homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Martin inviting Beeswax Altar (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Martin inviting Beeswax Altar
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi Bee Ay

This is probably long overdue. I invite you to a full, open laying down of rhetorical arms here. Mine. Please do as you will.

I am guilty of being argumentative, no matter how one dresses it up as sophomoric rhetoric, with you on the Satanic rites (sic) and other threads on the social gospel and evangelism.

I'm very guilty of being a leopard whose spots don't change as I wildly oscillate from right to left.

So, for a start, can I ask what it was about my attitude to Associate Justice Clarence Thomas that transgressed Matthew 7? I like him. Don't agree with him, but I like him. Damn likable brilliant guy, much like yourself I'm sure. Sexual power abuse excluded. And yeah, had beams in my eye.

There's a Styx question on my condescending ad hominem of you as 'sweet' in invoking it.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

- Posted      Profile for Beeswax Altar   Email Beeswax Altar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You don't know Clarence Thomas yet dismissed him as patriarchal. Why? Because of Anita Hill? Maybe, she was lying. The same people who trashed Clarence Thomas had no problem coming to the defense of Bill Clinton.

--------------------
Losing sleep is something you want to avoid, if possible.
-Og: King of Bashan

Posts: 8411 | From: By a large lake | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Because he's patriarchal? She didn't lie. He oozes patriarchy, he is the epitome of patriarchy, the best that Christendom has. He was married at the time. A lapsed Catholic. Altogether a very real, wise, broken, representative, weak, foolish, highly qualified man. A bit like Richard Fish in Ally McBeal. And yeah, Bill Clinton. I loved Bill. He caused the Rwandan genocide.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

- Posted      Profile for Beeswax Altar   Email Beeswax Altar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes, she lied.

Bill Clinton didn't cause the Rwandan Genocide.

Everybody knows Tony Benn caused the Rwandan Genocide.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Beeswax Altar:
quote:
Yes, she lied.
You know this how?

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

Same way Martin knows Clarence Thomas lied and Hill is telling the truth.

--------------------

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Aside]I keep thinking Beeswax Altar is Bob Two-Owls.[/Aside]

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

Posts: 1621 | From: Warrior Mountains | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

Dang it

I changed my avatar because Yonoton used my last avatar. Forgo Bob Two Owls uses this one. Off to search for another avatar.

--------------------

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

How about this one?

Anybody using this one?

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yep, saw it this week, though I can't remember who was wearing it just now.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Beeswax Altar:
How about this one?

Anybody using this one?

Congratulations. You may well have unearthed an avatar sufficiently tasteless that no sane poster has thought to use it before.

EDIT: And just like that, someone comes and takes the rug out from me right while I'm typing that statement.

[ 12. May 2014, 03:17: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me]

I so TOTALLY hope that Shipmate shows up any minute now. [Snigger]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm fairly sure it's a snippet from a Gauguin painting. I never liked Gauguin much. Much more of a Cezanne fan myself. Which will please Sioni no end.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
Yep, saw it this week, though I can't remember who was wearing it just now.

Damn

I'll have another go.

--------------------

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

How about this?

--------------------

The Silent Acolyte

Shipmate
# 1158

- Posted      Profile for The Silent Acolyte     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Beeswax Altar, I love you too much to let you wobble around like this.

Your own 64x64-bit icon isn't that hard to rustle up.

You should adorn your rhetoric with something better than what you can scrounge up by rummaging around in Simon's odd-lots and seconds bin.

Posts: 7462 | From: The New World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mertseger

Faerie Bard
# 4534

- Posted      Profile for Mertseger   Author's homepage   Email Mertseger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
Beeswax Altar:
quote:
Yes, she lied.
You know this how?
My pastor-at-the-time's dad testified in the hearings (p553-573ish of the transcripts "Mr. Kothe") but that pipeline to the story did not really furnish us any additional details: his dad worked closely with and admired both of them and could not conceive of the harassment having happened. But blatant sexual harassment is often hidden, buried and secret. I tend to believe that it probably did happen in this case, if only because I have seen it happen it other situations by people who were otherwise good, functional and otherwise ethical in the rest of their lives.

--------------------
Go and be who you are:
The Body of Christ,
The Goddess of Body,
The Manifest Song of Faerie.

Posts: 1765 | From: Oakland, CA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

That's how.

Clinton's - Christendom's - failure in Somalia led directly to the Rwandan - Christendom - genocide.

And how false is my Jesus?

Is it that the Father and the Holy Spirit are NOT in His express image? And that He WAS the OT God the Killer and will be at His return?

Or is it even worse than that? In Him I see righteousness equate to social justice?

--------------------
Love wins

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

quote:
originally posted by MartinPC Not & Ship's Biohazard:
That's how.

Oh OK

Well, I believe Thomas because I know a guy who who has seen others falsely accused of sexual harassment.

So...we are right back to me believing what I believe for the same reason you believe what you believe. You pass judgment on Clarence Thomas based on speculation. I pass judgment on Anita Hill based on speculation. Neither one of us have any business passing judgment on people we don't know. The Jesus of the Gospels was opposed to such things. Martin's Jesus is OK with Martin passing judgment on anybody that Martin doesn't like. I'd be concerned if I thought your Jesus existed anyplace outside your own head.

quote:
originally posted by Martin PC Not & Ship's Biohazard:
Clinton's - Christendom's - failure in Somalia led directly to the Rwandan - Christendom - genocide.

The UN is Christendom? Huh...I suspect all of non-Christian nations in the UN will be upset by that. Perhaps, they'll take solace in the fact that you sprinkle the word Christendom throughout your posts simply because you like the sound of it. Your definition of Christendom, to the extent you even have a consistent definition of Christendom, has little to do with the actual definition of the word.

Now, if you have an actual argument that Somalia directly caused the Rwandan genocide, I'll listen. As it stands now, I can just say no it didn't and be done with it. I'll bet that should you actually attempt a reasoned defense of that assertion it will support my contention that you are behaving as self-righteous hypocrite. I'm not holding my breath you'll attempt an actual defense of your assertion. Chances are I'll get more vague blather justified by more vague blather.

quote:
Is it that the Father and the Holy Spirit are NOT in His express image? And that He WAS the OT God the Killer and will be at His return?

Your Jesus is false because it ignores the parts of the gospel you don't like. A view of Jesus that ignores large portions of the gospels is a false Jesus. I'm only interested in a view of Jesus that takes all four gospels seriously.

quote:
Or is it even worse than that? In Him I see righteousness equate to social justice?

It's worse because you come off as a self righteous hypocrite concerned more with asking the government to force others to follow your Jesus while giving yourself a pass. Social or otherwise it's an easy gospel for you to follow. How convenient that your Jesus comes to challenge others while at the same time making you feel all so right on for not being like all those
sinners. You come across as much a self righteous hypocrite as any Pharisee the Jesus of the Gospels encountered.

And that's sad because I don't think you are. I think you are a man hurt by the Christianity of his past lashing out by adopting the exact opposite position. I sympathize with that. I've been in that position myself. Turning into a self-righteous hypocrite is not the answer. Staying a fundamentalist but adopting new fundamentals is not the answer.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh Lord have mercy that one's terrible Beeswax!

Take TSA's advice and get you an original. You suck at choosing the givens.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

You and TSA are more than welcome to suggest an avatar, Evensong.

[ 12. May 2014, 13:59: Message edited by: Beeswax Altar ]

--------------------

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Clarence Thomas should be called to Hell for most of his SCOTUS votes.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

Fine

Call Clarence Thomas to Hell for his SCOTUS votes. If I called every federal judge to Hell for decisions that I didn't like, Hell would have to be harrowed every couple of days. But knock yourself out.

--------------------

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nah, as a Canadian, Clarence Thomas provides me with endless bouts of laughter.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
How about this?

It rings a vague bell, but nothing definite.
Posts: 3121 | From: Lancashire, England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

Had your rabies shots BA? I LIKE Thomas. As I keep saying and you keep ignoring. Like much else.

Why are you lying about my Jesus? Me too of course, but that's nothing. But why my Jesus?

How can you do that?

You're a liar Beeswax Altar.

A blaspheming liar. That makes me triply guilty of that by definition.

But you are a liar.

Fancy that. I've let myself get angry about that.

Well I better say that I forgive you BA.

But the feelings won't follow for a while.

--------------------
Love wins

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

No, you are a liar.

See we can do this indefinitely.

No point to it really.

But whatever floats your boat.

--------------------

Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

quote:
Originally posted by Yonatan:
quote:
How about this?

It rings a vague bell, but nothing definite.
Bastard [Razz]

--------------------

Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, couldn't resist! [Biased]

Be at peace, your 'Sherlock' avatar is yours again.

Posts: 3121 | From: Lancashire, England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

Thank you very much.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If Hell were a sex toy shop, this thread would be the blow-up sheep.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holy moley, Kelly, but you just made me inhale my bedtime cocoa.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:

That was baaaaaad

(I'll get my coat)

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Something that only gets purchased for bachelor parties and 18th birthdays, an embarrassment to even the most jaded, and explodes spectacularly during its first shame-faced and desperate solitary use?

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happens to the best of us, my friend.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
... and explodes spectacularly during its first shame-faced and desperate solitary use?

Wait a doggone minute!

quote:
G: Double Bonded Seams
The Love Ewe is designed to withstand the rigors of a shepherd’s passions, with double welded seams to allow for the exhausted collapse of a post-coital 200 pound man.

Source: it would be really hilarious if this was NSFW, but I supposed it could be.

--------------------

Honest Ron Bacardi
Shipmate
# 38

- Posted      Profile for Honest Ron Bacardi   Email Honest Ron Bacardi   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suspect Ariston may be using methane to inflate his model. That's got to end in tears.

Best stick with the example of this thread and stick to helium.
quote:
Industrial grade inflation port makes the Love Ewe last longer. The Love Ewe’s nozzle is conveniently located on her voluptuous bottom.

--------------------
Anglo-Cthulhic

Posts: 4857 | From: the corridors of Pah! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Inflatabeastiality. [Disappointed] This thread has sunk to a new low, even for Hell.

Well, at least we know what floats Ariston's boat.
Not that we are judging, mind....Oh Hell, yes we are. Jesus Christ on a unicycle, that is just weird. Hey quetz, got a patient for you.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone should invite Desert Daughter to join the fun. [Snigger]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Jesus Christ on a unicycle, that is just weird.

So is Jesus Christ on a unicycle.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Why do I suddenly miss Spiffy?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Because you really need something else to haunt your dreams forever, this is what I get for clicking the "games" link in that site Kells linked to.

You're Welcome.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Inflatabeastiality. [Disappointed] This thread has sunk to a new low, even for Hell.

Well, at least we know what floats Ariston's boat.
Not that we are judging, mind....Oh Hell, yes we are. Jesus Christ on a unicycle, that is just weird. Hey quetz, got a patient for you.

No thank you; we've had a surfeit of sheep, something to do with all the Welsh people in the area. Now goats and chihuahuas - bring 'em on.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Chances are the reason you are buck naked with an inflatable sheep is that you can’t handle sex with other humans or real sheep for that matter. The last thing you need at this point is a cavernous ovine vulva silently belittling your manhood.
[Killing me]

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quetzalcoatl:
Now goats and chihuahuas - bring 'em on.

Lot of chigoahuas in your area? (Chigoahua = small, aggressive, rank-smelling dog, butts you in the ankles a lot).
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, chigoahuas are a new delicacy to me. As are also cavernous ovine vulvas, but I shall see if Heston Blumenthal has any interesting suggestions for them.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
Because you really need something else to haunt your dreams forever, this is what I get for clicking the "games" link in that site Kells linked to.

You're Welcome.

I swear one of them mooed.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Thank you very much.

Phew. All is now right with the world.

Yet avatar guessing could have been fun.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

I do like that picture.

--------------------

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

What parts of the good news do I ignore then Father? You ignore all of it as far as I can see. Treating Jesus as God's hippy holiday.

And how, Father, am I a self-righteous hypocrite Father? What do I pass on? I have no wealth to redistribute apart from the 9 year old Passat, the laptop, six grand in the bank. And my left hand can know no more Father.

What impresses me Father, is that your flock needs no tending Father.

Clinton, a Christian, crusaded in Muslim Somalia, recoiled and signalled to Rwandan Christians, including priests like yourself Father, that they could murder another million Christians in a hundred days if they like.

So they did.

Father.

I should regret this Father. But the trouble is, Father, I don't. That concerns me.

How to love my enemy.

Don't send this for a start, I feel a still small voice saying.

It upsets me Father. But it doesn't bother you at all does it? That's what it looks like.

Yeahhhh. Love has to be one way doesn't it.

What an interesting experience.

God bless you Father.

--------------------
Love wins

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016