely even had to wear my gloves [Big Grin] .

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The whole sodding country is pretty much aquatic. Not so much wellies and raincoat as aqua lung or boat. The dogs have forgotten what running on grass is supposed to be like, and having mud rubbed off them is the natural end to every walk.
I know old people hate snow, but come on .Marvin.

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today was like a spring day. Birds a-singing, buds a-budding, magnolias about to ignite, cherry trees a-bloom, I even saw a black-headed gull with a black head, the saucy devil. Tra la, tra la. Sumer is icumen in. And mods, that translates as, 'my gusset is twisted something rotten'.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

- Posted      Profile for Sober Preacher's Kid   Email Sober Preacher's Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now listen here you little pillock (aka quetzquoatl), I live a good deal south of you in terms of latitude, and it's -15C here. The only birds chirpin' are the chickadees who don't migrate, all the other birds with a lick of sense have gone South, and dammit I'm not one of them.

I hope you and your blooming spring freeze to death in the snow.

--------------------

Posts: 7646 | From: Peterborough, Upper Canada | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In a deep freeze here with quite a few inches of snow from yesterday. I stayed home from work.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

So I KNOW that I moved to the boreal rainforest. It says so in big letters all over the tin. I knew there would be a lot of precip. I knew the precip would be subject to change without notice. i knew it would be windy. I've even come to terms (okay, a little bit) with all the fucking ice.*

But! We have had approximately 11.5 HOURS of sun since November 15. I know, because I did the math. Because what the fuck else are you going to do when the act of going outside for firewood requires snowgear, raingear, cleats, ski poles and a shovel?

Dear universe: I'd like some sun. It's okay if that means cold. I'm good with cold. I like cold. Bring on the motherfucking cold.

Further, how does the natural system know how to just sit at the freezing point ex-fucking-zactly for THREE GODDAMN WEEKS?!? This means the precip is liquid but turns into concrete the minute it touches down and turns everything into snot. And and and...! Did you know that certain kinds of ice are actually sort of STICKY?!?

It's nice to have a break from shoveling, really. I'm happy to no longer be carving a tunnel to the front door. But I am over the chipping, and the scraping, and the post-holing, and going down hills in the car sideways, and wearing cleats/creepers EVERYWHERE**, and having so much moisture in the air that I now resemble that new disney character with the bow and the mane. (it's not Simba. But, you know, him, too)

So dear environment- either warm up enough that I can start running again or cool off enough so I can get some vitamin D and not risk my life going to the post office. Please and thank you.

*meaning I only have myself to blame.

**a visit to the grocery store has so many people in cleats it sounds like a tap dance recital.

PS- before any of you smug cold-weather assholes even start (looking at you, NP!) I spent a year on the Arctic coast and ten years in Fairbanks and another ten in rural interior AK and I have paid my dues. Shutthefuckup.

[ 22. January 2014, 20:06: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's gorgeous here today (again) and I ate lunch at the diner next door out on their patio.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
(youtube is your friend, and you win if you can name the singer without looking it up) \

What do I win? A break from people bitching about things they have no control over (well, apart from the whole 'stop dumping your gaseous waste into the atmosphere' bit)?

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How can Canada be south of the UK? Is my geography really that fucked up??
Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Most of Canada is on the same latitude as
Britain, and some of its a lot further north. But the bit where everyone lives is south of here.

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sober Preacher's Kid

Presbymethegationalist
# 12699

I live at 44 degrees north latitude. London, England is at 51 degrees north. Most Canadians live in the Great Lakes - St. Lawrence Basin between the 41st and 49th Parallels or along a 200 km strip hugging the 49th Parallel.

The most southern point in Canada, Middle Island, Lake Erie, is at 41.7 degrees north, which is the same latitude as Rome, Italy. Windsor, ON and Detroit, MI are on the same latitude, more or less, as Florence.

London is on the same latitude as St. John's, Newfoundland and Calgary, Alberta.

--------------------

Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've heard Britain described as 'a country on the latitude of Moscow whose inhabitants complain that they don't have the climate of Madrid'.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to go to town now before it gets too hot for cycling to be comfortable.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
quote:

And there was me thinking it's been a brilliant winter so far. No snow and not too cold - perfect [Smile] . I've barely even had to wear my gloves [Big Grin] .
You like pissing rain and gales then?

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

More than I like homicidal ice patches and frostbite, yes.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

quote:
quote:

More than I like homicidal ice patches and frostbite, yes.
When I can make a rainman with coal eyes and a carrot nose, have a windball fight with the kids, and sledge on fog, then I'll agree.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

quote:
When I can make a rainman with coal eyes and a carrot nose, have a windball fight with the kids, and sledge on fog, then I'll agree.

Yeah, I have no particular desire to do any of those things with snow. Certainly not to the extent that they come anywhere near outweighing all the negative aspects of the bloody stuff.

To be honest, if weather was the only thing under consideration I'd have moved to Southern California years ago. Warm summer days all year round sounds like absolute bliss.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Shipmate
# 76

quote:
quote:

Yeah, I have no particular desire to do any of those things with snow. Certainly not to the extent that they come anywhere near outweighing all the negative aspects of the bloody stuff.

To be honest, if weather was the only thing under consideration I'd have moved to Southern California years ago. Warm summer days all year round sounds like absolute bliss.

Rain and wind have the same negative aspects - can't get out on the bike, not much fun on the hills. Indeed, the hills are more fun under snow. And with a small degree of luck I get snowed in and can work from home.

California isn't "warm". In summer it's "far too fucking hot."

[ 23. January 2014, 10:28: Message edited by: Karl: Liberal Backslider ]

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

I don't ride a bike either. And I like hot weather.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Shipmate
# 76

quote:
I don't ride a bike either. And I like hot weather.

Weird on two counts [Razz]

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

Only two? Cleaqrly I'm not trying hard enough...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

he was leaving out that whole "personality" part.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The weather is terrible here. The roads were all snarled up and nothing moving because we have had snow, not just a covering but a whole half inch. How will we ever survive?

Hopefully comet will be here to sympathise shortly.

[ 23. January 2014, 18:49: Message edited by: balaam ]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

oh for fucks sake.

get out of your car and throw snowballs.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But it's too deep, it was a WHOLE HALF INCH!

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

OMG WHERE'RE MY SNOWSHOES WHEN I NEED THEM?!?

--------------------

RuthW

# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The heavy morning fog burned off early and it looks perfectly lovely out, all sunny and nice, but it's not going to break 70F today. However will I survive?
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now you're doing it on purpose, Ruth. [Big Grin]

Just remember, y'all get our water supply. we are getting winter brushfire warming up here. Brushfire warnings. In January. Yeah, lovely days at the beach, but we are in for deep shit.

And guess where So Cal gets its water! [Yipee]

Least y'all have cacti you can cut open down there. We'll probably have to start making dew collectors.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Now you're doing it on purpose, Ruth. [Big Grin]

oh please. She has been all along. her and Woderick.

and no shame in that, somebody start a traffic thread and watch me smug the fuck out.

--------------------

Deputy Verger
Shipmate
# 15876

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Verger   Email Deputy Verger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Point to Comet.
Posts: 475 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Deputy Verger
Shipmate
# 15876

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Verger   Email Deputy Verger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm refusing to gloat, resting on the side of gratitude that it has been amazingly mild so far and the magnolia is getting uppity for the time of year. I know all too well it can still take a massive turn for the worse before the whole show's over. Also, that this appears to be a little flood-free island, though some days only just.The river has been unusually high - they've deployed the Thames Barrier several times this winter, when some years it never gets any exercise.

So I am trying not to envy the tropicals while not gloating about the Arctics. The best thing about rain: two things, actually - you don't have to shovel it and it cuts down the number of tourists taking selfies outside Westminster station!

Posts: 475 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

quote:
somebody start a traffic thread and watch me smug the fuck out.

I'll be right there with you -- my commute is a whopping 1.8 miles and since the weather is so good, I can walk if I want.

Kelly, are you on water rationing yet? So far they're just talking about it down here.

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As an Aussie, travelling across the USA, on vacation, I am missing our summer, thankfully... And getting your winter.
And boy, am I getting it!

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
quote:
somebody start a traffic thread and watch me smug the fuck out.

I'll be right there with you -- my commute is a whopping 1.8 miles and since the weather is so good, I can walk if I want.

Kelly, are you on water rationing yet? So far they're just talking about it down here.

Not. Yet. But they keep evoking the drought of '76, which scares the piss out of me. Hygiene standards just disappeared up here.

Oh, And I will confirm that, having see it, RuthW's walk to work is gorgeous bordering idyllic. Think: a stroll along Main Street in Pleasantville. Wouldn't be surprised if she is currently twirling a lacy parasol on her way in the mornings.

[ 24. January 2014, 00:54: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016