homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Book Link (Page 53)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Book Link
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Never the Bride by Paul Magrs
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Never Pick Up Hitch-hikers by Ellis Peters

--------------------
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Vanishing Hitchhiker by Jan Harajd Brunvard

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho by Stephen Rebello

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

- Posted      Profile for Boadicea Trott   Email Boadicea Trott   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Making Of Pride And Prejudice by Sue Birtwhistle & Susie Conklin

--------------------

Posts: 563 | From: Roaming the World in my imagination..... | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13¾ by Sue Townsend.

(In Memoriam [Votive] )

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady - Edith Blackwell Holden

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Phoenix and the Carpet by E(dith) Nesbitt

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
David and the Phoenix - Edward Ormondroyd
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - J K Rowling

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

The Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem: Being a History of the English Hospitallers of St. John, Their Rise and Progress by the Rev. W. K. R. Bedford
[Devil]

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Seas of Morning by Geoffrey Trease

in which a boy travels to Rhodes to find out more about these mysterious Knights of St John...

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Red Sky at Morning by Richard Bradford

I love this book!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

One - Richard Bach

--------------------

Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

Music In The Castle Of Heaven: A Portrait of Johann Sebastian Bach
By John Eliot Gardiner

--------------------

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander M. D.

Controversial first-person account of glimpsing heaven and coming back by neurologist

--------------------
Pondering.

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

Proof by Dick Francis

A book which features a completely different kind of spirit...

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

quote:
Originally posted by Cara:

Controversial first-person account of glimpsing heaven and coming back by neurologist

(tangent- I'm going to attend a talk by Dr. Alexander next week. [Smile] )

The Great Divorce by C. S. Lewis

The Jack's book (not) about Heaven, or so he said.

--------------------

agrgurich
Shipmate
# 5724

- Posted      Profile for agrgurich   Email agrgurich   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great Debat by Yural Levin

--------------------
Life is a comedy to those who think & a tragedy to those who feel.-Horace Walpole

AJG

Posts: 4478 | From: Michigan's Copper Country | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

There's Rosemary, There's Rue by Winifred, Lady Fortescue

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

Sparkling Cyanide by Agatha Christie

(one of the characters in this is named Rosemary)

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
quote:
Originally posted by Cara:

(tangent- I'm going to attend a talk by Dr. Alexander next week. [Smile] )

The Great Divorce by C. S. Lewis

The Jack's book (not) about Heaven, or so he said.

Interesting you are going (or have already gone) to a talk by Dr Alexander. I read an article discrediting him in many ways, which left me feeling rather sad--but then someone else refuted that article so it's all a bit confusing!

--------------------
Pondering.

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

oops. To get back on track:

Linford Christie: an Autobiography by L. Christie and T. Ward

[ 26. April 2014, 21:00: Message edited by: Cara ]

--------------------
Pondering.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

An Autobiography: The Story of My Experiments with Truth - Mohandas K. Gandhi

--------------------

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

Narrative of Sojourner Truth: a Northern Slave by Sojourner Truth

[ 01. May 2014, 19:34: Message edited by: Cara ]

--------------------
Pondering.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Northern Lights - Philip Pullman

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Auroras: Fire in the Sky by Dan Bortolotti

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Fire from Heaven - Mary Renault

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Angel Fire. by Andrew Greeley.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Garasu
Shipmate
# 17152

- Posted      Profile for Garasu   Email Garasu   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No angel, by Helen Keeble. - Rafael Angelos thought being the only guy at an all-girls school would be a dream come true--but he didn't realize that developing angelic powers and battling demons would be part of the package.

--------------------
"Could I believe in the doctrine without believing in the deity?". - Modesitt, L. E., Jr., 1943- Imager.

Posts: 889 | From: Surrey Heath (England) | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

Broken Angels by Richard Morgan

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

If They Come in the Morning by Angela Davis

--------------------

Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

Joy in the Morning by P G Wodehouse
Garasu
Shipmate
# 17152

- Posted      Profile for Garasu   Email Garasu   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The grey mane of morning, by Joy Chant.

--------------------
"Could I believe in the doctrine without believing in the deity?". - Modesitt, L. E., Jr., 1943- Imager.

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

Aha, Garasu, two links at once--clever!

The Little Grey Men by B.B.

(B.B. was the pen name of Denys Watkins-Pitchford, if more linkage potential is needed...)

--------------------
Pondering.

Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Garasu
Shipmate
# 17152

Little vampire women, Louisa May Alcott and [adapted by] Lynn Messina. - In this twist on Louisa May Alcott's classic tale that chronicles the joys and sorrows of the four March sisters as they grow into young women in mid-nineteenth-century New England, the girls are vampires and neighbor Laurie wants to join them.

--------------------

Boadicea Trott
Shipmate
# 9621

The Little Village School by Gervase Phinn

--------------------

Garasu
Shipmate
# 17152

The wheel on the school, Meindert De Jong. - Lina and the other children must overcome many obstacles to bring the storks back to their little Dutch village. But they don't give up, and soon they get the whole village working to make their dream come true.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"The Wheel Spins" by Ethel White - the basis for Hitchcock's film "The Lady Vanishes".

(PS I loved "The Wheel on the School" - takes me back to my Puffin Books days. I also like "Flood Warning" by Paul Berna).

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Armin:
The Sword in the Stone by TH White.

The early life of an orphan, Wart, who with the the help of his tutor, Merlin, grows up to become someone famous.

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

The Silver Sword by Ian Serraillier

(children's classic, about World War 2).

--------------------
Pondering.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The Silver Chair - C S Lewis

--------------------

Garasu
Shipmate
# 17152

Silver on the tree, by Susan Cooper. - In the Welsh hills Will Stanton, youngest of the immortal Old Ones, joins forces with Merriman, Bran, and the mortal Drew children in a quest through space and time against the powers of evil known as the Dark.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Tree and Leaf - J R R Tolkien

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman

--------------------

Garasu
Shipmate
# 17152

The death of grass, by John Christopher. - At first the virus wiping out grass and crops is of little concern to John Custance. It has decimated Asia, causing mass starvation and riots, but Europe is safe and a counter-virus is expected any day. Except, it turns out, the governments have been lying to their people.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A Taste for Death - P D James or Peter O'Donnell

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016