homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Just Fuck Yourself, Karl. (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Just Fuck Yourself, Karl.
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I see Zach purchased the "Nobody likes me everybody hates me" t-shirt from the same vendor as EvangelicalEvaporator.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So I guess it is easier to leave after more than a decade here than consider that one might have spurned a genuinely-offered apology.

Wow!

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've had my moments with Zach, but we worked it out on his last Hell thread. I'd be sorry to see him go if only because we need some representation of loyal yet conservative Piskies. I'm certainly loyal but not particularly conservative. [Razz]

And I do have some sympathy for those who have opinions which are under-represented here. Handling arguments gracefully when you feel like you are being carpet bombed with countering views would take some finesse and some thick skin. There are people here who have that finesse in spades. And some just have skin like tough old leather. Either way, some who are passionate about their views and yet are sensitive can have a hard time of it and even misconstrue things at times. Some don't flounce but just quietly leave for the most part, just popping in to make a brief appearances on occasion. That makes me rather sad.

So, Zach, this isn't "begging" for you to reconsider, but I do hope that you will think of this as a break and not a flounce.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
By saying I was being silly, I had meant to imply that I was being silly to not accept the apology offered. Sorry for not making that clearer.

I'm not going to stick around defend my decision to move on from the ship, but I do want to make that clear.

Posts: 9148 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Nobody likes me,
  Everybody hates me,
    Going to the garden to eat worms.
"

Yes, that is a much less childish reaction. Mature, even. Balanced. Our tiny little heads may explode from the sheer quantity of our newfound respect for your insight and equanimity.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
Zach, this isn't "begging" for you to reconsider, but I do hope that you will think of this as a break and not a flounce.

Seconded.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Take a breather, think in a more relaxed environment about how you can take all the bastard down with your brilliant Calvinist arguments, then come back. Simples.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fuckin' softies.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:
By saying I was being silly, I had meant to imply that I was being silly to not accept the apology offered.

Yes you were - but surely that's not a reason to leave? Especially as you say this community really has been important to you over the years.

There is far more to the Ship than Hell - just hang around All Saints, heaven and the circus for a while. Then, when and if you are ready, come back for a bit more purgatory and hell fire [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:
By saying I was being silly, I had meant to imply that I was being silly to not accept the apology offered.

Yes you were - but surely that's not a reason to leave? Especially as you say this community really has been important to you over the years.

There is far more to the Ship than Hell - just hang around All Saints, heaven and the circus for a while. Then, when and if you are ready, come back for a bit more purgatory and hell fire [Smile]

Hell hosts know this more than most. If we didn't get fluffy in Heaven and play silly games in The Circus (or Purgatory, if the mood takes us) we couldn't host Hell.

Flounces in Hell bring out the very worst in me, and that is very bad indeed.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by QLib:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
Zach, this isn't "begging" for you to reconsider, but I do hope that you will think of this as a break and not a flounce.

Seconded.
Thirded. [Waterworks]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by saysay:
Fuck me gently with a chainsaw.

I missed this earlier. The best part of this thread in my read of it just now. And also because [i]Heathers[i] is so great.

I happen to like Karl and Zach both. Both contribute. Both say things I like and dislike. So can we all fuck each other with chainsaws about now? It's all just so very.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016