homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Ramadan, and methods of fasting (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Ramadan, and methods of fasting
Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

- Posted      Profile for Augustine the Aleut     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lucia writes:
quote:
For what it's worth, even in the UK I don't think you could ban people from driving when fasting, but perhaps those with teaching authority in the muslim community could do more to recognise the physical challenges of fasting and highlight the need for those fasting to keep themselves and others safe, maybe adapting their routines in some way
In my limited experience in the Ottawa area (where there are few storefront mosques-- I only know of one) and the imams at the Byron St and Saint Jean Bosco mosques are both very sensible in discussing fasting questions (fatwas for those working on construction in hot weather to stay hydrated, etc), but the greater problem is the online bulletin boards which talk up the virtues of suffering during fasting and the heroism of those who damage their health. Sometimes it looks like Xtreme-fasting for young men trying to prove themselves in front of others.
Posts: 6236 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016