homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home

This thread has been moved to The Eighth Day.    
 - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The Shiny New Limericks Thread (Page 1)

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The Shiny New Limericks Thread
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's a while since we had a limericks thread so here we go again. Player one gives the first line of a limerick and then folks add a line each. The person adding the fifth line then gives a new first line. Please remember issues of metre and the standard A-A-B-B-A rhyming pattern. Please also keep it decent as I'm pretty sure the thread will be closed fairly swiftly if things degenerate into smut.

How about we start with a Geographical Sequence and I'll start with A:

When travelling towards Aberdeen

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To spend the New Year with the Queen

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I heard bagpipes playing

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
and hunting-dogs baying

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But nary a one to be seen.

A vicar who preached in the nude

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Was one very wrinkled old dude

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
He'd cast off his cassock

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Then quote Sacher-Masoch
Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And his exegesis was exceptionally lewd.

There was a young chap from Schenectady

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There was a young chap from Schenectady

Who desperately wished to connected be

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So he whipped out his phone

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For he was alone
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Until he got a call unexpectedly.

(OK, it sorta works.)

While plotting his next big adventure,

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
With a bond, or perhaps a debenture
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A boozy old broker
Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

and confirmed cheroot-smoker

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Had a shock when he swallowed his denture!

When taking the waters at Bath

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I became apoplectic with wrath

--------------------
Pondering.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

As I lounged in the bubbles

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Bemoaning my troubles,

--------------------

Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

Like some low-budget Sylvia Plath.

A nurse a cardiac ward

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Tripped on a long trailing cord

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

As downwards she tumbled

--------------------

The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

- Posted      Profile for The Phantom Flan Flinger   Author's homepage   Email The Phantom Flan Flinger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh bugger, she mumbled,

--------------------
http://www.faith-hope-and-confusion.com/

Posts: 1020 | From: Leicester, England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Her language, 'twas most untoward.

A lusty young tenor from Chester

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Had a crush on a basso named Lester.

[ 28. April 2014, 19:30: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The poor chap's vibrato

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

Got stuck on staccato
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

(Embarrassed, he had to sequester.)

A sweet young thing named Mary Ellen

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Had an uncommon fondness for melon.

--------------------

The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

- Posted      Profile for The Phantom Flan Flinger   Author's homepage   Email The Phantom Flan Flinger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
She bit into a slice,

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Which contained three blind mice

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

That greengrocer's rather a felon!

While staying in Dublin's fair city

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I found myself singing this ditty:
Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

"Oh Guinness and shamrocks",

--------------------

Porridge
Shipmate
# 15405

- Posted      Profile for Porridge   Email Porridge   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"I've broken the damn box"

--------------------
Spiggott: Everything I've ever told you is a lie, including that.
Moon: Including what?
Spiggott: That everything I've ever told you is a lie.
Moon: That's not true!

Posts: 3925 | From: Upper right corner | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Alas and alack, what a pity!

When dining on mussels and shallots

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Don't wear white silk and culottes

--------------------

MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Remember your manners

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Don't go bananers
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Or your outfit will end up with spots!

There was once a young man from Manchester

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Who dropped out of school one semester.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

To go "see the world"

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

and he saw it unfurled

--------------------

The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

And ended up as a court jester.

A saucy young wench named Samantha

--------------------

MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Got given her very own panther

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

all black and sleek

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

But with appetite weak

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

He could barely manage a cantor!

When walking the Cumbrian Fells

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I put on my 'court jester' bells

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016