homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The microchip is the mark of the beast (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The microchip is the mark of the beast
Anselmina
Ship's barmaid
# 3032

- Posted      Profile for Anselmina     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
My beast has been implanted with a microchip [Smile]

[Big Grin] So have mine! A former racing greyhound and a former stray lurcher. You can just fill the chip under the skin of their necks.

Realistically, hasn't the 'mark of the Beast' always been the innate selfishness in humankind to do whatever the hell it wants to do despite the cost to those less powerful? We either wear the mark of Christ (or his Truth) or we don't. Surely nothing marks us out more distinctly as belonging 'not to Christ' as our behaviour when we put ourselves at the centre of everything we want?

--------------------
Irish dogs needing homes! http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/ Greyhounds and Lurchers are shipped over to England for rehoming too!

Posts: 10002 | From: Scotland the Brave | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Al Eluia

Inquisitor
# 864

- Posted      Profile for Al Eluia   Email Al Eluia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
Ah but you see Martin I have a lot of sympathy for "both-and" eschatology, which I think I have derived from Roger Forster: I'm sure John was writing in code for his own time, but also think there have been successive fulfilments of the same sort of thing at work.

I think it is "both-and" in the sense that the text was originally about what was happening at the time, but it also resonates with things going on in our own day. But the "end times" texts do not give detailed information about future events.

As to the OP, I agree with some of the other commenters that just because it isn't the mark of the Beast doesn't make it a good idea. Receiving a microchip to enable financial transactions just sounds too invasive to me.

--------------------
Consider helping out the Anglican Seminary in El Salvador with a book or two! https://www.amazon.es/registry/wishlist/YDAZNSAWWWBT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_ws_7IRSzbD16R9RQ
https://www.episcopalcafe.com/a-seminary-is-born-in-el-salvador/

Posts: 1157 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Al Eluia:
Receiving a microchip to enable financial transactions just sounds too invasive to me.

Yes - and they can easily move around.

Every time I visit the vet I check that my dog's is still in place. Some dogs are chipped but the scanner doesn't find it because it's shifted position. It would be very inconvenient if you arrived at the bank and your chip has moved to a different part of your body!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Receiving a microchip to enable financial transactions just sounds too invasive to me.

Every time I visit the vet I check that my dog's is still in place. Some dogs are chipped but the scanner doesn't find it because it's shifted position. It would be very inconvenient if you arrived at the bank and your chip has moved to a different part of your body!

Like your heart. [Eek!]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

That happened to my Goldie, Pyrite. Chipped as a pup, on one visit it the vet we couldn't find the chip. Implanted chip #2. Subsequent checkup found chip 2 where it should be and chip 1 in his butt, the opposite spot from the original site.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Al Eluia

Inquisitor
# 864

- Posted      Profile for Al Eluia   Email Al Eluia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
quote:
quote:

Like your heart. [Eek!]
Or further down. I'd rather not have to take off my pants to buy a burrito.

--------------------
Consider helping out the Anglican Seminary in El Salvador with a book or two! https://www.amazon.es/registry/wishlist/YDAZNSAWWWBT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_ws_7IRSzbD16R9RQ
https://www.episcopalcafe.com/a-seminary-is-born-in-el-salvador/

Posts: 1157 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alogon
Cabin boy emeritus
# 5513

- Posted      Profile for Alogon   Email Alogon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bravo, Eutychus!

No, I don't think Hal Lindsey et al. got it right. But I believe that William Stringfellow got it right. And in his own (IMHO) very perspicacious and sophisticated way, he was big on the book of Revelation and suggested that no Christian should dismiss it. He wrote a whole book inspired by it.

The latest heard on NPR today: candidates for office are spending mucho campaign $$ to buy technology such that various people who bring up their websites on the screen will instantly be well enough known as to be presented with different material depending on their identity. It is nothing new that politicians talk out of both sides of their mouth, but this brings the art to a whole new level.

"Come, sweet death."

[ 15. July 2014, 22:04: Message edited by: Alogon ]

--------------------
Patriarchy (n.): A belief in original sin unaccompanied by a belief in God.

Posts: 7808 | From: West Chester PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Persephone Hazard

Ship's Wench
# 4648

- Posted      Profile for Persephone Hazard   Author's homepage   Email Persephone Hazard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardus:
I have to admit that if such technology did become mandatory, that would be the point where I say "Argh! The fundies are right after all." But I don't think it would ever become mandatory, simply because, fundamentalists aside, the idea is just icky.

Oh, it won't become mandatory - it'll just become ubiquitous. Remember when suddenly it was weird to not have a mobile phone? Then smartphones happened, and now what's weird is not having one of them - the notion that somebody might not have a mobile phone at all isn't so much 'weird' as 'unthinkable'.

I'm not really making a Big Moral Point here, by the way, just a slightly wry observation. I adore my smartphone. She and I are practically inseparable.

--------------------
A picture is worth a thousand words, but it's a lot easier to make up a thousand words than one decent picture. - ken.

Posts: 1645 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016