homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Book Link (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  52  53  54 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Book Link
Niminypiminy
Shipmate
# 15489

- Posted      Profile for Niminypiminy   Email Niminypiminy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Portrait of a Lady Henry James

--------------------
Lives of the Saints: songs by The Unequal Struggle
http://www.theunequalstruggle.com/

Posts: 776 | From: Edge of the Fens | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Portrait of Dorian Gray Oscar Wilde.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendek

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Call of the Wild by Jack London

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hatchet, Gary Paulson

(YA survival novels, both inspiring as I grew up)

[ 08. June 2012, 02:39: Message edited by: AristonAstuanax ]

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Side Of The Mountain, by Jean Craighead George.

(Another kid survival story, and one of my childhood favorites. [Smile] )

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Beyond the Blue Mountains by Penelope Lively

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

Posts: 464 | From: Orpington, Kent, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

- Posted      Profile for ElaineC   Email ElaineC   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons

--------------------
Music is the only language in which you cannot say a mean or sarcastic thing. John Erskine

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

Precious Bane by Mary Webb

(classic of the genre that Gibbons was satirising)

--------------------

ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

Touch not the Cat by Mary Stewart

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sam the cat detective by Linda Stewart

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fred by Posy Simmonds (about a cat with a double life).

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern by Lilian Jackson Braun

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Cat in the Hat Dr. Seuss

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah Guarino

(Rhyming title.)

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi and Curt Gentry

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

(both true crime stories)

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Spy Who Came In From The Cold John le Carre

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

The Spy who loved me Ian Fleming

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seven Pillars of Wisdom by TE Lawrence
Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

The Secret Seven by Enid Blyton

--------------------

ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

Noddy goes to Toyland by Enid Blyton

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown by Maud Hart Lovelace

--------------------

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

The Betsy by Harold Robbins

--------------------

Theophania
Shipmate
# 16647

- Posted      Profile for Theophania     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Robins in the Abbey by Elsie Oxenham
Niminypiminy
Shipmate
# 15489

- Posted      Profile for Niminypiminy   Email Niminypiminy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We're Going on a Bear Hunt Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

Look, Daddy, Oxen! by Mark Rose

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Miracle of the Rose Jean Genet

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Niminypiminy
Shipmate
# 15489

The Man Who Planted Trees Jean Giono

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver

[the protagonist's father is killed by a bear at the beginning of the story, which is set in the early Stone Age]

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

Dances with Wolves by Michael Blake

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Lord of the Dance by Andrew M. Greeley

--------------------

Niminypiminy
Shipmate
# 15489

Lord of the Flies William Golding

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Biggles Flies East by W E Johns
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

East of Eden by John Steinbeck

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

QLib

Bad Example
# 43

The Blue Fairy Book by Andrew Lang

(includes the story 'East of the Sun, West of the Moon')

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are by Alan Watts

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

Who am I? The 16 Basic Desires that Motivate Our Actions and Define Our Personalities by Steven Reiss

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please Understand Me II: Temperament, Character, Intelligence David Keirsey.

[Snigger]

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. God, This Is Anna, by Fynn.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

Anna of the Five Towns by Arnold Bennett

--------------------

ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

A Warning to the Curious and Other Ghost Stories by M R James

[includes a story called 'The Uncommon Prayerbook']

... wait, I already had another book by him, is that allowed?

ElaineC
Shipmate
# 12244

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  52  53  54 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016