homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Book Link (Page 43)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  52  53  54 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Book Link
Charles Had a Splurge on
Shipmate
# 14140

- Posted      Profile for Charles Had a Splurge on   Email Charles Had a Splurge on   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To Have and Have Not Ernest Hemingway

(St. Augustine is a city in Florida, Hemingway's book is set in Florida.)

--------------------
"But to live outside the law, you must be honest" R.A. Zimmerman

Posts: 224 | From: What used to be Berkshire | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A Moveable Feast - Ernest Hemingway

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perkin by Ann Wroe
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Travels in India in the Seventeenth Century - Sir Thomas Roe

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Charles Had a Splurge on
Shipmate
# 14140

- Posted      Profile for Charles Had a Splurge on   Email Charles Had a Splurge on   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr Wroe's Virgins Jane Rogers

--------------------

Posts: 224 | From: What used to be Berkshire | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Virgin and Martyr by Andrew Greeley

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Saint Genet: Actor and Martyr,* Jean-Paul Sartre

*One of the very few philosophical book titles that actually gains something by being translated into English, since "actor" has all sorts of philosophical overtones an existentialist would just love.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
An Actor Prepares, by Stanislavsky.

{Classic how-to book.)

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Songs My Mother Taught Me by Marlon Brando
Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Noa Noa: Gauguin's Tahiti by Paul Gauguin and Nicholas Wadlet

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Moon and Sixpence by Somerset Maugham

Novel about a fictional painter, based on Gaugin.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Glimpses of the Moon - Edmund Crispin

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Wonderful Flight To The Mushroom Planet, by Eleanor Cameron.

(Beginning of a great series about little boys who see an ad for boys to make a spaceship, of their own design. Then they take it to the address in the ad, and meet Mr. Theo...)
[Yipee]

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

The Camerons on the Train by Jane Duncan

--------------------

Charles Had a Splurge on
Shipmate
# 14140

The Book of Dave - Will Self

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Selfish Gene Richard Dawkins

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Under the Skin by Michael Faber

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

How Green was my Valley by Richard Llewelyn

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

The Prince And Princess In Happiness Valley, by Ken Anderson.

(Kids' book with a Christian theme. From what I remember, I liked it a lot.)

[ 14. May 2013, 07:37: Message edited by: Golden Key ]

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

The Princess and the Goblins by George McDonald

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

The Princess Diaries, by Meg Cabot.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure by William Goldman

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Wrestling Princess and Other Stories by Judy Corbalis
Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

(In which Cassandra's father has written one of the most interesting-sounding books in a book, Jacob Wrestling )

--------------------
Pondering.

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

The Seige by Adrian Mitchell
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Gone With The Wind, by Margaret Mitchell.

--------------------

Charles Had a Splurge on
Shipmate
# 14140

The Remains of the Day Kazuo Ishiguro

(Both have butlers - Rhett and Mr Stevens)

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

The Admirable Crichton by J.M.Barrie

(The ultimate butler)

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Peter Pan by J.M.Barrie

Michael is on of the children Peter takes to the Never Never Land.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Heidi, by Johanna Spyri.

Peter is Heidi's friend. BTW, there's a sequel by the author's translator.

--------------------

Charles Had a Splurge on
Shipmate
# 14140

Heidi Klum's Book of Knowledge

[ 20. May 2013, 20:50: Message edited by: Charles Had a Splurge on ]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
David Mamet's The Secret Knowledge

a book that will have you holding your head in disbelief [Eek!]

--------------------

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee: An Origami Yoda Book by Tom Angleberger

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Uncle Tom's Cabin

--------------------

Charles Had a Splurge on
Shipmate
# 14140

Noddy and his Car Enid Blyton

Because Noddy's a taxi driver and goes cabbin' too.

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

National Velvet by Enid Bagnold

...the route to fame of the violet-eyed Elizabeth Taylor

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

Nation by Terry Pratchett
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

Our Country's Good by Timberlake Wertenbaker

--------------------

Charles Had a Splurge on
Shipmate
# 14140

A Passage to India E. M. Forster

--------------------

agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kim by Rudyard Kipling

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

The Stainless Steel Rat by Harry Harrison

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Mother Goose edited by Alan Opie

Containing the lines:
"Goosey goosey gander, where do you wander?Upstairs and downstairs and in my lady's chamber."

--------------------

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Snow Goose by Paul Gallico

--------------------
Pondering.

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

Snow by Adam Roberts

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Love, let me not hunger by Paul Gallico

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  52  53  54 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016