homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » You Knuckle-Dragging, Misogynistic, Neanderthal Tool (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: You Knuckle-Dragging, Misogynistic, Neanderthal Tool
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did this idiot make transfer from 1950?
Walk next time, tosser.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's a shame she only received the note after landing. Had she known beforehand, she could have removed herself from the cockpit during the flight and found a more suitable seat in the passenger cabin. Perhaps 'David' could have volunteered to take over?
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fuck that guy.

Few weeks ago I ran across this: 3-year-old girl already knows her "place"

I found it poignant, because I was an "A-Team" fan when I was a kid and it took me 40 years and a ride on a Disneyland Virtual Reality ride for me to realize-- I din't want so much o be Murdock's girlfriend as I wanted to be Murdock. I mean, both would have been cool-- but boy, did I want to fly that helicopter.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anglican't:
It's a shame she only received the note after landing. Had she known beforehand, she could have removed herself from the cockpit during the flight and found a more suitable seat in the passenger cabin. Perhaps 'David' could have volunteered to take over?

This, too [Big Grin]

"OMG! I'm having a hot flash, or a premenstrual attack! OMG, DOOOWN we go, oh wait my estrogen has balanced,back on keel Sorry about that, people."

As the captain says, though, the fact that the uniform reaction of her crew was "what the FUCK?" is encouraging. Not, "Don't take it personally." Not, "You just have to put up with it," But "That is definitely uncool." Good to have the backup of your team mates.

[ 06. March 2014, 06:35: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

- Posted      Profile for The Phantom Flan Flinger   Author's homepage   Email The Phantom Flan Flinger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But at least the man had the grace to put "sorry not PC" on his note.

--------------------
http://www.faith-hope-and-confusion.com/

Posts: 1020 | From: Leicester, England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

[Killing me]

Oh God, I missed that. Oh God, I am such an asshole for condemning a true gentleman. How on earth can I hold my feminazi head up in public anymore! I sentence myself to two straight months of exclusive reading of "Martha Stewart Living!"

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Phantom Flan Flinger:

Also "respectfully", although a strange form of respect.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matt Black

Shipmate
# 2210

- Posted      Profile for Matt Black   Email Matt Black   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Proof that the words, "with respect" (or their equivalent) usually mean "anything but".

--------------------
"Protestant and Reformed, according to the Tradition of the ancient Catholic Church" - + John Cosin (1594-1672)

Posts: 14304 | From: Hampshire, UK | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Anglican't
Shipmate
# 15292

- Posted      Profile for Anglican't   Email Anglican't   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He appears to have written 'respetfully'.
Posts: 3613 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Phantom Flan Flinger:

He could have left out the 'P'.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just think about this poor bastard's life. Everywhere he goes women are in charge of things instead of him. Everywhere he goes women are doing things he cannot do.

Everywhere he goes women are more successful than him.

Want to know how I figure that? How else would he have not known that women were pilots? He clearly has not been able to afford to fly since he hatched somewhere in the Dark Ages.

Seriously, this guy is torturing himself every day of his life. He could get help; help I am not offering him.

Sometimes the saddest clowns are the ones who do it to themselves.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Panda
Shipmate
# 2951

- Posted      Profile for Panda   Email Panda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He doesn't seem to have the courage of his convictions, given that the best he could do was to passive-aggressively leave the note on his seat, rather than actually say it to her face.

And on a napkin! Surely if you're in the habit of making bigoted observations like that, you'd keep a proper notebook with you. After all, as Tortuf points out, every day he might meet a woman bus driver, doctor, lawyer, police officer. Or a teacher!

And it obviously hasn't occurred to him that it's possible to be a pilot and a mother at the same time. If you're not full-time, you shouldn't bother.

As a woman, a pilot and a priest I should clearly just pack up and go back to my kitchen. Oh, wait, no. I won't, because in my world it's 2014.

Posts: 1637 | From: North Wales | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
[Killing me]

Oh God, I missed that. Oh God, I am such an asshole for condemning a true gentleman. How on earth can I hold my feminazi head up in public anymore! I sentence myself to two straight months of exclusive reading of "Martha Stewart Living!"

Martha Stewart?! Oh no, no, no, no, my dear! She is a FEMINIST and thinks she can operate an empire WITHOUT a man! No, no, dearie, the lady (not a woman, mind you, but a LADY!) you want to model yourself after is Phyllis Schlafly! Now, there's a lady who knows her place! Also you might try emulating the lovely helpmeet of Tim LaHaye, Beverly LaHaye, who knows that God, the great Sky Father wants women (oops! Ladies!) to be vessels to bring forth mostly male children.

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
The5thMary
Shipmate
# 12953

- Posted      Profile for The5thMary   Email The5thMary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My dear female friends... we are VESSELS! [Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
God gave me my face but She let me pick my nose.

Posts: 3451 | From: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This vessel likes filling up with good red wine. [Biased]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But the poor little man is illiterate, we have to make allowances. His Janet and John books have not prepared him sufficiently for; 'look, John, look at the plane. Janet is flying the plane.'

By the way, in 1983 I wanted to be a pilot, and I changed my mind when someone told me I'd need A1 eyesight and a maths A level. Clearly neither those was going to happen, so I switched ambitions. At no point did any one suggest gender was a problem or issue, and it certainly never crossed my mind.

Never ceases to amaze me that some cultures are lagging half a century behind...

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'cept I don't know if we can blame any culture for him. A really, really, REALLY small subculture perhaps. (If I were speculating in Hell, I'd wonder about some sort of personal history for this guy. He sounds like someone who has his knickers in a twist over a mother, wife, or daughter of his own who has had the temerity to go out and have a life rather than standing around all day making sandwiches for him.)

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Proverbs 31? Obviously she should be a captain of business, a manufacturer and landowner.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It’s a good thing this jerk isn’t an American Episcopalian.

The Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori is not only our first woman Presiding Bishop,
quote:
She is an instrument-rated pilot, and both her parents were pilots... [her] daughter Katharine is a captain and pilot in the United States Air Force.

[ 06. March 2014, 14:02: Message edited by: Pigwidgeon ]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
It’s a good thing this jerk isn’t an American Episcopalian.

How do you know? Just because he was flying on a Canadian airline doesn't mean he's not American or Episcopalian. He may have moved north to escape the Episcopal church that is clearly under Satanic control appointing a bishop who's from a family of female aviators.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, so this bloke is a total pillock, and a cowardly one at that, but is it really worth getting angry about it?

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The5thMary:
My dear female friends... we are VESSELS! [Killing me] [Killing me]

Nuclear family wessels.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
OK, so this bloke is a total pillock, and a cowardly one at that, but is it really worth getting angry about it?

Hell is for venting, vent I did.
Worth being angry? Dunno, I was, after posting and reading the responses, I'm not.

Thank you, my lovelies.

[ 06. March 2014, 14:36: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
Just think about this poor bastard's life. Everywhere he goes women are in charge of things instead of him. Everywhere he goes women are doing things he cannot do.

Small children are doing things he cannot do. Like live in the 21st century.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Pfft. Spoken like a male driver. Obviously your rage-inducing hormones disqualify you from such a dangerous job, and it's a wonder and a sin that you attempt it. Hang up your keys and let the nice bus lady take you safely to and from your destinations, as God intended.
Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Leaf:
quote:

Pfft. Spoken like a male driver. Obviously your rage-inducing hormones disqualify you from such a dangerous job, and it's a wonder and a sin that you attempt it. Hang up your keys and let the nice bus lady take you safely to and from your destinations, as God intended.
Where the fuck did I say anything like that?

--------------------

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why are you so angry?
Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Okay, so a teenager wanted to piss off the teacher. Was successful.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why are you so angry?
I'm not angry, I'm just bemused by your reply to what I said

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Hold on, how about we discuss Spike's question; Is this worth being angry about?
I say it is. Not because of this napkin leaving australopithecus, but for the more subtle, yet pervasive sexism which still affects women.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Hold on, how about we discuss Spike's question; Is this worth being angry about?
I say it is. Not because of this napkin leaving australopithecus, but for the more subtle, yet pervasive sexism which still affects women.

It's worth being angry that our society is such that somebody can have his attitudes and not be ashamed. And not just one somebody. Look at all the mouth-breathers coming to his defense (not on this thread but out there). Without shame. That's worth being angry about.

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Preach it, brother mousethief.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, yeah. But it's a bit boring to be angry about this here. Unless we are lucky to attract some random troll from the web, just who is going to stoke up any controversy about this how?

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Posts: 12010 | From: Gone fishing | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, the closest we're getting to that is Spike's post.
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by IngoB:
Well, yeah. But it's a bit boring to be angry about this here.

I can teach you how to use the scroll bar if you like. It's not terribly hard.

--------------------

IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:

The irony of your comment presumably escapes you.

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Tut, tut, mousethief. IngoB does not need to learn the use if the scroll bar. Surely someone who so exemplifies the reason to use the scroll bar must be a master.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:

The irony of your comment presumably escapes you.
"I know you are so what am I" is such a lame come-back, but I must bow to you as the master of it. Anything but accept criticism. Can't do that. You're IngoB.

--------------------

orfeo

# 13878

quote:

In the last couple of months I've had the joy of reading how people feel about the weather, and now I've got to deal with a thread where people are discovering the relative unit cost of heating, and you think this is a demonstration of something boring to get angry about?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Thank you, Orfeo. Spot on.

--------------------

IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
and you think this is a demonstration of something boring to get angry about?

Nope, that's not what I said. I said it's boring to get angry about that here, given the inevitable (and yes, justified) one-sidedness of the ensuing response. Perhaps we could hand out a Rumpelstilzchen award to the most convincing display of outrage, just to keep his thread from deteriorating into a discussion of mousethief's fetish for scroll bars?

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Nope, that's not what I said. I said it's boring to get angry about that here, given the inevitable (and yes, justified) one-sidedness of the ensuing response. Perhaps we could hand out a Rumpelstilzchen award to the most convincing display of outrage, just to keep his thread from deteriorating into a discussion of mousethief's fetish for scroll bars?
Good idea. You win.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Nope, that's not what I said. I said it's boring to get angry about that here, given the inevitable (and yes, justified) one-sidedness of the ensuing response.

What, like the Phelps thread?

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You mean David's flight didn't wind up smashed into the side of a mountain? God be praised; miracles still happen. I suppose the co-pilot (a penis&testicle equipped person) actually had control of the plane, much like a driving instructor can, in an instant, save the car from a crash.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I Just got the coolest image of the guy's penis snaking over and grabbing the yoke.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Or even more fun: let's discuss the little Buddha's problem with non-attachment. She's so very unzen.

Or we can go deeper and discuss my irritation with Buddhist philosophies and how so many westerners think Buddhism is the best thing since sliced bread.

Bunch of misguided try hards.

[ 06. March 2014, 23:22: Message edited by: Evensong ]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Oh, sweety, you are sooo precious!

quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
Or even more fun: let's discuss the little Buddha's problem with non-attachment. She's so very unzen.

Zen is but one form of Buddhism and if you want something to be detached, step a bit closer.

quote:

Or we can go deeper and discuss my irritation with Buddhist philosophies

Jesus not bringing you any understanding or peace?
quote:

and how so many westerners think Buddhism is the best thing since sliced bread.

Bunch of misguided try hards.

You have a very poor understanding of religious history and human psychology, it would appear. You judge a religion by a few of its followers? That does not bode well if you ever study the history of Christianity....

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

RuthW

# 13

Could we just talk about penises driving planes? And not have yet another thread given over to Evensong?
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Panda:
And it obviously hasn't occurred to him that it's possible to be a pilot and a mother at the same time.

But then she could be breastfeeding as she comes into land. I may never get on a plane again!

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
Could we just talk about penises driving planes? And not have yet another thread given over to Evensong?

I'd like to see Evensong and IngoB debate penises. Because they're both dicks.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016