homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Disgusting food combinations that taste quite nice (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Disgusting food combinations that taste quite nice
not entirely me
Shipmate
# 17637

- Posted      Profile for not entirely me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sparrow:
Earlier this week I had an amazing marmalade bread and butter pudding in a gastropub in Formby.

Ooo...which pub? Might have a venture out next weekend to try that one.

Weird combos - I didn't like mayonnaise as a child and used to have tuna mixed with tomato ketchup on my sandwiches for school. Everyone thought this was weird but I always found it rather yummy. I might have to resurrect this combo for lunchtime wraps this week.

Posts: 68 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Ricardus
Shipmate
# 8757

- Posted      Profile for Ricardus   Author's homepage   Email Ricardus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is a strange Czech sauce called rajská omáčka, which can be translated both as 'heavenly sauce' and 'tomato sauce'*, and which is basically tomato ketchup with allspice, bay leaf, thyme and cloves. I have had this with tuna and pasta. I wouldn't qualify it as 'tasting quite nice', but it's quite popular over there.

* From which it follows that the fruit in the Garden of Eden was a tomato.

--------------------
Then the dog ran before, and coming as if he had brought the news, shewed his joy by his fawning and wagging his tail. -- Tobit 11:9 (Douai-Rheims)

Posts: 7247 | From: Liverpool, UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can't argue with that. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kyzyl:
quote:
Originally posted by ArachnidinElmet:
Could a US shipmate please explain French-fried pickles to me? Are they cut like chips/fries? Are they battered? They keep popping up in the books that I'm reading.

This might help explain them...

Minnesota State Fair fried pickles

Thank you, Kyzyl, they sound quite nice. Someone once tried to cook them on Celebrity Masterchef, and the judges had a fit of the vapours. I think the 'chef' may have got the wrong end of the stick and tried to batter the whole gherkin.

For the record *raises hand* another Brit whose partial to a PBJ sandwich.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow
Shipmate
# 2458

- Posted      Profile for Sparrow   Email Sparrow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by not entirely me:
quote:
Originally posted by Sparrow:
Earlier this week I had an amazing marmalade bread and butter pudding in a gastropub in Formby.

Ooo...which pub? Might have a venture out next weekend to try that one.

The Cross House. It was on the specials so they might not have it every day. The best in Formby for food however is probably the Freshfields.

--------------------
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Posts: 3149 | From: Bottom right hand corner of the UK | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016